What's new

VSFighting 4 - 23/24th August - Birmingham - Millenium point

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
So after a bit of uncertainty, Electronic Dojo have announced that VSFighting 4 will return to the UK, and Injustice is in the lineup!

From the facebook page:

"Electronic Dojo is thrilled to announce that its critically acclaimed VSFighting tournament series will return in August 2014. This year we'll be hosting at the magnificent Millennium Point in Central Birmingham - and better still, we'll be showcasing some of the UK's finest competitors using the incredible IMAX Giant Screen!

Furthermore, we'll be partnering up with CAPCOM to deliver the UK's only PREMIER Pro Tour event, which will provide the winner with an AUTOMATIC qualifying spot to the Capcom Cup Finals this December - as well as more than £1000 in bonus cash prizes!

With a set of amazing partners, we're planning an unmissable two-day event. VSFighting 4 is sure to be our largest tournament yet and with a refined list of games, an incredible venue and support from some of the largest fighting games organisations in the world, you will not want to miss it! "

General Rules:
• All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified.
• All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed. Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
• Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at a judge’s discretion).
• Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match.
• You must provide your own controller for games played. Converters are the responsibility of the player and ‘Cronus Max’ converters are BANNED.
• All wireless controllers which pair to the XBOX 360 are banned unless they connect via a dongle – for example, the MadCatz controllers are fine. PS3 Wireless controllers are enabled, but must be de-synced at designated stations after competitive play.
• Double blind selection is allowed, but must be arranged with a member of VSFighting Staff.

INJUSTICE WILL BE RUN ON XBOX 360

£200 Prize pot for every game!
50/50 stage pick
Loser picks stage or character

REGISTER HERE: http://www.vsfighting.com/registration/

EDIT: SCHEDULE UPDATED TO INCLUDE MK9 SIDE TOURNEY

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
OK, need to get out of working that weekend. Definitely want to make it to this.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Have the time booked off as of 2 mins ago. I presume I'm going to have to get a converter for my pad now

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
No registration details are confirmed as of yet, but as I said, anything I find out will be updated here.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Just so you all know, pre registration has begun, its on vsfighting.com. its ten pounds per game. NO ON SITE REGISTRATION. You have been warned.

I am registering my shite sh!the raven this eve.

Peace.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
"Regional details are collected to improve seeding and to prevent players playing their peers early on"
Heh, that's funny... I'm fairly sure I'm going to be the only Spanish player there, both in Injustice and USFIv :DOGE.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Okay right now the event is due to be a 2 day thing, with everyone but finals run on saturday and then finished on Sunday, would people prefer it this way or would it be better to run it through completion on saturday?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'm guessing people will prefer it all over the one day due to costs but I can't speak for everyone. I wouldn't mind it over two days just to have a longer time to get more games in with you guys, but i'm being bias as I live a short train ride and a walk away from the venue. Going to register now really excited about this.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I'd prefer two days tbh as if I'm traveling for it might as well make it worth the trip, Also any idea when we'll know what console it's on for definite as I'll need to get a converter for my ps pad if it's run on Xbox?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'm not really that fussed with one or two days, depends on the venue but I kinda doubt we'll get enough entrants to warrant it being two days but if that's the schedule then that's cool.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
To be honest, I prefer two days. I wouldn't mind if it's only one, though.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I have no idea how I can arrange all this with the money I have... :/ train ticket, venue entry, tournament entry, hotel, and most likely food...

edit: AND if it's on ps3, I need an adapter and if not, then a cable to connect to the xbox.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
are there specific times injustice will be starting? If I can get someone from home to drive me there and back might need 'sensible' times depending on who's taking me.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Okay right now the event is due to be a 2 day thing, with everyone but finals run on saturday and then finished on Sunday, would people prefer it this way or would it be better to run it through completion on saturday?
The one day thing would make me more able to enter, but if you need 2 days I'll see what I can do.