Uses of 21212

Discussion in 'Kung Lao' started by A F0xy Grampa, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ThirdStrikeYun

ThirdStrikeYun Well-Known Member

This is 100% true, if you can perform instant air whiffed dive kicks consistently this combo won't even be too hard.
    CURBOLICOUS likes this.
  2. SunnyD

SunnyD 24 Low Hat!

I'd rather go for consistency than an extra 3% damage.
  3. ThirdStrikeYun

its more than 3%. I would still use the normal combo after 21, but 21212 can get a real damage boost if you use the dive kick combo.
  4. ThirdStrikeYun

foxy, just asking, what kind of jump do you use for the second dive kick? its easier for me to connect the dive kick if I just do a neutral jump instant air dive kick but I can't seem to connect the 24 as easily as with a forward jump instant air dive kick.
  5. NogunYesknife

NogunYesknife Well-Known Member

DK DK DK is connectable midscreen too, if you're opponent is in the air already.
  6. A F0xy Grampa

A F0xy Grampa Nerf Demander Premium Supporter

Just practice, then it comes consistent
  7. xInfra Deadx

xInfra Deadx Someone needs a hug.

Getting your meter back...and if you're ballsy, either 1, 2 or ground hat.
  8. Treadmill

Treadmill Well-Known Member

Yeah I just started doing this combo last night and I'm already nailing it like 80% of the time. Unless I go right to left haha, then its like 50%. Anyone else have combos that are harder going other directions?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
  9. ThirdStrikeYun

just practice everything on both sides from the start, when you notice you have a weaker side, start working on that side exclusively for half an hour and continue with practicing on both sides. you should do fine after that.
  10. Hellion_96

Hellion_96 xX_Hellion96_Xx

I was playing a Sonya player and i did this string at the same time the sonya player did a eh cartwheel and i beat it out how many hit can her armor take?
  11. Bildslash

Bildslash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Bild-Slash
    If I'm not mistaken Sonya only has armor during the startup of Cartwheel. She beats most other attacks with it because by the time you would hit her again she hits you first.

My guess is that since KL's string is like a machine gun, you managed to hit her as soon as her armor ended.
    Hellion_96 likes this.
  12. ThirdStrikeYun

thats weird, did u use 1121 or 2121? she has armor on startup thats why it is punishable with a neutral jump punch, its not safe if it whiffs.
  13. Hellion_96

Hellion_96 xX_Hellion96_Xx

i did 21212 at the same time as the eh cartwheel but it wasnt on wake up so she didnt have the wake up frames. Possible new tech if you read a eh cartwheel?
  14. ThirdStrikeYun

maybe it wasnt at point blank? what im trying to say is, maybe the armor already wore off when it connected with your attack.