What's new

Question - Kenshi What is the Best Variation?

Best Kenshi Variation

• KENJUTSU

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • BALANCED

Votes: 54 40.9%
  • POSSESSED

Votes: 45 34.1%

• Total voters
Hey all,

Everybody knew this question was coming. In your Opinion, What is the BEST (not Favorite) Variation of Kenshi, against all round players. Please vote, and leave your reasons by commenting.

I know everyone can choose according their taste, but keep in mind that this thread is designed so that us noobs, get the knowledge from you veterans. You guys are the ones who have an eye for weaknesses a strengths in every situation. By the end, you guys will let us know which one is the best, and we can focus all our efforts on developing our gameplay for that variant.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm thinking balanced because he has the most keep away tools and also has some simple combos for 30ish% when they get in on you that will put them back at full screen.

However, I don't know that much because I'm a shitter.

I have been playing with Balanced a lot for the same reason. My friends (rivals) tend to play from long range. When i use Kenjustu though, he has good overhead attacks, which i like to use, but Balanced doesnt seem to have any, unless jumping in (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG. If balanced has an overhead attack i would love to use it).

Also. Does any of the Kenshi variants have an UNBLOCKABLE hit or special? Im sick of one of my friends using Scorpion's Hellfire on me, and i would love to counter with one of my own.

infamy23

FireBeard
I'll say that Kenjutsu is the best, although I don't use it because it's by far the most difficult to play. The RK D1 link is ridiculously hard to do, and even his BnB is kind of inconsistent for me.

Balance is fine against bad players, because they don't block. But good players are going to realize that you have no overhead combo starter, and then it becomes pretty much impossible to mix them up. This to me makes balance a worthless variation.

Possessed has easy combos and good damage, as well as a teleport/overhead combo starter. It isn't very good, but it's better than nothing.

I'll say that Kenjutsu is the best, although I don't use it because it's by far the most difficult to play. The RK D1 link is ridiculously hard to do, and even his BnB is kind of inconsistent for me.

Balance is fine against bad players, because they don't block. But good players are going to realize that you have no overhead combo starter, and then it becomes pretty much impossible to mix them up. This to me makes balance a worthless variation.

Possessed has easy combos and good damage, as well as a teleport/overhead combo starter. It isn't very good, but it's better than nothing.
Are you the guy who made the Combo tips video?

infamy23

FireBeard
Are you the guy who made the Combo tips video?
Yeah.

Can all versions get combos straight from his d4 like Balanced can? As weak as the 50/50 game is for that version, they have to let off block at some point. That d4>db1 starter leads to easy damage from so far away off a low.
That is definitely the 1 huge strength of balanced that possessed does not have. You get nice and easy meterless damage during footsies. But then you score a knockdown against a guy with no meter, and it should be a huge advantage for you, but it's not because there just isn't much for him to be afraid of.

@infamy23,

Can you please answer this:

"When i use Kenjustu though, he has good overhead attacks, which i like to use, but Balanced doesnt seem to have any, unless jumping in (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG. If balanced has an overhead attack i would love to use it).

Also. Does any of the Kenshi variants have an UNBLOCKABLE hit or special? Im sick of one of my friends using Scorpion's Hellfire on me, and i would love to counter with one of my own."

infamy23

FireBeard
@infamy23,

Can you please answer this:

"When i use Kenjustu though, he has good overhead attacks, which i like to use, but Balanced doesnt seem to have any, unless jumping in (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG. If balanced has an overhead attack i would love to use it).

Also. Does any of the Kenshi variants have an UNBLOCKABLE hit or special? Im sick of one of my friends using Scorpion's Hellfire on me, and i would love to counter with one of my own."
Balanced has 2 overheads. His 4D4 string which causes a hard knockdown. And his DB4 special which is used mainly at range. Can be used up close but it's pretty slow, and leaves you at -10 so not really worth it for 7% damage. Neither of these options will lead into a combo.

Kenshi has no unblockable attacks that I'm aware of.

I havn't touched the other two variations but the overhead special on Kenjutsu is retardedly good and I wouldn't be able to see how you guys would live without it in other variations.

adamlon1

Noob
In my opinion Kenjutsu is the best Kenshi variation that or Possessed but I think that Kenjutsu has the better Overhead combo starters in comparison to Possessed's teleport in Jump1/Jump2 however Kenjutsu does have a large learning curve and is severely different to Balanced and Possessed in my opinion.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I think balanced because. Well he can't mix any one up. He's got nothing but zoning. And so far his zoning isn't solid

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Balanced is the most fun to play, that's for damn sure.

I'm leaning towards it being the best too, although I still don't think it's particularly good.

Balanced is the most fun to play, that's for damn sure.

I'm leaning towards it being the best too, although I still don't think it's particularly good.
I dont think he's that good either. Im using Kenshi Balanced. I always see that my friends with other characters have way too much other stuff to offer. Sometimes i get mad, and say im switching characters, but i cannot stop using Kenshi, Always come back to him (no homo).

My question is, do you think that a new player like me who still doesnt manage to hit all those combos you guys are posting on youtube... Has a chance of defeating characters like Scorpion and Takeda which have arsenals that include single button overhead hits, air specials, teleporting,spears that leave you stunned and even unblockables in a single variation?

I dont think he's that good either. Im using Kenshi Balanced. I always see that my friends with other characters have way too much other stuff to offer. Sometimes i get mad, and say im switching characters, but i cannot stop using Kenshi, Always come back to him (no homo).

My question is, do you think that a new player like me who still doesnt manage to hit all those combos you guys are posting on youtube... Has a chance of defeating characters like Scorpion and Takeda which have arsenals that include single button overhead hits, air specials, teleporting,spears that leave you stunned and even unblockables in a single variation?
All of that stuff is irrelevant lol you can beat any characted in this game. It just requires practice thats all there is to it. If your serious about really learning the game? Practice Practice Practice. Theres threads on here about frame data which should be your first step. Whats the point of learning something if you dont know the basic mechanics behind how it works. right? Pretty sure theres a noob thread somewhere too. Not to insult you or anything lol

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!

Proper spacing and reads will beat character match-ups every time. That said, it takes a lot longer to get this part of the game than it does to perform combos. Keep using who you enjoy and get good with them. It's only been out for 13 days, there's still plenty to discover