So where should we go?

• Peru

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Finland

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
OK, so my wife and I (from Rhode Island, USA) are planning our next vacation. As a caveat, I travel a lot for work, so we are looking for something a bit more intimate and out-of-the-box. So with that in mind, I will lay out our options:

1. Machu Picche, Peru - We are thinking it may be a blast to hike this bad boy and take some godlike pictures. The positives of this place revolve around the fact that the US dollar is a 8-2 matchup to theirs, so I would basically have millionaire status. The cons are the fact that the culture is a bit sketchy, and the wildlife is basically trying to kill you haha. But this all kinda spells adventure right? And we do want out of the box.

2. Glass Igloo + Northern Lights, Finland - So this is more of a wintery getaway. You basically rent a glass igloo (at obscene prices, but pretend money is no object) and spend nights enjoying each others company with the aurora borealis as a backdrop. There are a bunch of other activities that surround this locale: Husky driven safaris into the snowy wonderland, Snowboarding/skiing (again, with that awesome backdrop), and snowmobiling. So this is a bottle of wine with a godlike scenery and daytime adventures.

Bonus material: for those who dont know what the northern lights are, check out the image below

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I gotta go with Finland, as a fellow New Englander I miss the cold right now so much it hurts (sunburns man). That picture is too perfect!

Deftonesrc

Receiving the degree and acquiring the connections are the fastest way to success :p
I promise you the degree alone is enough for you to hit entry level of a minimum of 60K a year. Not to mention that the line of work is just godlike and in demand. I do some BME stuff as well since its very closely related. Can I ask you why you didnt go EE? I mean the difference isnt much, but having an EE provides the foundation for BME. Its not terrible important, just curious as to what your motivation was. Engineering is a recipe for success, so its a win-win for you either way

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I promise you the degree alone is enough for you to hit entry level of a minimum of 60K a year. Not to mention that the line of work is just godlike and in demand. I do some BME stuff as well since its very closely related. Can I ask you why you didnt go EE? I mean the difference isnt much, but having an EE provides the foundation for BME. Its not terrible important, just curious as to what your motivation was. Engineering is a recipe for success, so its a win-win for you either way
I enjoyed EE and was having a great time throughout the semester, but I also loved marine sciences. I figured the best way to get an engineering degree, as well as a marine sciences degree, would be to go into BME. They both require same fundamental courses, so I would be able to graduate on time as well. Basically, it was not being able to graduate without completing something for my love of the sea life, and wanting to graduate on time with an engineering background as well. If I stuck with EE instead of BME, I would've needed to take ~35-40 credits a semester for 4+ semesters if I wanted to graduate on time. (Counting summer/winter courses, as my school only allows a minimal amount of credits for those seasons).

If things don't work out, I have less than 2 years of EE to complete my degree! :)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Both look amazing... My parents were in Peru last week actually amd they loved it! I recommend it specially because Machu Pichu is an unbelievable experience (my parents told me)

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Where are you from good sir? I personally enjoy the winter since I get in on the activities.
Northeastern Mass, Lowell area. I've gone to most of the Game Underground tournaments, did I meet you there? Please come, our scene is slowly drying up! I'm a umass Lowell EE grad, where'd you go?

I love the winter, mostly because of the weather. I never got into most of the snow based activities but I can Ice Skate, and play hockey like a beast!

Hope either choice for the vacation works out, both seem like really cool spots to bond with your wife!

Deftonesrc

Northeastern Mass, Lowell area. I've gone to most of the Game Underground tournaments, did I meet you there? Please come, our scene is slowly drying up! I'm a umass Lowell EE grad, where'd you go?

I love the winter, mostly because of the weather. I never got into most of the snow based activities but I can Ice Skate, and play hockey like a beast!

Hope either choice for the vacation works out, both seem like really cool spots to bond with your wife!
Oh cool! Yeah, I dont know if we've met before. I went to both GUTS and had a good time there. I plan on attending the 3rd one even though i'm terrible at injustice.

I went to the University of Rhode Island. I'm currently working toward the masters degree at a snails pace, but whatevs. My work pays for it so i'm not complaining.

We used to have a nice MK scene in southern new england but a lot of people didnt carry over into injustice. Hope to see you soon man; we can discuss FET performance haha

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Peru seems more old world, relaxing and chill to go along with your adventures. The food variety would be an adventure in and of itself plus learning about Incan culture while you hike and explore equals <3. Cuzco and Lima are probably your best bets since you'll get an awesome taste of old and modernity I'm guessing.

I'm a bit envious because I'm absolutely in love with Peru lol, but aside from Machu Picchu the land scape of Peru is extremely diverse and it's one of the few locales in South America that has a huge indigenous population of that magnitude so that's a huge plus to cultural immersion in my opinion.

Deftonesrc

Peru seems more old world, relaxing and chill to go along with your adventures. The food variety would be an adventure in and of itself plus learning about Incan culture while you hike and explore equals <3. Cuzco and Lima are probably your best bets since you'll get an awesome taste of old and modernity I'm guessing.

I'm a bit envious because I'm absolutely in love with Peru lol, but aside from Machu Picchu the land scape of Peru is extremely diverse and it's one of the few locales in South America that has a huge indigenous population of that magnitude so that's a huge plus to cultural immersion in my opinion.
Wow, thanks for the wonderful insight. Seems you are fairly educated in the matter.

Thanks again sir!