What's new

Week 6 Character Salt Report: Combo breaker edition

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Last week I gave you guys a vote, and I have to say, a surprise candidate has won the top spot on the salt report, which none of you saw coming...

Batgirl!
You thought this bitch died with Injustice? GUESS again! You thought MKX would see the return of footsies? Well, it hasn't according to TYM! In Grand Finals of the biggest and best tournament so far, we saw two characters 50/50ing each other to death and killing their opponents in the corner. Tell me that doesn't sound like a Batgirl mirror match? Apparently MKX is just a coin flip guessing game filled with Batgirls, according to many on TYM, and there was no sign of footsies to be seen in top 8.

Raiden

Master of Option Selects would have been a more honest title to his Thunder God variation, and Kenshi may as well have been called "Raiden's bitch". After MIT corner raped Pig of the Hut we saw an uproar in the updates thread, fully earning his spot on the report.

Scorpion
Most characters make it into the report for either inducing salt from their mains, or from the people who fight them. Scorpion is the first to make it for successfully meeting both criteria in the same thread. I am, of course, referring to the glorious thread by Mr Wang, providing the most entertaining thread of week. My personal favourite quote was something along the lines of "I can't wait until this fuckboi gets the nerf stick rammed up his ass". Truly beautiful.

Special shout out to Cassie Cage. A promising thread by Señor Helios almost got her a spot on the report, until the rest of the community shut him down for his misinformation. There are rumours that this community does in fact harbour the most salt, but that they are keeping it hidden and secret. Will this stay that way for long? Find out next week, when we will have another major, which you know will bring more salt.

Previous Results:
Week 0: Erron Black (OP)
Week 1: Sub Zero and Cassie (OP)
Week 2: Kung Jin (OP)
Week 3: Kenshi and Kitana (SB)
Week 4:Takahashi Takeda (SB)
Week 5: Sub Zero, Kung Jin and Cassie Cage (SB)

(OP = overpowered, SB = sucks balls)

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I love how week 3 was dedicated to a certain somebody saying that Takeda sucks balls, but yet we have raptor comfortably making top 8 at an extremely stacked major and beating many top tier characters.
You mean week 4? Also tbh I was surprised since I personally think that he isn't very tournament viable, I am very happy to be proven wrong, it is always nice to see different characters compete instead of the same 2 or 3 characters

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
As usual, a very nice salt report. Can't wait for this thread to get f'ed up somehow.
As always these never fail to entertain me, thank you for posting these salt reports, they always put a smile on my face
Always looking forward to seeing these salt reports, they're so entertaining, and gives me a chance to see what fun stories I missed. Keep it up! :)
Thanks guys, really appreciate comments like this. As long as people find them entertaining, I'll keep doing them.

You know, Kenshi is never going to get the buffs that he reportedly needs so desperately if Pigofthehut continues to place high with him in major tournaments :)

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Last week I gave you guys a vote, and I have to say, a surprise candidate has won the top spot on the salt report, which none of you saw coming...

Batgirl!
You thought this bitch died with Injustice? GUESS again! You thought MKX would see the return of footsies? Well, it hasn't according to TYM! In Grand Finals of the biggest and best tournament so far, we saw two characters 50/50ing each other to death and killing their opponents in the corner. Tell me that doesn't sound like a Batgirl mirror match? Apparently MKX is just a coin flip guessing game filled with Batgirls, according to many on TYM, and there was no sign of footsies to be seen in top 8.

Raiden

Master of Option Selects would have been a more honest title to his Thunder God variation, and Kenshi may as well have been called "Raiden's bitch". After MIT corner raped Pig of the Hut we saw an uproar in the updates thread, fully earning his spot on the report.

Scorpion
Most characters make it into the report for either inducing salt from their mains, or from the people who fight them. Scorpion is the first to make it for successfully meeting both criteria in the same thread. I am, of course, referring to the glorious thread by Mr Wang, providing the most entertaining thread of week. My personal favourite quote was something along the lines of "I can't wait until this fuckboi gets the nerf stick rammed up his ass". Truly beautiful.

Special shout out to Cassie Cage. A promising thread by Señor Helios almost got her a spot on the report, until the rest of the community shut him down for his misinformation. There are rumours that this community does in fact harbour the most salt, but that they are keeping it hidden and secret. Will this stay that way for long? Find out next week, when we will have another major, which you know will bring more salt.

Previous Results:
Week 0: Erron Black (OP)
Week 1: Sub Zero and Cassie (OP)
Week 2: Kung Jin (OP)
Week 3: Kenshi and Kitana (SB)
Week 4:Takahashi Takeda (SB)
Week 5: Sub Zero, Kung Jin and Cassie Cage (SB)

(OP = overpowered, SB = sucks balls)
To be fair most Scorpion mains didn't really think Scorpion was hurting for anything. We pretty much all just stated that was fine except Eddy lol

Vagrant

Noob

Batgirl!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I beat MIT 3-1 in raiden Kenshi Runback in 7:30am casuals lol

....then Got raped 5-0 by hellfire scorpion :mad::mad::mad:
I noticed in one of your streamed matches a couple of times you were getting missed inputs, like standing 3 or something at full screen? Was this ps4 pad issues? Has your converter not arrived yet?