What's new

Question - Kitana What kind of changes would you like to see happen to Kitana in KP2?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
KP2 is just a few months away, and as you all know, DLC characters come with a patch. Each character may get touched in some way and I'm pretty sure Kitana is a fair contender for some kind of patch treatment.

Now for the most part, I feel as if Royal Storm and Mournful are fine. Neither is OP or UP and can compete with just about anyone in the cast. If there was any changes I would like to see happen to those variations, it would be a faster startup to reflect in RS and a mid hitting ex shadow kick in Mournful. I don't think she needs anything else.

Assassin on the other hand...lol. I feel like this variation needs to be completely revamped. It's supposed to be her rushdown variation, but it just falls short of that. Mournful and RS are her zoning variations yet they have better rushdown capabilities than Assassin, and that's a problem. The main changes I would like to see is:
-Either 2 hits or armor on assassin strike or let it have more active armor. The armor is only active for such a small amount of time and this is supposed to be her "let me get in" move.
-Faster recover on both versions of sharpen. The move literally takes more than a second to recover and the only safe way to get it out is by sacrificing damage...good damage. It also lasts a short time.
-The ability to run/dash cancel Princess Parry. She can already hold onto it so being able to cancel it would make her parry even more threatening upclose and give Kitana that rushdown ability she needs in this variation.
-F2 an OH while sharpen is active (maybe...still on the fence on this one)

I have high hopes for Kitana next year and I hope she remains the fair, honest and balanced character she is now. Let's see what you guys think.

Last edited:

gam224

The world's least hype player
I just want assassin strike to be an overhead, and I want to see better Armour on assassin strike. It would be great if they allowed you to put the mask on royal storm too

VITAL:
b2 - 25 frames startup should be decreased to 18 or 19. Being 0 on block would also be great, although that's far less important than the startup reduction.

Assassin Strike - the armor should last for the move's entire start-up, 100%. Hitting overhead, again, would be awesome, but not critical.

Sharpen (regular version) - decrease recovery by 15 frames, and increase active period by 2 seconds. It still wouldn't be a free buff by any means, but at least it could mean you could open up opportunities to use it without sacrificing a fair chunk of damage (which ends up being rarely worth it anyway)

Sharpen (enhanced version) - decrease recovery by 10 frames

IDEALISTIC (i.e. not going to get too upset if it doesn't happen):
Fan-Nado - does a token 0.5% damage on block

Addition of a new string: 3f1. Basically, my idea for this string is that, after the initial kick, Kitana would perform a fan swipe identical in animation to the last hit of 111. It would hit overhead, knock the opponent away (techable), deal 6% damage and be -5 on block. This allows her to have some sort of 50/50 mix-up after 3 (but not one that makes her at all similar to current 50/50 characters), make 3d4 at least a tiny bit more useful, and also give her a solid safe mid-overhead string, albeit one with very short range.

Last edited:
I'd love them to give some buffs for Assassin. It's really the only variation that needs it desperately... But i don't think they will do anything for her.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Speed up Sharpen or make it last longer, either or.

Being greedy now: f2 is now a overhead. Increase the dmg scaling on combos started with this move.
Make u2 deal an additional 2%. Not gonna happen though seeing as u2 into ExGlaive is already semi-broken.
Increase the dmg Mournful can deal after a ExRisingFan. Right now its pure ass and a waste of meter.

Make ExStaffGrab a GADDAMN BRUTALITY! Like I've said: Dead Plank. Must connect five StaffGrabs. Kitana lifts enemy onto pole before backflip-kicking there head off/catching it and saying "You waste my time." Automatic Flawless Victory.

ExGlaive can be MB'd a second time tohalt its movement. It disappears on block and trades with one projectile. After it disappears Kitana cannot use Glaive for three seconds.

Mourning Sickness: FBF3: 18f overhead poleslam. -11 on block. -2 on hit. -11 on whiff Does not trade with airborne enemies. Soft knockdown.

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
I started off MKX as a Kitana player, but I quickly switched to Johnny. I don't think she needs changes at all, since Sonic Fox won ESL and many other majors with Royal Storm. Mournful is also ridiculously good, and I've been saying it since the release. A mid projectile that hits overhead in the air, a safe wakeup move, great zoning and rushdown (kinda) and good damage also make her perfectly fine.

Now Assassin has some problems.

I just don't see the point of Assassin. Assassin Strike and Parry are good, but losing Fan-Nado and Square Wave take away a lot of her tools. While Sharpen is useful, Kitana has no mixups, making it very easy to block anything she does.

Also, the eye makeup. Kitana looks like a 5th Grader trying too look good.

I like some of the things Khao said, I would say in general make b2 18 frame startup, for assassin an option would be, ex AssassinStrike an overhead (this would give her some unsafe mixups) but still create more respect when someone hits you with b14. Faster sharpen and exsharpen, she doesnt need F2 to be an overhead. Done this would make her really good.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
KP2 is just a few months away, and as you all know, DLC characters come with a patch. Each character may get touched in some way and I'm pretty sure Kitana is a fair contender for some kind of patch treatment.

Now for the most part, I feel as if Royal Storm and Mournful are fine. Neither is OP or UP and can compete with just about anyone in the cast. If there was any changes I would like to see happen to those variations, it would be a faster startup to reflect in RS and a mid hitting ex shadow kick in Mournful. I don't think she needs anything else.

Assassin on the other hand...lol. I feel like this variation needs to be completely revamped. It's supposed to be her rushdown variation, but it just falls short of that. Mournful and RS are her zoning variations yet they have better rushdown capabilities than Assassin, and that's a problem. The main changes I would like to see is:
-Either 2 hits or armor on assassin strike or let it have more active armor. The armor is only active for such a small amount of time and this is supposed to be her "let me get in" move.
-Faster recover on both versions of sharpen. The move literally takes more than a second to recover and the only safe way to get it out is by sacrificing damage...good damage. It also lasts a short time.
-F2 an OH while sharpen is active (maybe...still on the fence on this one)

I have high hopes for Kitana next year and I hope she remains the fair, honest and balanced character she is now. Let's see what you guys think.
The way you play kitana I would think she would be underpowered

Lulz

You're free

Jk pls don't hurt me

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I would love a buff for assassin similar to cutthroat kano. Like we do a string, cancel into ex sharpen, and keep the combo going. In its current state, sharpen is pretty much useless. :\

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'd seriously just enjoy a faster b2 and maybe a slight buff to the startup of her f2.

As for Assassin: longer duration of armor on her Assassin Strike would be my #1. Faster startup or a longer lasting Sharpen is up there as well. Perhaps Sharpen shouldn't even go away unless you actually hit the opponent (also increase block damage), thus "dulling" the blades.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I've always been dissapointed with Mournful's move set.
Some normals using the staff and some unique strings is what I expected when I first looked at this variation. I was so dissapointed... :'(

Last edited: