What's new

USA vs the World at EVO 2012 [We need a team]

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Dude.. I don't mean to insult those players.. but saying that is an insult to EU players. You should probably wait to see the result of their best and our best before you make such a judgement.
It's not an insult to the EU players. I believe those players i listed are great players and could contend with the best of them. I personally think it would be more entertaining than watching an OCV or almost OCV like the 5 v 5 we had at FR.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So you are telling me you can't book a flight 6 weeks in advance. Last time i checked you can book a flight and hotel within 6 weeks.
Yeah, but when you consider the increase of prices as well as the timespan you have to plan it (missing work/school), since overseas trips would require you need to factor it at least another day for travel, it changes things. MLG is NOT bigger than Evo, I wouldn't even expect some top Japanese players to compete for big money if it was only announced a few weeks in advance.

Also, as for Maxter's Stryker, you have to consider the fact that he uses him as a utility character. I think he's one of the best simply because he's one of the only who have used him at a high level, but I don't think you should say someone's the best when they're rarely using this character. Like, I wouldn't say Chris G's Noob is better than Flawedzilla, because even if he's had more exposure with him, it's only for certain matchups.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
EDIT: I'm redoing it because the layout got messed up

Team USA:
vVv REO
vVv CDJr
EMP Perfect Legend
KN DetroitBallin313
KN Crazy Dominican (or VSM Maxter or Pig of the Hut)

Team World(or EU):
Used4Glue
A F0xy Grampa
Mustard LK4D4
Ketchup (Insert Sektor's Lin Kuei code sorry for my lack of knowledge)
Metzos13 (or LaD_Lurker)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Yeah, but when you consider the increase of prices as well as the timespan you have to plan it (missing work/school), since overseas trips would require you need to factor it at least another day for travel, it changes things. MLG is NOT bigger than Evo, I wouldn't even expect some top Japanese players to compete for big money if it was only announced a few weeks in advance.
I understand what you are saying revolver. I was just saying we've never seen money like this for MK9 and by MLG picking MK9 up it gives it legs (as long as there is a good showing.) It's so important to support this and i know it's a big inconvenience only having 6 weeks but it's possible we never see this much money in mk9 again. Top 8 paid out and that much money for eighth place???

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It's so important to support this and i know it's a big inconvenience only having 6 weeks but it's possible we never see this much money in mk9 again. Top 8 paid out and that much money for eight place???
It's important to support it but we don't need to expect people to fly overseas for it. You have to realize too that the European players aren't planning a trip to Evo just for money, it's to beat us. REO went to that MLG event the same day as Summer Jam and barely anyone paid attention to it because Summer Jam mattered more.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
True but this is different. Reo, CD, CD Jr, Maxter, Hito, Swift Tom hanks, Forever King, Curbolicious, Crawling Shadow, Death, Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, Sabin, and plenty more top players are going. PL vs. CD Jr, or rematch with Reo?? With all that money on the line...Shit is going to be REAL hype. Let's not forget this is like twice the amount of money as EVO was last year.

ps.. i'm going too.:D

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Also, as for Maxter's Stryker, you have to consider the fact that he uses him as a utility character. I think he's one of the best simply because he's one of the only who have used him at a high level, but I don't think you should say someone's the best when they're rarely using this character. Like, I wouldn't say Chris G's Noob is better than Flawedzilla, because even if he's had more exposure with him, it's only for certain matchups.
For the record flawedzilla is much much better noob

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
True but this is different. Reo, CD, CD Jr, Maxter, Hito, Swift Tom hanks, Forever King, Curbolicious, Crawling Shadow, Death, Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, Sabin, and plenty more top players are going. PL vs. CD Jr, or rematch with Reo??
Yeah, but Evo's going to have all that and more. Time and money, it's all it is. If they could go I'm sure they could. Even if MLG was announced earlier, those guys would still probably have to pick one of the two to go to, and I'd usually expect that to be Evo.

I have no problems representing Team US in a 5 on 5, I just don't want such a top teir carded event to just be done anywhere. If it's done at MLG (and it doesn't have to be Ohio) it will get more exposure and do so much more for the Mortal Kombat Fighting Game scene than it would be to do it in a community event.

Lord knows you can't do something like that at a Final Round, CEO, ECT, SB or any Major in the US because the Capcom games will not allow room for those games to get any "Special" burn. We'll be able to host it on a "Separate" stream on the side....but as a "FEATURE", not happening. Oh and let's not even talk about EVO.

If you guys are up for anything to help push the MK scene industry wise or professionally, I'm all for it. If its community base, you'll find me right here making some post, a couple of videos and some cameo appearance if I just happen to be in the area. That may sound snobbish to a lot of you but my concern is the development of the scene and in order for our community to survive I have to work towards its future and that requires $$$. Love makes us play the game, but money brings the people out to compete. Any other view point from that means your clearly dillusional.

Oh...another thing, I'm EMPIRE, so please don't forget to put EMP next to my name just like you put vVv or VSM next to anyone else name. Thank you.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
This thread is funny... Anyway i really doubt that we are going to see this 5 vs 5 unless UFG, Foxy, the robo bros and 1 more goes to EVO. From what i can say about the Greek players, at least, none of us is planning to travel to the US. I really wish good luck to any EU player goes to EVO and compete. The EU MK scene has a very strong and competitive scene also, which can be compared to the US scene in terms of high lvl gameplay, and please dont say otherwise cause you know i m right. Someone said once to me that its entirely different to watch a video of a player and entirely different to play against that player and that is fully correct. So say what you have to say after this thing goes down.
I don't see how you can say that the EU scene is comparable to the US scene. There are far fewer high level players in Europe than in the US. I am not doubting the ability of the players there, but the fact is that the scene is much smaller. The messed up thing is that if none you ever travel, we will never know if The EU can compete.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lord knows you can't do something like that at a Final Round, CEO, ECT, SB or any Major in the US because the Capcom games will not allow room for those games to get any "Special" burn. We'll be able to host it on a "Separate" stream on the side....but as a "FEATURE", not happening. Oh and let's not even talk about EVO.
What makes you think MLG would showcase a 5v5 like this on a main stream or live feature?

AC1984

Kaballin!
AC, I like your playing, and I have no problem with you what so ever, but you have a real bee in your bonnet about something when I post, and I have no idea what it is. You reply to my posts as If I am openly attacking you or your allies, and that really isn't the case. I don't get you at all sometimes.
I do not have any bee man, its all good. I'm not attacking you or anything...Its just that you and Foxy act like you've dissected MK and know the game in and out...Its funny how confident you are considering the fact that you don't have that many players to play against. ( Pls don't even mention online) In this particular thread I didn't like the comment for CD jr. He's a true beast and imo he is top of the top. He is also fortunate enough to practice against the best in the US. people calling him overrated and shit is so ignorant. I hope you and Foxy go to EVO and back up everything you say. Then, talk all you want....Especially Foxy, I cant wait to see him beating REO's Kabal by "mashing."

Don't take it the wrong way, no beef no attacks....just discussion. :) peace