What kind of Fight Stick is the Best to buy?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by IOUHSilent, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Tremloc

Tremloc Noob

if it's in new or like new then yes. offer him 75 and see if he'll take it. I did a quick search on craigslist and found most of them being sold between 100 and 150.
  2. Organelle

Organelle Noob

Yeah they are both brand new and sealed.
  3. TaNGo IX

TaNGo IX Noob

Is the fightpad that much better than the xbox dpad? Any reason you went fight pad over fight stick? Also does Madcatz have any MK graphics on these things yet?
  4. KangDo

KangDo Noob

Only if you prefer pad over stick.

And yes, madcatz fightpad is far better than the regular xbox dpad. Xbox dpad is probably one of the worst around.
  5. TaNGo IX

TaNGo IX Noob

Ah okay thanks. I'm debating whether or not to go fight stick or game pad. I see pros using both...
  6. kilnkilagn

kilnkilagn Noob

I'm using the PDP TE stick. I haven't changed the parts yet to IL. Here's what's happening: 1) DownBack and DownForward specials whiff a LOT in the heat of a match; 2) the button spacing is too far apart for comfort (that may be more of a personal preference). But the whiffed attacks has made me stop and use the controller and---as everyone knows---that's not great. A minor point as well for me is the slant of the top: I don't like it. I feel like I want it to be flat.

After watching Duneboo's MK9 Online videos I realized the 3-over-3 button layout on Madcatz/Hori/Qanba sticks is much more ergonomical. So I'm going to get the Qanba when they're restocked in a few weeks. It's the same price as the Hori and Madcatz, has a JLF stick and OBSF buttons, and is native to 3 platforms. You can't beat that.