What's new

What is Wrong With These People!? - The U.S. Politics Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
To my knowledge, only a digital copy of his birth certificate was released. Which was like a 5th grade level photoshopping job.

Why would Michelle Obama call Kenya his "home country?" In two separate speeches. I know this isn't absolute proof, but it's alarming to me.
Maybe because that was where he was RAISED? Not where he was born? She could just be saying that is his HOME, as in that is where he originally came from. That does not automaticaly mean he was BORN there, just that he has spent a crazy amount of his life there.

I dont really know btw, I havent really followed Obama previous to his term. This is the most likely explanation however.

So here's my problem with the whole "Obama's not a US citizen and therefore an illegitimate President" thing; Who's behind it, and for the love of God why?

It couldn't have just been the Obama's that got him elected. Many, many people had to be in on it, protecting him and financing him. And to what end? To have a non-American president elected to...continue many of the same economic policies of of Bush jr? To kill Osama bin Laden? What are they getting out of this? If all they want is influence, there are much easier ways to get in then falsifying citizenship and constructing an elaborate ruse of a campaign to gain public support. They could have grabbed any aspiring politician and used him as their inside man, they didn't have to pick the most difficult and convoluted plan to do that.

Is it a plot to undermine American democracy? Again, who and why? Is it the Chinese? Why would the destabilize their largest trading partner? The Russians? They still need us for wheat! Who would benefit from this other than some small, developing nation with an ideological grudge against the US that would lack the massive amount of resources needed to pull of something like that?
Please for the love of god tell me you are not being serious

nwo

Noob
Did you read the article? His lawyer flew to hawaii to pick it up. What do you want? Him to personally had you an original? I hate to break if to you, but even an american woman giving birth in another country means the kid its an american citizen. My god the level of denial its astounding. This thread has give from some intelligent discussion to wacked out conspiracy theories.
His lawyer saw it? Ok. I just know the PDF they released to the public was doctored. I know this all went down a year ago, but new evidence came out, it was the top story on Drudgereport.com yesterday. I personally am leaning toward him being born in Kenya, but I guess he would be eligible either way? Assume for a minute he was born there, what would be the point of lying about it?

Here are the two videos of Michelle Obama I was talking about. I think the most recent being from 2007.

nwo

Noob
Maybe because that was where he was RAISED? Not where he was born? She could just be saying that is his HOME, as in that is where he originally came from. That does not automaticaly mean he was BORN there, just that he has spent a crazy amount of his life there.

I dont really know btw, I havent really followed Obama previous to his term. This is the most likely explanation however.
Maybe.

I just find it odd.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To my knowledge, only a digital copy of his birth certificate was released. Which was like a 5th grade level photoshopping job.

Why would Michelle Obama call Kenya his "home country?" In two separate speeches. I know this isn't absolute proof, but it's alarming to me.
lol I agree, it's like some people just "ignore" that part or dismiss it even though she's been quoted saying it several times now..

Ok, @GNG & Revolv

Ok, it's simple actually..

McCain now vs. Obama now, clean fight McCain wins 7-4 vs. Obama.

Obama and his tricks, friends that protect him 10-1 Obama.

McCain and Obama in their Prime, 10-0 McCain as I'm sure most would agree. Obama would just be able to toss Basketballs at him but that won't stop McCain from breaking his jaw lol via his kombat training. Although, Obama might be able to dodge with his ears helping him out.

McCain fighting dirty...oh wait, McCain fights dirty?The one and only candidate that let his running mate do more talking and defend him more then he defended himself...lol

Also, McCain vs. Obama healthwise while McCain is older, he's also healthier then Obama. 4 years in, Obama's hair is noticably more grey. Obama smokes as well. Plus, McCain has been thru hell and back and thus is more durable so he has armor. Obama's armor comes from his groupies who can't fight in one on one MK :p

Mara

self proclaimed best harley quinn
Politics is all b.s (imo) All government officials are under someones pockets, If I had to choose between getting paid millions to lie and/or say the "right" thing as opposed to voicing my real opinion and saying how I truly feel but being broke, I would take the check. All politicians believe they're better than you because of their positions. So things like integrity,ethics,genuineness, that's all for poor people. Rich people can eat shit but will make you feel like shit for calling them out on it.

example

John Edwards Mr.Family man, "oh I would never cheat on my wife" Then the idiot gets exposed for using campaign $$$ to pay for his whore accounts,but before the trial he wants to express how "human" he is and how we all make mistakes, people end up believing his b.s and we end up feeling sorry for him & forget it ever happened, wash rinse repeat but with different politicians..

