What's new

What do YOU think defines a high level player at UMK3/MKT?

S

SuGaR

I told Hustle to corner jab inf everyone every match at the tournament. I wanna see some people get salty when they realize they suck. Win by any means possible.

EDIT:

@Dreamcatcher, Nightwolf corner infinite versus Kabal, every time it's possible!

X820

Noob
RollTide8569 said:
corner jab infinite is annoying to get caught in but i wish i could do it......my thumb gets sore lol
Get a stick with nice convaved buttons for you lady hands :p jk.

my lady hands are 2 used to the xbox 360 controller to make the switch

but i won a round w/ the corner infinite 2day on xbl, somebody gimme a cookie!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
How about the Nightwolf corner infinite?

I'm not going to be a smartass and post a bunch of different scenarios, but what's your opinion on this ridiculously easy infinite if you consider the corner jab infinite ban-worthy?
dont get stuck in the corner

REO

Undead
Derek said:
Get that ignorant shit out of here. There's no such thing as cheap in this game. Lose like a man, all of you.
just saw this post i was being sarcastic...

also u should take your own advice as far as losing as a man goes cuz i heard sans baby streaked your kabal and you rage quit lol.

S

SuGaR

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Also, you suck. <3

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dark_Rob said:
While I agree those things are totally lame, let me ask you this, if you were in the grand finals of a tournament and you were only a corner jab infinite away from winning the whole thing and you knew you could finish it that way wouldnt you do it? I would hope so because if it was me I would do it to you. A win is a win, and if it isnt banned I would go for it.
Interesting point but I definitely see AC's also, I think it's all about winning with dignity and honor....here's where some players are different. Some have that "cut throat, win at any cost mentality if it's not banned, it's not a problem" while others have that "I'm good enough to beat you WITHOUT resorting to questionable glitches" I mean hell, even some players have that "even if it is banned I'll do it because I have no life and MUST win" like some losers like Playing2Win from the 3D games who can't win without resorting to the easy 3D game infinites...then when he I played him, dusted him with ease in UMK3 just to prove a point to him. 8)

I prefer to win using the ladder (win gracefully and honorably) but I can also do so with the former as well, in the 3D MK's this was a huge issue especially since a lot of PS2 players felt "free throws into easy ass OTG's and partial infinites" that a baby could do were "legit" while a lot of Xbox players felt that was bs since anyone could do it, very understandable. I used both but I could and have won plenty in those without lame glitches....just to prove a point. But then again the 3D MK's had tons of issues and weren't taken that seriously anyway.

As for the UMK3 isn't a great game for the guy who said that, have to disagree there, give me UMK3 over any SF any day...I mean look at MVC2, it may be played more but god knows the game is also a million times more broken then UMK3 so by that logic UMK3>>>>>>MVC2 by far and nothing is banned in UMK3 unlike MVC2 tournaments.;)

REO

Undead
Derek said:
Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Also, you suck. <3
that doesnt mean much coming from someone who overrates theirself 24/7.

S

SuGaR

BiohazardR30 said:
that doesnt mean much coming from someone who overrates theirself 24/7.
Reo, I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but every time I've ever played you, I raped you. Bad. You pick Kabal and get shit on constantly, get good then talk to me. You don't seem to understand, I'm not overrating myself, I know exactly where I sit on the totem pole. I'll name every player I know for a fact that is better than me, everyone else is either equal or garbage.

Players I firmly believe are better than myself:

Moe
Lex
Dominican
Hustle
Shaney
Hanzo
RZP
ded

Players that I firmly believe are equal with myself:

Konqrr
GoldenOreos
Darxyd3
Miss Spin
Juggernaut
Dreamcatcher
X820(So much potential)
Sans Power(Totally different story offline, I'd body him and everyone knows it)
Scheisse
AC1984

Everyone else.

X820

Noob
Ok guys: We (the staff) have had to deal with enough drama in the UMK3 section lately and we really just don't want to deal with anymore garbage for now.

So please REO, Derek and whoever feels the need to go head on, PM each other or better yet try AIM.

Thank you.

X820

Noob
On a sidenote:

Thanks for the heads up SuGar, but when it comes down to it you'd rip me a new one for sure :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If I had an opportunity to win with the corner jab infinite, you better believe that I'd do it.

Go to 3:04 in this video to see for yourself lol

NoDoubt

nasty
in my opinion I think the cut-throatness of infinites and bugz are fun and can get really intense during matches cuz players get woken up by em and then try hard to avoid those situations....but I personally wouldnt do an infinite or corner infinite just cuz we all know umk3 is broken as it is and why benefit that? Its like feeding a fatass cheesecake. lol, but whatever.

If anyone uses infinites during gameplay, I dont mind it. I just dont do em myself.

Playing miss spin recently kinda made me also think how these shits really change the tier list lol. We all know 1 mistake against human smoke = 52% damage...or more depending on where you are. But against Kung Lao...1 mistake = your dead no matter what...no matter where you are, no matter who you are haha.

X820

Noob
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
UMK3 is broken, what game are you playing?
Really depends on your standards I guess, sure it has broken qualities but take Trilogy or even street fighter 3rd strike.. now THAT's broken..