What's new

What is the legacy that Injustice: GAU leaves behind?

I don't think Injustice ever had a chance with the community.

Between the, "Injustice has no footsies" crowd...
The top players with podcasts who pushed personal agendas under the guise of concern for the community...
"Deathstroke Rules Injustice"
"If Scorpion is in Injustice, I'm Going To Quit"
The Great Scorpion Scare(The character needed adjustments, but he didn't need to be stomped into the ground)
The calling for Paulo's job because of Martian Manhunter...
And the general venom that people who were successful in MK9, but struggled in Injustice had toward the game simply because they were too stubborn to realize they couldn't just pick up the game and be instantly good at it....

Injustice never had a chance. Too many personal agendas were pushed and listened to by the community, too many minorities with bigger voices than the majority being "trusted" instead of the community thinking/exploring/figuring out shit for themselves....

Let's just hope the community isn't so emotional and reactionary when MKX comes out.
Tho this sounds great and I pretty much completely agree with what u stated here, injustice proved that our community probably will keep whining and overusing the word "broke" and etc. I can already see the thread for when a character that is acknowledged as "broke" comes out and we will have a civil war of arguing and what not. This time around tho, I will just ignore that stuff and do what DJT does: go to tournaments, win, and rinse and repeat that formula. Doing that will give me a better chance at taking evo tbh.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Tho this sounds great and I pretty much completely agree with what u stated here, injustice proved that our community probably will keep whining and overusing the word "broke" and etc. I can already see the thread for when a character that is acknowledged as "broke" comes out and we will have a civil war of arguing and what not. This time around tho, I will just ignore that stuff and do what DJT does: go to tournaments, win, and rinse and repeat that formula. Doing that will give me a better chance at taking evo tbh.
At the end of the day what matters is who the devs will listen to. I think they've learned and will listen to the right people.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
IGAU taught us that this community is filled with bitching and moaning over the simplest things. I agree with whoever sais the community was more fun during mk9, but also have to add that most of the problems came from that community as well.

As far as gameplay goes, there was a lot of broken shit but technically it was an improvement over Mk9. I think MKX is going to be great and hopefully we can rise above the bullshit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
An intelligent mind would discern the fact that sonic fox was 14 years old at that time, has grown, matured, put aside a number of the habits that kept him from beating better players. He's learned and developed greatly in the last two years.

The current edition of Sonic Fox waltzed back to evo 2014 and handily beat the entire crop of "footsies players" in the MK9 side tourney. Despite not practicing it anymore, Sonic and Dab were displaying some of the best grasp of the game in that tournament by far.

If you really think that the Sonic Fox of 2014/2015 is the same Sonic from 2012, you've not been paying attention :p And you will be in for a big surprise in MKX.
Really? Was DJT losing to Fox also done with both players at their peak? Because it's awfully easy remember DJT missing every single ball punish, dropping combos, reacting late to pokes and at one point even doing just standing 1 to punish the ball without even a net

Really? Was DJT losing to Fox also done with both players at their peak? Because it's awfully easy remember DJT missing every single ball punish, dropping combos, reacting late to pokes and at one point even doing just standing 1 to punish the ball without even a net
DJT was pretty on point the day before but since mk9 took awhile to finish up on Sunday he didn't warm up at all and it showed haha. I respect that fox got his warm up in before the top 4 tho because warming up can never hurt. Overall, yeah evo 2014 was hella rusty but hella fun and we all know evo 2015 for MKX is going to be brutal and everyone will be going at full force.

IGAU taught us that this community is filled with bitching and moaning over the simplest things. I agree with whoever sais the community was more fun during mk9, but also have to add that most of the problems came from that community as well.

