What's new

Weekly Tournaments coming to Long Island, NY feat. Injustice, Killer Instinct, and MK: Trilogy

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The New York crew has been hard at work with getting Mortal Kombat revived lately, especially since the fall of Valley Stream Monsters aka "VSM". VSM started a lot of things and many famous FGC faces including CD Jr, Maxter and REO came from there. But since VSM has been essentially dead for some time a few kombatants have been reluctant to give up on trying to find a new home.

REO says thanks to Rapzilla for his hard work and dedication for finding a place in the Long Island area for the local players to train.

Introducing...

blu1.jpg

OK, so you remember when I made that PM about that MKT revival in the NY scene and how it started kicking off a month ago? Well the best news to ever come for the NY NRS scene is kicking off next week! This has been in the works for a LONG time. (Basically a year after VSM's decline when it started dying). But it's finally hit off and will become official this upcoming Friday!

NY is basically going to have it's official weeklies every week with tournaments (every Friday at 8:00 PM EST)! This is basically going to become like the equivalent of Chicago's Galloping Ghost Arcade, Cali's Wednesday Night Fights, New Jersey's 8 on the Break, Georgia's Atlanta Kombat, etc. etc. (I'm sure you guys get the point LOL)

Long Island is going to have it's official weekly tournaments again just like VSM once provided. The games featured will be Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat: Trilogy! And it's all thanks to Rapzilla's hard work and dedication in trying to find a new venue for us. He has been looking for a while but finally found a place where we can all play and level up!

blu2.jpg

Our weekly tournament battle ground is called "BLU PLANET KOMBAT". It will be hitting off this Friday (Jan 24th 2014).

509 Central Ave,
Massapequa, NY 11758
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BluPlanetComics

So basically this is how Blu Planet Kombat works. Every Friday there is a weekly tournament with a stream and then top 8 results will be posted. However, once a month there will be a tournament where the prize pot and entry fee are doubled and will take place on a Saturday! This encourages players from nearby areas like PA, NJ, etc. to come out and try to fight for the prize pot! So there's a cool twist to Blu Planet Kombat weeklies. :D (Also there is no tournament on the Friday right before the double prize pot monthly on Saturday. That day is reserved for casuals to ensure their will be blood slayed on the next day.)

blu3.jpg

For example: This upcoming Saturday is where the monthly double prize pot tournament takes place. So this upcoming Friday at Blu Planet Kombat will be open for casuals. Every other week will be regular tournaments until the monthly challenge comes up.
MOOOORRTALLLLLLL KOMMMBBAAAAAAAAAAATT!!!

REO

Undead
Thanks for the article STORMS.

Here's the official link to the monthly tournament this Saturday - http://testyourmight.com/threads/jan-25-2014-when-worlds-collide-injustice-ki3-mkt-tournament-1-25-14-massapequa-ny.40354/ Also keep in mind casuals will be available this Friday, too. Make sure to check it out.

I really REALLY wish we could at least have 1 mk9 set up.
Bring one if you want. I'm sure @RapZiLLa54 wouldn't mind at all if MK9 is there. Whatever gets everyone out and playing is good. This long slump in the NY NRS scene needs to be gone for good!

I really can't wait for this Saturday! I can't tell @RapZiLLa54 how much I appreciate this opportunity for us.

And again, to anyone who plays or enjoys:

Injustice
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat

Please make sure to tune in on the weekly tournaments or come engage in them if you're close!

i will be going a lot but massapequa is a lot further from the city than valley stream is which is too bad :(

wtf ever happened the the gamers edge...those idiots ever move?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
i will be going a lot but massapequa is a lot further from the city than valley stream is which is too bad :(

wtf ever happened the the gamers edge...those idiots ever move?
Its only about a 20 minute difference but yea I understand, luckily the train station is across the street and can accommodate.

I have no idea what happened to Gamers Edge

REO

Undead
the train station is across the street and can accommodate.
Train station being across the street from the venue is a godsend. It means when there's ridiculous weather causing snow or ice, I can just take the train instead of driving. :)

I'll be there Saturday. I'll bring a 360 with mk and igau and an xbone with KI. Props to AJ for putting in the work to make this happen. Been a long time coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: REO

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
This has my attention, wish it was closer to the city but 2 hour 15 minute commute from my spot in the Bronx isn't that bad, 6 train to the 7 to the LI train beats trying to get out to the Break in Jersey which is almost 3 hours at a higher price than this.

Reactions: REO

REO

Undead
This is huge... I hope people support it.
Yeah, now that we offiicially have a spot again where everyone can come train and level up (plus free parking!) I don't see why the NY NRS scene wouldn't transition into fire like it was for the first year of MK9.

REO

Undead
Here's the time table for this Saturday for anyone who missed it:

- Casuals will begin at 4:00 PM
- MKT tournament starts at 6:30 pm
- Injustice and Killer Instinct tournaments start at 8:00 PM

Last edited: