What's new

What controller/fightstick are you using?

Not sure if this has been asked yet but...

Although at the moment I use the Madcatz TE pretty much exclusively for SF and every other fighting game, I really want to use the PS3/PS2 pad to play MK, since I've always played MK that way.

I might end up dual modding my TE and just buying the MK faceplate if it gets good reviews.

What are you guys planning on using? What do you think the majority of tournament players are going to use?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm playing the game on the PS3 pad. Buying a converter to play on 360 as well.

Originally was going to do it on stick, but decided against, though I may learn stick just so I'm not 100% limited.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
using Sticks, there seems to be a bunch of HCF/HCB QCF/QCB type of moves like street fighter and on pads i fuck up those moves half the time for whatever reason..

^ Niceeee.

@THTB, what converter are you going to get? I wanna get one that doesn't have any latency/delay issues. Static I've seen the converter you've recommended stickied at various sites but it's sold out :(

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Im not sure on the controls really but there doesnt seem to be anything like sf4 focus cancelling shenanigans wich are tough on pads. I always thought of MK as a pad friendly game compared to sf. ill be using my ps3 pad so im hoping thats the case.

DrDogg

Noob
It depends on how movement-intense the game is. If I have to do a lot of dash canceling and things of that nature, I prefer a pad. If not, I may use stick. Right now I play every fighting game on stick with the exception of Tekken, which I play on pad.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'll be using a new pad I get from online(not a madcatz like I've used in the past plus all mine are currently broken :( and I'll be getting the TE stick which I want to practice on and try to be versatile, use a pad and stick :)

I'm still deciding though on which pads to use, I like some hori pads I see online but I also like the SNES converter that Lucky has which I'm highly considering at some point and also that newer Xbox turning disc which is pretty good I must say. Definitely better then the typical 360 pads.

Have a 360 stick ordered with my copy of the game, and I'm already fine with a PS pad (though a SNES pad would be preferrable)

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I use the sf TE stick, I think I'm too use to the stick to be honest, because I use to play every mk with a regular pad.

Goldi

Noob
I've finally made nice with the hitbox. It doesn't look nearly as cool as the stuff in this thread, but I have butterfly stickers on it to help me keep track of the buttons.

I use a madcatz street fighter x tekken fightpad for mk 9. I have a hori v3 for mvc3 or sf. (i suck at both) I do have a question maybe one of u guys could answer though.......do those fight pads that connect via usb work for both consoles? or would have to buy another fight pad for 360?