As far as gameplay goes, there was a lot of broken shit but technically it was an improvement over Mk9. I think MKX is going to be great and hopefully we can rise above the bullshit.
I hope so as well. But knowing our community loves using the word "broke" and that ppl can't handle ermac's pre patch push/ deathstroke's pre patch low guns, I am sure there will be something else that is good for zoning/counter zoning that will get nerfed like those two things lol.
Edit: could mention other things that got shafted like sub's reset with ex puddle and even buffing characters like MMH lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I hope so as well. But knowing our community loves using the word "broke" and that ppl can't handle ermac's pre patch push/ deathstroke's pre patch low guns, I am sure there will be something else that is good for zoning/counter zoning that will get nerfed like those two things lol.
Edit: could mention other things that got shafted like sub's reset with ex puddle and even buffing characters like MMH lol.
One of MK9's greatest "Injustice's" was Sub losing his reset, while Smoke and Cyrax still had theirs lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
One of MK9's greatest "Injustice's" was Sub losing his reset, while Smoke and Cyrax still had theirs lol
Ermac's push, Jade's u+3, Kano's knives and up ball, Noob's shadow up kick, etc.

Meanwhile Smoke players were asking for a launching low attack. Despicable community.

Injustice has lots of injustices too.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Ermac's push, Jade's u+3, Kano's knives and up ball, Noob's shadow up kick, etc.

Meanwhile Smoke players were asking for a launching low attack. Despicable community.

Injustice has lots of injustices too.
the biggest is sindels 4 cancel into special. :(

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
According to the last two NRS fighting games, this "last man standing" balance philosophy clearly does not work.

Also, scrubs need to have less input. Online players only must be ignored 100% of the time.

Yes, Theo was, and KDZ was the superior player at that time. What is your point?
ignore 99% of your costumers, makes perfect sense.
your should be in the NRS marketing department.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
the biggest is sindels 4 cancel into special. :(
True. I always forget how much Sindel was fucked over.

She was cheap because she had various fireballs. She did not need any buffs. That is what this scrubby community thought at that time.

ignore 99% of your costumers, makes perfect sense.
your should be in the NRS marketing department.
If you are going to allow online players to influence the game's balance, why waste money on tournament players as testers?

Online players should have input on the game's storyline, gameplay modes, aesthetics of the game, etc. But just not the balance. If your car breaks down, you consult an expert. You do not ask the average Joe for his opinion because his opinion is irrelevant on a topic that he knows nothing about.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The downfall of Injustice: GAU is the safe and meterless 50/50 mix up that loops into itself. I would argue that this poor gameplay design immensely simplifies the gameplay. The superior player in terms of the basic fundamentals of a fighting game - reaction, execution, and footsies - no longer wins. The player who guesses the most correctly does. I would also argue that the safe and meterless 50/50 mix up has also permitted some good players to become great by consistently placing top 8 or even winning major tournaments. NRS, please, keep safe and meterless 50/50 mix ups as far away from Mortal Kombat X as possible. Likewise, keep dominant instant aerial projectiles and safe teleports away from the game too. Thanks.[/Spoiler]
So, by this statement, you're saying @SonicFox5000 is not a "superior player" just because he takes advantage of the vortex? He's not the only Batgirl player but he's the only one winning. Just because he uses Batgirl, you're throwing him in with "players that lack fundamentals" but he gets 2nd in DOA and wins MK9 at Winterbrawl, top 8 in Skullgirls (not sure actually placement)

This post gives me a headache.

And don't call me a "fool"...that's no longer a relevant insult of yours.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
True. I always forget how much Sindel was fucked over.

If you are going to allow online players to influence the game's balance, why waste money on tournament players as testers?

Online players should have input on the game's storyline, gameplay modes, aesthetics of the game, etc. But just not the balance. If your car breaks down, you consult an expert. You do not ask the average Joe for his opinion because his opinion is irrelevant on a topic that he knows nothing about.
you are right, NRS wastes money on testers.
They want to make the game more appealing to the tournament scene, but that's not their main objective and It shouldn't.
You seem to think that top players don't have their personal agendas, If it was up to you DS would had kept his day 1 BS.
I feel like NRS has a great approach to balance, it's not perfect by any means but they do what they can without the capcom approach.