So, for those not in the know, there was a NATO protest yesterday in Chicago. Friend of mine who went there and managed to get out alive with no criminal record posted a Facebook update about it. I started talking shit about the plague of hyper-militarized police, and I caught all kinds of hell about it from friends and family members of his (not from the friend who posted the update, mind you). I even got threatened with physical violence. The gist of their beef was that because I wasn’t there taking a stand I had no right to speak out, even though I made it clear that my family needs me to stay here to help them move, and I can’t do that if I’m in jail. Also, apparently my tirade means I hate all cops…for some reason. Granted, I have a healthy _distrust_ of cops, but I don't hate any cops until they do something I deem worthy of hatred. Additionally, wouldn't know know it, but I guess some people don't like to be told that their family members in the armed forces are toiling in the desert for a lie.

Man, I don’t like creating waves, but occasionally my pent-up anger lends itself to all kinds of unintended consequences.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Funny thing is the Bible, Koran etc merely support traditional marriage. Yet people always target "the bible" exclusively lol...funny stuff.

Politics is all b.s (imo) All government officials are under someones pockets, If I had to choose between getting paid millions to lie and/or say the "right" thing as opposed to voicing my real opinion and saying how I truly feel but being broke, I would take the check. All politicians believe they're better than you because of their positions. So things like integrity,ethics,genuineness, that's all for poor people. Rich people can eat shit but will make you feel like shit for calling them out on it.

example

John Edwards Mr.Family man, "oh I would never cheat on my wife" Then the idiot gets exposed for using campaign $$$ to pay for his whore accounts,but before the trial he wants to express how "human" he is and how we all make mistakes, people end up believing his b.s and we end up feeling sorry for him & forget it ever happened, wash rinse repeat but with different politicians..
Pretty much, well said especially those politicians who want the government to control everything and do it for you...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
The Southern states have the most class.

It's a shame that all these people own guns, yet refuse to blow their "brains" out, it'd be a really noble cause for the greater good of humanity. I can't wait to move back to the West Coast. I'll be happy to pay a higher cost of living and deal with traffic in exchange to get away from this shit at this point.

It's a shame that all these people own guns, yet refuse to blow their "brains" out, it'd be a really noble cause for the greater good of humanity. I can't wait to move back to the West Coast. I'll be happy to pay a higher cost of living and deal with traffic in exchange to get away from this shit at this point.
It's no wonder California has such a high population density.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
His lawyer saw it? Ok. I just know the PDF they released to the public was doctored. I know this all went down a year ago, but new evidence came out, it was the top story on Drudgereport.com yesterday. I personally am leaning toward him being born in Kenya, but I guess he would be eligible either way? Assume for a minute he was born there, what would be the point of lying about it?
In what way was it doctored? Because a bunch of conspiracy theorists who don't know how PDF's work made a bunch of videos telling you it was? When it was announced that the birth certificate was coming out, everyone was pretty much saying the birthers would just say it was a forgery... and look what happened. They don't have a choice when faced with that evidence, so they must do everything they can to say it was doctored. Also, if you continue with this mentality, please explain why there was a birth announcement for Obama in the newspaper in Hawaii in 1961.

How was this "new evidence", in the slightest bit? This booklet a document with no legal standing. This is the only case I've ever seen where a non-government worker/official writes something about someone and it's called evidence. The New York Times also wrote about him in 1990 and said he was born in Hawaii. I've also been hearing that people sometimes embellish backstories to increase credibility, and that might've happened here rather than a fact-checking error (being born in Kenya makes you appear to have a better understanding of the lower class).

No... it would not make him eligible if he was born in Kenya. Why do you think the whole birther movement started?

