What's new

Strategy Was it good for you? - Mileena general discussion

Lmaoooo.

I actually try playing Mileena vs Kenshi, so tough though.
That matchup is a bitch, her hardest in my opinion. Every time I'd run into a Kenshi back when I played online (months ago) I'd always use Kabal and iagb them until they flew into a blind rage.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Is ending Mileena combos with F2 a good strategy or it doesn't make a difference ending with her Uppercut too? I'm looking at every normal she has trying to find all of them useful in some way, F3,1+2 being in the middle of combos etc. F2 looks useless outside of a combo and since she can't follow up like B2 then Neck Bite. She stabs them with F2 but no follow up, not even energy drain like copycat Li Mei did in MKDA. I only ever played 1 Mileena player who used F2 but he retired MK.

Is ending Mileena combos with F2 a good strategy or it doesn't make a difference ending with her Uppercut too? I'm looking at every normal she has trying to find all of them useful in some way, F3,1+2 being in the middle of combos etc. F2 looks useless outside of a combo and since she can't follow up like B2 then Neck Bite. She stabs them with F2 but no follow up, not even energy drain like copycat Li Mei did in MKDA. I only ever played 1 Mileena player who used F2 but he retired MK.
Its neutral on block and you can end a combo with it to send your opponent fullscreen. That's about it.

My "send the opponent fullscreen" BnB is (jip) Up4, Up4, Back 1+4, Roll, Back 1+4, uppercut. 33% without jip, 36% with jip. Sadly you can't add in a standing 3 (or 1,1,2) before the roll on this or you won't be able to uppercut.

Highest I've got using f2 is 32% (jip, up4, up4, back1+4, 3, roll, f2). Obviously less without the jip.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah I use F2 as a combo ender, also Armageddon I had to play a Kenshi at my last tournament and I used Mileena, that was some of the scariest shit i've ever done

Yeah I use F2 as a combo ender, also Armageddon I had to play a Kenshi at my last tournament and I used Mileena, that was some of the scariest shit i've ever done
I know right? As the Mileena player you have no choice but to take a risk, while all of his options are safe.

Normal/:ex telekick? He gets a full combo if he blocks it low, and you're fullscreen again.
Roll to get in? He spirit charges you away.
D3? He blocks it and spirit charges you away. D3 is -8 on block and spirit charge is 8 frames. Ouch.
D4? He blocks it and spirit charges you away. You have time to block the spirit charge but the trade is not in your favor.
Jump to get in? Get outta here! I don't even need to go into detail on this one.
Crossover punch? :ex spirit charge!
You finally make it through the barrage of down-slashes, spirit charges, and tele-flurries and you make one mistake? Suddenly you're fullscreen again and you're missing a good chunk of your health.

It is hell. :(

Somberness

Lights
Its neutral on block and you can end a combo with it to send your opponent fullscreen. That's about it.

My "send the opponent fullscreen" BnB is (jip) Up4, Up4, Back 1+4, Roll, Back 1+4, uppercut. 33% without jip, 36% with jip. Sadly you can't add in a standing 3 (or 1,1,2) before the roll on this or you won't be able to uppercut.

Highest I've got using f2 is 32% (jip, up4, up4, back1+4, 3, roll, f2). Obviously less without the jip.
You can add a standing 4 before the roll, does 35%. :)

Yep, you just have to try and find their pattern and work around it, that's what I did.
I can see that working against most people, but when you end up fighting a Kenshi on the highest possible level... (Pig Of The Hut, Blackula, etc.)

I believe this slightly edited quote from The Matrix puts it best:

"Spoon boy: Do not try and find the pattern. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no pattern.
Neo: There is no pattern?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the opponent who falls into a pattern, it is only yourself."

You can add a standing 4 before the roll, does 35%. :)
Whoa, thank you! I always assumed I couldn't use standing 4 because standing 3 and 1,1,2 didn't allow the uppercut at the end because the opponent would fall too fast. JiP, Up4, Up4, Back 1+4, 4, Roll, Back 1+4, uppercut does 39%! You sir deserve an award. :D

Somberness

Lights
Whoa, thank you! I always assumed I couldn't use standing 4 because standing 3 and 1,1,2 didn't allow the uppercut at the end because the opponent would fall too fast. JiP, Up4, Up4, Back 1+4, 4, Roll, Back 1+4, uppercut does 39%! You sir deserve an award. :D
I believe that's her highest midscreen if you don't use b14 as a starter or meter. Here's something interesting.. maybe. B14 into B14 is a just frame, but only if you start a combo with b14~b14 or even b14~b14~b14. If you do it after up4, there is like a 3 frame window where you can connect another one.

Lmao.

I've played Blackula at WB and we were going kind of even in our matches, he's so damn good though.
You're lucky you got that experience! If I ever face a Kenshi in a tournament I'm screwed. They should make a costume for Mileena that turns her into a slot machine and you can only use it against Kenshi. Gamble time! :confused:

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I believe that's her highest midscreen if you don't use b14 as a starter or meter. Here's something interesting.. maybe. B14 into B14 is a just frame, but only if you start a combo with b14~b14 or even b14~b14~b14. If you do it after up4, there is like a 3 frame window where you can connect another one.
Maaaaan, now I have to test this out because imma have trouble sleeping if I don't figure this out.

Jer Somberness Highest I got was 37%. JiP, U4, B14, B14, 4, Roll, B14. I can't link the uppercut on the end to save my life. I think if I could hit it, it would be 40-41% midscreen meterless. I can't feel my thumbs.

Somberness

Lights
Jer Somberness Highest I got was 37%. JiP, U4, B14, B14, 4, Roll, B14. I can't link the uppercut on the end to save my life. I think if I could hit it, it would be 40-41% midscreen meterless. I can't feel my thumbs.
Oh, I thought you wrote back 1 as the starter. I don't think you can get an uppercut after that first sequence.