What's new

What is the most BS gimmick in injustice?

nugava

Noob
With Raven
b23 blocked > db2... If it does not work;
b23 blocked > db2 blocked > db2...
It still works online... One of the dumbest and funniest frame trap of the game...

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
B13 into close rocket power. I saw Gross getting away with this at NEC.
GL's f2 is a gimmick
Most of Joker's pressure is gimmicks.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
im curious as to what to the most annoying gimmick is according to the community. I'm not talking about quick stand resets or ambiguous cross up setups. I mean things like when green lantern players walk back and as soon as you let go of block you get caught by a b1, like when cw players do bf2Mb then d1bf1 on block, also things like joker players doing jump 2 after jump 2 to go for more damage and a mixup or when Zod players do bf3 twice in a row if the first ones blocked...any thoughts?
I really shouldn't even have responded to this but I can't help it.
Zod players doing bf3 twice - Punish the move the first time you block it.
Zod's bf3 x2 (Phantom push) isn't that gimmicky(only a little). It has ridiculous range in the neutral (keeps them about dash distance away), so even though it is slightly negative (still safe), it is fast. I will sometimes do a second one to catch a dash in, or a mistimmed/wiffed normal, or even a late back dash. Some characters don't have much they can do about it from max range, and even then rarely is someone going to get a full combo punish by interrupting it from that distance (usually just a trade with another 8% special) so it has good risk reward. This is particularly true because I often dash back safely after a bf3, so if I train the oppoent to dash forward with my dash back, then I can punish them instead for trying to make a read (although d12xxlaser is a bigger punish for dash ins, a second bf3 covers their wiffed normals options as well). Anything slower than 15 frames startup, or has bad range, or some charecters jumps arcs, or a dsah-in, will all be caught by the second bf3. If they do nothing then I get free chip and build meter.

Yes, point blank repeats is dumb, so is just doing it without making a read. But it can be a fairly safe tool to use that covers a lot of options if you read that they are likely to happen. Just saying!

All that being said, characters doing whiffed normals after a standing reset (Zod, batgirl, zattana ect..) trying to get a free reset is the biggest gimmick in this game

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
All that being said, characters doing whiffed normals after a standing reset (Zod, batgirl, zattana ect..) trying to get a free reset is the biggest gimmick in this game
I agree and disagree because these are just a sort of a 2nd hand vortex which is obviously a very viable tactic and not so gimmicky. On the other hand I do agree that vortexs are a bullshit feature that removes skill from the equation of a match and instead implements a coin toss guessing game.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Hmmm first do slide but that's mainly because I am rocking a 3 day launch catwomen and batman I haven't taken to the lab since launch sadly and the issue is really my in experience in the match ups

JDM

Noob
im curious as to what to the most annoying gimmick is according to the community. I'm not talking about quick stand resets or ambiguous cross up setups. I mean things like when green lantern players walk back and as soon as you let go of block you get caught by a b1, like when cw players do bf2Mb then d1bf1 on block, also things like joker players doing jump 2 after jump 2 to go for more damage and a mixup or when Zod players do bf3 twice in a row if the first ones blocked...any thoughts?
lmfao wait when GL players hit you with a B1 that's a gimmick? It's called footsies what

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
injustice is genuinely a game of stupid gimmicks people trying to hold onto the idea that the game is good, call 'tech'.

In MK9 there was dirt but aside from like cyrax resets, everything was intended. This game just feels like everything is clunky and unintended.

Like 50/50's where u whiff a normal before u go in.. just so lame looking.
Please explain to us how you don't understand how the game works some more.

Warhungry

The earth shakes beneath my fists.
That many characters can dash in on you in the corner and reverse your wakeup after a knockdown.
GL d1 into f3 is annoying as shit.
Sinestro getting a free fear blast after MB fear blast(applies to Deathstroke guns).
When shazam players do d1 d1 into low grab
How floaty characters can simply walk back after d1~ES and avoid the low hit
Batman using trait to get free pressure into a string that gives him a safe trait use. Wtffff
Batman b3 b3 block infinite
Venom.
NW staff, the bane of online players.
All I can think of right now.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
F13 after a close FTD with Aquaman to reset the opponent. Hits big characters with ease, but can be avoided by a mere tech roll with everyone. Or wake-up.