And that second video lol.... what was that supposed to mean for us? If I tell you that I'm Italian, does that make you think I was born there? No (or at least it shouldn't), so why does it in this case? Unless you have a video of her saying he was born in Kenya, then gtfo

nwo

Noob
In what way was it doctored? Because a bunch of conspiracy theorists who don't know how PDF's work made a bunch of videos telling you it was? When it was announced that the birth certificate was coming out, everyone was pretty much saying the birthers would just say it was a forgery... and look what happened. They don't have a choice when faced with that evidence, so they must do everything they can to say it was doctored. Also, if you continue with this mentality, please explain why there was a birth announcement for Obama in the newspaper in Hawaii in 1961.

How was this "new evidence", in the slightest bit? This booklet a document with no legal standing. This is the only case I've ever seen where a non-government worker/official writes something about someone and it's called evidence. The New York Times also wrote about him in 1990 and said he was born in Hawaii. I've also been hearing that people sometimes embellish backstories to increase credibility, and that might've happened here rather than a fact-checking error (being born in Kenya makes you appear to have a better understanding of the lower class).

No... it would not make him eligible if he was born in Kenya. Why do you think the whole birther movement started?

And that second video lol.... what was that supposed to mean for us? If I tell you that I'm Italian, does that make you think I was born there? No (or at least it shouldn't), so why does it in this case? Unless you have a video of her saying he was born in Kenya, then gtfo
What about the first video? I'm mostly Italian and my "home country" is not Italy. I was born in the United States. The PDF file that they released to the public last year on WhiteHouse.gov was not an actual scan of a birth certificate, letters were cut and pasted all over the place, the letters had a white background, for example, the circle inside of an "A" or an "O" would be solid white with no striping pattern. I actually downloaded the birth certificate myself from WhiteHouse.gov when it was first released, and yeah, its a hack job in many ways. Here is link if you want to see what I'm talking about for yourself, and this guy actually believes Obama was born in the USA.

http://rightcounterpoints.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/is-obamas-newly-released-long-form-birth-certificate-legitimate/

"Regardless of whether this document was manipulated by the Hawaii State Department of Health, or someone else, unless a clear and unaltered version of the original source birth certificate is provided Obama is not going to be able to put this issue to rest. There is far too much room with this current document for there to have been manipulation on the part of the Obama Administration and therefore the conspiracy theorists will not leave the matter alone. Obama needs to provide clear and undeniable evidence that (a) he has a Certificate of Live Birth on record in Hawaii, and (b) that the certificate is not a forgery.
As I have said before, the only way to accomplish this is to give independent news agencies direct access to the original source document so that they can have an appropriate set of experts determine the authenticity of that document. Short of that the conspiracy theorists will have a hey day with this issue."

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lol, wow...

What about the first video? I'm mostly Italian and my "home country" is not Italy. I was born in the United States. The PDF file that they released to the public last year on WhiteHouse.gov was not an actual scan of a birth certificate, letters were cut and pasted all over the place, the letters had a white background, for example, the circle inside of an "A" or an "O" would be solid white with no striping pattern. I actually downloaded the birth certificate myself from WhiteHouse.gov when it was first released, and yeah, its a hack job in many ways. Here is link if you want to see what I'm talking about for yourself, and this guy actually believes Obama was born in the USA.
I already went over the first video. "Home" can mean a number of things, and as Obama has many relatives who still live in Kenya, it makes sense. She never said he was born there.

Letters were cut and pasted? You mean because they had OCR on when it was scanned in, but apparently that means nothing to conspiracy theorists because they don't know how these things work. Things appear manipulated in image editing programs because of that. You also realize that many people from the Hawaiian government would have to be in on this and not say anything about it, right? It's the same thing with 9/11 conspiracies.

They have to give the actual birth certificate to the media to confirm it??? What the hell??? It never had to be released in the first place! The Obama administration already went out of their way to appease fringe groups when he didn't even need to. The government already confirmed that his birth records are legitimate and there's absolutely no reason why anything more needs to be done. Most sane people realize that it's extremely unlikely that any conspiracy is going on here, which is why his administration stopped caring about it after the long form was released.

nwo

Noob
In case you missed the news from a few days ago, it's not a "smoking gun" or anything like that, but I don't do mental gymnastics and then just "hope" he was born in Hawaii.

This was originally posted as the top story on Drudgereport. It was updated 3 times from 1991 to 2007, it wasn't until 2007 that his birth place was changed from Kenya to Hawaii.

"Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.
Obama’s biography in the booklet is as follows (image and text below):

nwo

Noob
Lol, wow...

I already went over the first video. "Home" can mean a number of things, and as Obama has many relatives who still live in Kenya, it makes sense. She never said he was born there.

Letters were cut and pasted? You mean because they had OCR on when it was scanned in, but apparently that means nothing to conspiracy theorists because they don't know how these things work. Things appear manipulated in image editing programs because of that. You also realize that many people from the Hawaiian government would have to be in on this and not say anything about it, right? It's the same thing with 9/11 conspiracies.

They have to give the actual birth certificate to the media to confirm it??? What the hell??? It never had to be released in the first place! The Obama administration already went out of their way to appease fringe groups when he didn't even need to. The government already confirmed that his birth records are legitimate and there's absolutely no reason why anything more needs to be done. Most sane people realize that it's extremely unlikely that any conspiracy is going on here, which is why his administration stopped caring about it after the long form was released.
It WASN'T a scan of a birth certificate. Download it, zoom in about 400% and look at it. I download mortal kombat CPO scans for arcade sticks and then alter them in photoshop, believe me, its very easy to tell when a scan has been altered. If something was written with a typewriter, each keystroke should be unique kind of like a finger print, the splatter marks where the hammer slaps the paper would be unique. Identical letters are often found, because they were moved around and re-used.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It WASN'T a scan of a birth certificate. Download it, zoom in about 400% and look at it. I download mortal kombat CPO scans for arcade sticks and then alter them in photoshop, believe me, its very easy to tell when a scan has been altered. If something was written with a typewriter, each keystroke should be unique kind of like a finger print, the splatter marks where the hammer slaps the paper would be unique. Identical letters are often found, because they were moved around and re-used.
Turn OCR on and do the same thing.

nwo

Noob
Turn OCR on and do the same thing.
Let me just prove that it's not a scan right on the face. This is a test anyone could do. You see on the left hand side, how the document appears to be going down and off the edge of the table? The green background pattern should also curve with the document, instead it continues in a straight line, a 100% perfectly straight line.

All I'm saying is I have my doubts, and I don't just "trust" what any corporate news media says, on top of this, it's not like I want Romney to be President. I'm done talking about it.

Ah, I see the birther bullshit is still going on for another full page.

Awesome.:coffee:

It's like, you know there are former US government officials lending their support to the Mujahedin-e Khalq (an officially recognized terrorist organization) for committing wanton acts of violence against the Iranian people, yet these officials aren't being charged for "providing material support for terrorism." And there's a lot more going on around the world that's a metric fuck-ton more important than this non-issue.

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011
Please question the Official Story. Demand the release of the many surveillance tapes confiscated by the CIA of the 9/11 Pentagon Attacks. Demand a TRUE investigation.

Reactions: eks

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Please question the Official Story. Demand the release of the many surveillance tapes confiscated by the CIA of the 9/11 Pentagon Attacks. Demand a TRUE investigation.

Just like the birther issue this is fucking TRIVIAL compared to all the problems we have now in this country. 9/11 happened, the deed is done. People are dead and it is terrible. Chasing some stupid conspiracy theory is not going to solve anything. We have humans rights issues in the world, other issues like gay marriage and gun laws. Our debt is as bad as ever, we have corruption all over the place.

Im sorry but it offends me that people would rather worry about trivial stuff like this than true atrocities and problems that plague this country and the world.

Reactions: eks

nwo

Noob
Just like the birther issue this is fucking TRIVIAL compared to all the problems we have now in this country. 9/11 happened, the deed is done. People are dead and it is terrible. Chasing some stupid conspiracy theory is not going to solve anything. We have humans rights issues in the world, other issues like gay marriage and gun laws. Our debt is as bad as ever, we have corruption all over the place.

Im sorry but it offends me that people would rather worry about trivial stuff like this than true atrocities and problems that plague this country and the world.
The "birther" issue is trivial? Gay marriage is a priority? What has this country come to.

They made Donald Trump the face of the "birther" movement to make a joke out of the whole thing and to try and discredit legitimate facts.

Here's a great video of Obama's "birth certificate" being analyzed in Adobe Illustrator. I should have posted this earlier to end any doubt that this is a fraudulent document.