What's new

What is the legacy that Injustice: GAU leaves behind?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
It's been a while since I've been here.

Still really amused by Dave's posts, and CrimsonShadow continues to be the most on-point dude on everything ever.

But anyways - my takeaway from Injustice? To be honest, I dropped it a long time ago. The nerfs to my favorite character in the game really did cut my interest down, but it wasn't the only thing. After a while it just got boring to me; the game felt stiff and goofy in a lot of ways. I didn't feel compelled to keep playing, I wasn't drawn to it every day like I have been with some of my great loves. I've been playing fighters since SF2 was new and have at least dawdled in every series major and minor along that way, and there have been lots and lots of games that kept me coming back and wanting to always be better. I just stopped feeling that love with Injustice.

On the other hand, the thing I also took away from playing fighters for so long and the ones I selected was a certain elitism that's still easy to find. I mocked and insulted Mortal Kombat for years, thinking of myself as just too good for that, that I could play SF, KoF, Tekken, VF, GG, SC, and so on and so forth; that those were just better games. Injustice was the thing that convinced me to actually step down from my high horse and give NRS the time of day.

So am I sold on MKX? Honestly, no. Not yet. Too many unanswered questions for me, too many things still up in the air from my Injustice experience. I shrivel at the price point between the $60 pricetag, preorder bonus, and highly expensive first-day DLC (with unknown contents, still? Come on, WB). I don't know how they'll react to balance problems - will they act too soon again, and fail to keep supporting over time as greater problems arise?

But.

I don't want to sound like this is all negative. I had fun with Injustice, for a time. I never felt like I was ripped off. I had good value for what I paid for, I appreciated my time spent playing it and the amusement I got out of the community around it. I am watching MKX videos. I'm reading about it. I'm back to poke around the community. They have my curiosity and even a bit of excitement, and I just wouldn't be at that point without Injustice. That's my takeaway.

no matter how technical the discussion is, at the end of the day injustice was incredible fun to me and i havent stopped playing until now. even though i used to hate DC (except Batman) before NRS got involved with them.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
While Sonix Fox's neutral game may be weak, Batgirl's is not. She has a weak neutral game in the sense that she lacks the great mid range tool that Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Sinestro do not lack. Batgirl's neutral game is very simple yet highly effective. Forward dash into the safe 50/50 mix up or jump 2 / aerial teleport. The risk versus reward ratio is always in Batgirl's favor because you can die in two and a half mix ups. She has one of the best and most rewarding neutral games in Injustice.
You should never get hit by dash forward 50/50, it's easy to d1 that on reaction. You'll also never convince me that jump 2/teleport is a good mix up as it is unsafe and easy to blow up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It's not about me or fox or anybody, it's about the frame data. You've got 33+ frames to react to dash in 50/50. And stop being a bully with "top player" privilege, as if you were a top player... :rolleyes:
Fool, you are not even a mid level player. Who are you to judge anybody?

The point is, you do not understand how footsies work in Injustice. Most characters cannot walk in and out of another character's normal attack. Most characters still cannot anti air the better jumping attacks in the game. For example, Zod cannot anti air Batgirl's j.2, so he is constantly forced to retreat with backdash, which allows Batgirl to forward dash. Frame data has nothing to do with any of this, but you would not know because you are an online warrior who is bad at the game.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

The point is, you do not understand how footsies work in Injustice. Most characters cannot walk in and out of another character's normal attack. Most characters still cannot anti air the better jumping attacks in the game. For example, Zod cannot anti air Batgirl's j.2, so he is constantly forced to retreat with backdash, which allows Batgirl to forward dash. Frame data has nothing to do with any of this, but you would not know because you are an online warrior who is bad at the game.
You say I don't know how footsies work in Injustice, yet it is clear to me that you don't understand how anything works in Injustice. Pretty much everything you have posted about this game since it's release has been completely wrong. "Zod is a mediocre zoner", "Deathstroke sucks" etc... It goes on and on. Compared to you, I am a prophet and you are the scrub, unwilling to work and unwilling to accept the truth.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
You say I don't know how footsies work in Injustice, yet it is clear to me that you don't understand how anything works in Injustice. Pretty much everything you have posted about this game since it's release has been completely wrong. "Zod is a mediocre zoner", "Deathstroke sucks" etc... It goes on and on. Compared to you, I am a prophet and you are the scrub, unwilling to work and unwilling to accept the truth.
To be honest m2dave is an amazing player imo I watched some game play of him and he can zone even the hardest of characters to do against. As for zod being a mediocre zoner is a bit off. He's really good but only bcuz of his ability of iazb spam. His other zoning tactics are really lame and people often fall for some of them because they get impatient and run or jump at you. But zod is a good zoner top tier none the less. It just requires patience to get by it

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Do a streamed FT10!

