What's new

General/Other - Summoner VS Quan Chi bat Vortex training

Matix218

Get over here!
Lbsh, no one is going to block that stuff. With all of the ways the quan player can change it up the odds are drastically in favor of getting hit by the bat vortex. You cant backdash and you cant armor out. So basically like tom said, if you have 70% health and a massive life lead and the quan hits you and has two bars if you cannot break its basically match over just for being hit once

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
should be able to armour out of it at the very least imo. game is still fairly new so seems like it would become more of a problem as time goes on and people get better at nailing it everytime

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lbsh, no one is going to block that stuff. With all of the ways the quan player can change it up the odds are drastically in favor of getting hit by the bat vortex. You cant backdash and you cant armor out. So basically like tom said, if you have 70% health and a massive life lead and the quan hits you and has two bars if you cannot break its basically match over just for being hit once
You can armor out in certain situations, specifically the njp bat setups.

The vortex is still stupid though.

snort

Noob
Oh and one more thing,,, If his vortex is so good and broken then why quan chi didnt win evo? and why everyone didnt play quan instead of boneshaper ? Its so easy to win , just hit someone once and vortex him to death ...
Only quan who placed top was ketchup and he used sorcerer
People say Kung Lao or Raiden are the best chars in the game yet they didn't win evo either. Doesn't mean there not the best chars.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm not sure nerfing the block advantage on rune is the answer.

Sorcerer ane Warlock are variations that exist, after all.

You can delay Quan Chi's overhead, but not cancel it and it leads to a hkd.

Remove the psuedo unblockable, i suppose.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You can always break .. , btw summoner have NO WAKEUPS and worst defense in game . You dont know how to get out of vortex and I dont know how to get out of the corner with him. Getting cornered with quan = match is over. No options for quan player.
Ok bro

I'm not sure nerfing the block advantage on rune is the answer.

Sorcerer ane Warlock are variations that exist, after all.

You can delay Quan Chi's overhead, but not cancel it and it leads to a hkd.

Remove the psuedo unblockable, i suppose.
This, pretty much. Just make it the safe 50/50 that it is, as long as we can actually block it when we read right I'd be cool with it

Just Gonna leave this here...

1. I mentioned all the ways you used to escape the NJP situation. I never said that was unblockable or that you were forced to take it.
2. your pseudo unblockable situation was done much slower then the example I used.
3. My point was the pseudo unblockable situation requires such a huge commitment to escape that all of Quans other options that are normally escapeable now can catch you off guard.
4. I never said he was broken, the best, unbeatable, etc.. I just showed my labbing.
5. Love you too , Dink

I GOT HANDS

Actually, Shujinkydink has changed my mind.

He's fine.

#BuffQuan.
He didn't do the pseudo unblockable tho :S

If the mix up was only at the speed that he posted it, this would be a lot fairer.

The pseudo unblockable is the only thing we both agreed should be changed, so exactly how did a video addressing everything BUT that make you change your mind?

Everytime I think you might be a worthwhile poster, you go ahead and say some borderline retarded, bias as hell shit.

Rude

He didn't do the pseudo unblockable tho :S

If the mix up was only at the speed that he posted it, this would be a lot fairer.

The pseudo unblockable is the only thing we both agreed should be changed, so exactly how did a video addressing everything BUT that make you change your mind?

Everytime I think you might be a worthwhile poster, you go ahead and say some borderline retarded, bias as hell shit.

I'm screwing with you, jack ass.
If they rid him of the "unblockable," fine. I don't even play Summoner much these days.

I also like how the posters you think are worthwhile are the ones who agree with you.

Now who's biased?

#BuffQuan

I GOT HANDS

Oh now you went back and edited your post, because you weren't paying enough attention to realise that he didn't actually counter that point about the pseudo unblockable as everyone is now mentioning, and you've realised you've just jumped on the side of your personal bias at the first opportunity, and edited it to make it seem like you were just making an outlandish buff Quan Chi joke, WHEN THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT YOU WERE ACTUALLY CAMPAIGNING FOR LAST WEEK. lol!

And no, worthwhile posters aren't the ones who agree with me. In fact the best ones are the ones who do and show me how I'm wrong, because then I've just learned something. The worst posters are the ones who just pick a character, throw all logic to the side and just FIND ways to argue towards their own benefit

Rude

Oh now you went back and edited your post, because you weren't paying enough attention to realise that he didn't actually counter that point about the pseudo unblockable as everyone is now mentioning, and you've realised you've just jumped on the side of your personal bias at the first opportunity, and edited it to make it seem like you were just making an outlandish buff Quan Chi joke, WHEN THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT YOU WERE ACTUALLY CAMPAIGNING FOR LAST WEEK. lol!

And no, worthwhile posters aren't the ones who agree with me. In fact the best ones are the ones who do and show me how I'm wrong, because then I've just learned something. The worst posters are the ones who just pick a character, throw all logic to the side and just FIND ways to argue towards their own benefit
I edited the post to more clearly state that I'm kidding.

Also, i advocated ONE buff. A faster poke. Get over yourself.

Keep the pseudo unblockable.
Nerf it. Whatever.

Is that clear enough, or do you want me to use crayons to illustrate it in pictures?

P.S. : Another joke!!! Whatever will your tiny mind do????

I GOT HANDS

Ok alright well my point is that sarcastic humour is extremely hard to pick up over the internet especially when it's not out of character, I'm not saying the poke is undeserved buff I'm just saying that when you make such "buff Quan chi" jokes I can't really recognise them if a week ago you were actually trying to get Quan chi buffed

Such jokes are harder if you can't hear how the person is saying it,mfor example I could read a transcript of Shinks video there and get a completely different idea of what he's saying

Rude

Ok alright well my point is that sarcastic humour is extremely hard to pick up over the internet especially when it's not out of character, I'm not saying the poke is undeserved buff I'm just saying that when you make such "buff Quan chi" jokes I can't really recognise them if a week ago you were actually trying to get Quan chi buffed

Such jokes are harder if you can't hear how the person is saying it,mfor example I could read a transcript of Shinks video there and get a completely different idea of what he's saying
He needs the poke. LBSH.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
can the grounded bat into overhead be timed so that they hit simultaneously?

im loving the lvl up potential in this thread.
It can and thats the danger. in tournament you're trying so hard to make it frame perfect it can hit simultaneously and if that happens your opponent automatically blocks it. they dont have to guess.

1. I mentioned all the ways you used to escape the NJP situation. I never said that was unblockable or that you were forced to take it.
2. your pseudo unblockable situation was done much slower then the example I used.
3. My point was the pseudo unblockable situation requires such a huge commitment to escape that all of Quans other options that are normally escapeable now can catch you off guard.
4. I never said he was broken, the best, unbeatable, etc.. I just showed my labbing.
5. Love you too , Dink

1. You're right. there are lots of ways to escape it. its a 50/50 on what quans gonna do. just like most characters in this game. Shoutouts to Erron Black, Dvorah, Ferra Tor, Shinnok, Sonya Blade, Liu Kang, Ermac, Kotal Kahn, Reptile(yeah i said Reptile), raiden, Tanya, Predator and Cassie.

2. Perhaps. But the trick is wait for the low to hit and just let go of down on the pad. as long as you keep holding block it doesnt matter how fast the follow up is. Having rumble on is a saviour in this MU

3. Yes. See #1. its MKX. Quan has weaknesses though.

4. Twas implied. at least the salt was or a video would not have been made.

5. <3