What's new

Vlad Wins YSB36 w/ Pumped Up Jax! (Sydney, Australia)

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
On the back of Australia's nationals last month (OHN13), this week's turnout was strong with everyone eager to put on a show. Shoutouts to all of the first timers and to those who travelled long distances to make it to the tournament. A particularly impressive showing by Godspeed, who's only recently started attending Sydney locals but is proving to be one of the fastest learners in the community. Also big shoutouts to HaRami for taking 4th place after being overseas for over a month.
YSB_logo_small.png
Results for YSB36 [3-10-2015]
1st: Vlad (Pumped Up Jax/Slasher Jason [Button Check])
2nd: iFat|Gilbagz (Cryomancer Sub-Zero)
3rd: Cabjoy (Kuatan Warrior Goro/Cybernetic Kano)
4th: HaRami (Balanced Kenshi)
5th: Godspeed(Outlaw Erron Black), Ghost Police(Blood God+War God Kotal Kahn/Lackey Ferra Torr)
7th: S2Kev(Ronin Takeda), Coletrain(Piercing Mileena/Spectral 'bullshit' Ermac)
9th: Pepito(Ninjutsu Scorpion), arnolddesu(Spec Ops Cassie/Royal Storm Kitana), Razer Athane(Shirai Ryu Takeda), asiancuntnumber1(Grandmaster Sub-Zero)
13th: jordfrog(Sorceror Quan Chi/Covert Ops Sonya/Full Auto Jaqui), VengeSim(Kuatan Warrior+Tigrar Fury Goro), Nick(Balanced Kenshi), JudgeSim(Wargod Kotal Kahn/Flame Fist Liu Kang)
17th: Chess(Dragon Fire Liu Kang), Spaceghost(HQT Predator), Dimestory(Boneshaper Shinnok), FaYd(Aftershock Tremor), FatalInnocence(Royal Storm Kitana), Hari(Grandmaster Sub-Zero), Goodpart(Cryomancer Sub-Zero)

Stream Archive:
http://www.twitch.tv/goodpart/v/18878459?t=4h57m01s

Full Bracket
http://challonge.com/YSB36MKX

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@Cabjoy

I had no idea that f4 corner combo off of punchwalk was a thing, normally go for unscaled stomp lol. This gives way better oki in the corner, going to be stealing that. Good play!
Yeah it'sreally good damage! Can be a bit tight at first, but once you practice it it'll get much easier. I was still dropping it here a bit so I'd go for the uppercut combo when I wanted to be extra safe.