Pest0Swami

MTL's Worst Player.
To be honest m2dave is an amazing player imo I watched some game play of him and he can zone even the hardest of characters to do against. As for zod being a mediocre zoner is a bit off. He's really good but only bcuz of his ability of iazb spam. His other zoning tactics are really lame and people often fall for some of them because they get impatient and run or jump at you. But zod is a good zoner top tier none the less. It just requires patience to get by it
But if I have no other options what do I do :(((((((((((((((((((((((

Jk tho, it's seriously hard to consistently d1 dash in attempts when there are a million other things going on.

I always saw Injustice as somewhat of a experimental game for NRS to do things they couldn't/wouldn't do in MKX. B2B, Interactables, Push block and the Light, medium, Fierce were all interesting. I am glad they had their chance to be flushed out a bit and the (arguably) better ideas make their way into MKX.

I personally didn't play that much once KI dropped but I kept watching for long after - mostly because how good the players/matches had become. Injustice brought out a whole new cast of top players and it will be interesting to see the merging into MKX.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Apparently, I have been demoted in this community to the point at which I have to fight a random scrub to prove a point. Whoever this scrub is, he is one of the many online warriors on this website. If he somehow managed to win a game or two, I would be shocked.
Do it for the Vine.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord

dude just do what top players do, post a pic of your evo medals shut them up:D

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
But if I have no other options what do I do :(((((((((((((((((((((((

Jk tho, it's seriously hard to consistently d1 dash in attempts when there are a million other things going on.
Yeah I rarely do it the last time I remember is when I was fighting forever kings zod and he kept dashing up f21 and I adjusted with d12 full combo punish.

n9195v

Noob
I believe Injustice will be remembered as and is for me the limbo between MK9 and MKX. That being said M2Dave is insufferable when he's trolling on these forms. If he wasn't a top player they would have probably banned him from the cite by now. But since he's decent at video games and brings a hell of a lot to the community, he has special privileges.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This doesn't make sense. How could Batgirl get a DP off if you are so good at punishing a dash to begin with?
Not sure if he actually meant punishing dash or dash plus attempt to push buttons afterwards (in which case it would be a read indeed). On this note, I think most characters' dashes have cancelling windows near the end of it where you can push buttons, but still can't cancel into blocking. If that's true (it feels this way tbh), then we should be careful with using dash frame data we were provided with lately.

I love back to block when it comes to the up close game, the issue is that it promotes retreating because blocking also moves us backwards. This mightve not been so bad if projectile characters had slower reverse walk speeds and rushdown chars had faster forward walk speeds.

The overall lesson learned, was never make a character have powerful AND safe moves. D1 can be safe, a poke can be safe- but strings should not be super positive on block, and non MB special moves shouldnt be positive. Every legit issue in this game was a character having a tactic that couldn't be punished or at least provide the opportunity to evade or begin offense

Last edited:
For me injustice will always be a great DC game with some huge gripes!
1. The wake up inputs are way to tight
2. Hate that you can't cross everyone up
3 Meter burning for armor, but not really cuz you still take damage!
4 how crappy shazam was done...
Still loyal to him though!
That's what injustice was for me.
Probably won't play the next one. Lol

Pest0Swami

MTL's Worst Player.
For me injustice will always be a great DC game with some huge gripes!
1. The wake up inputs are way to tight
2. Hate that you can't cross everyone up
3 Meter burning for armor, but not really cuz you still take damage!
4 how crappy shazam was done...
Still loyal to him though!
That's what injustice was for me.
Probably won't play the next one. Lol
1. You can literally mash your face on they pad/stick and wake up. Ever play online?
2. You can?
3. You get good trades in your favour / get out of interactables anyway.
4. Yeah you have a point there.