What's new

Strategy Venom runs out during Super/Clash/Transition but debuff doesn't

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
yeeeeeeeeeeeeep, i know it's probably old news to most of you, but after my sets today against A F0xy Grampa we realised that your venom will run out if you have it active during a super, a clash, or stage transition, but your venom debuff will not be affected, and will run out as normal after it is over.

this feels like some next level bullshit.

edit: can anyone confirm whether this was the case prepatch? it was harder to notice back then as the cooldown time used to be longer, but ever since the decrease it's become incredibly obvious.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Yea, PND_Mustard this was the case pre-patch. I've noticed it since day 1 of Bane. Anytime you have Venom active and any of those occur, it runs out and the debuff is there when the match resumes. In fact, if you watch the Venom tube on the screen when a super connects, you'll notice that it empties, but you still get the damage.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i think debuff goes by the in game timer, and the venom just flat out runs out the moment any of the scenarios is triggered.

just speculation though.

i think debuff goes by the in game timer, and the venom just flat out runs out the moment any of the scenarios is triggered.

just speculation though.
This is true. If you pay really close attention, venom instantly hits debuff no matter how much you had left when initiating a clash. (or at least I noticed it a few times).

Balance?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
This is true. If you pay really close attention, venom instantly hits debuff no matter how much you had left when initiating a clash. (or at least I noticed it a few times).

Balance?
i'm not sure if i agree that it's balanced like this, the opponent can wager you to make you lose venom, but you can't wager your opponent to let your debuff run down.

At least you can't accidentally juice up to the next level when you land a killing blow on the first life bar.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've never looked into this but have always thought it was odd when I get hit into a transition on 1 or 2 debuff, land and am still debuffing. Makes sense now. I hope that they apply a fix as it would make sense if Venom runs out during animations.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
yeeeeeeeeeeeeep, i know it's probably old news to most of you, but after my sets today against A F0xy Grampa we realised that your venom will run out if you have it active during a super, a clash, or stage transition, but your venom debuff will not be affected, and will run out as normal after it is over.

this feels like some next level bullshit.

edit: can anyone confirm whether this was the case prepatch? it was harder to notice back then as the cooldown time used to be longer, but ever since the decrease it's become incredibly obvious.
It is the same prepatch. The damage should stay around until the end of the combo ending with the super/clash/stage transition and the debuff starts fresh and runs for the next few seconds. It kills momentum very hard for no reason other than they thought it was a good idea to cut his stats. Ed Boon and his team are idiots in this regard.

Nobody here should even try to justify and defend this design. No other character on the roster has to deal with it.

I feel for you guys on this one, I mean I knew some characters lost trait after clash but I never thought about how bad bane will suffer, it almost makes you wanna clash on purpose with no intention on regaining health just to maximize your damage. This for sure needs a patch

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I feel for you guys on this one, I mean I knew some characters lost trait after clash but I never thought about how bad bane will suffer, it almost makes you wanna clash on purpose with no intention on regaining health just to maximize your damage. This for sure needs a patch

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol
Yeah... I main Batman and Bane... so I get the least amount of salt with Batman. When you clash he just puts his bats back it doesn't get rid of them. I would say that is really good... but Bane suffers a lot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Meh. Oh well, I was gonna update my bane guide anyways. It's not like we can't simply combo through it or just frame trap for 6 seconds.