What's new

USA vs the World at EVO 2012 [We need a team]

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Yeah but you have one of the best smokes in the US
STH has THE best sektor.
Ac1984 has the second best Kabal
Death has the best mileena and a great Sonya.
Sabin has the best reptile.

That is way more than mid-tier to me. It's enough to win the 5v5. The US is incredibly deep in MK talent.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well everyone else has made their plans in 6 weeks.
Who's "everyone"? It seems like a lot of prominent players are still iffy. It probably won't have the turn out of FR. I live within driving distance and I'm still not sure if I can come because the notice was so short.

MLG is not as prestigious as EVO anyway. We spent a year telling these guys they need to come to EVO in July, we cannot expect them to suddenly drop those plans and come to MLG.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
STH has THE best sektor.

That is way more than mid-tier to me. It's enough to win the 5v5. The US is incredibly deep in MK talent.
How much do you know about the twins, glue and Foxy to say all this with such confidence?

UK/EU has nothing to lose because you guys already think it's a blowout. Only PL has said good things about our players. I am looking forward toseeing this 5v5 so much at this point. I just hope it goes ahead.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
How much do you know about the twins, glue and Foxy to say all this with such confidence?

UK/EU has nothing to lose because you guys already think it's a blowout. Only PL has said good things about our players. I am looking forward toseeing this 5v5 so much at this point. I just hope it goes ahead.
They are all great players. Foxy is really great but just going by what i've seen, I made that post.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
STH has THE best sektor.

Alright. Honestly, some of this is subjective or ignorant. STH is NOT the unopposed best Sektor in the USA, and has yet to get top 8 in a major. AC1984 being the 2nd best Kabal removes a ton of credit from Master D and Michaelangelo (not sure if he still uses Kabal, but you can't deny what he accomplished with him before). Sabin being the best Reptile is VERY disputable as well. Chris G has always placed better than him and some (including me) think CitizenSnips is the best Reptile. I don't know why you're making a team without top 3 placers.

Also, Project: ALICE , why are almost all of your posts on TYM about tom brady?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Alright. Honestly, some of this is subjective or ignorant. STH is NOT the unopposed best Sektor in the USA, and has yet to get top 8 in a major. AC1984 being the 2nd best Kabal removes a ton of credit from Master D and Michaelangelo (not sure if he still uses Kabal, but you can't deny what he accomplished with him before). Sabin being the best Reptile is VERY disputable as well. Chris G has always placed better than him and some (including me) think CitizenSnips is the best Reptile.
dude it's not ignorant it's opinion, just like yours is an opinion.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Personally I really like the idea of top 5 USA placers at evo vs top 5 Non-USA placers. Or north america vs rest of world, either way canadian players should get a chance.

Other than that, Krayzies idea of regional qualifiers so that all the big US scenes are repped would be good.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can't do a 5 on 5 after the EVO tournament. Everyone will be tired and disorganized. It will not happen then. It also won't happen if you do it on pools day. For it to happen it should be on the Friday or Saturday that doesn't have pools and a set time agreed to far in advance.

I should be the promotor of this 5 on 5.

LEGEND

YES!
If PL doesn't want to do it (i'm not saying he doesn't.) then IMO the team should be this...

CD Jr (Jax / Smoke)
CD (Kitana)
Maxter (Cage, Cyrax, Raiden, Strkyer)
Reo(Kabal)
Pig of the hut(Kenshi, Mileena.)

In here you have the best Jax in the US, arguably the best smoke, the best kitana, the best cage, cyrax, and strkyer. The best Kabal and IMO the best Kenshi.)

That will not be beat, it won't even be close. An OCV is most likely.
saying Maxter is the best stryker literally made me spit out my drink in laughter, no offense to Maxter but that statement was dumb

(not that i think this) : stuff like that is why some people think VSM and the east coast have their heads up their ass

gdf

Noob
(not that i think this) : stuff like that is why some people think VSM and the east coast have their heads up their ass
It's because other people say stuff in proxy for the players, while the players do nothing but play the game.
I don't think there has been one time where a player from the east coast has given their opinion without being prodded for it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This thread is funny... Anyway i really doubt that we are going to see this 5 vs 5 unless UFG, Foxy, the robo bros and 1 more goes to EVO. From what i can say about the Greek players, at least, none of us is planning to travel to the US. I really wish good luck to any EU player goes to EVO and compete. The EU MK scene has a very strong and competitive scene also, which can be compared to the US scene in terms of high lvl gameplay, and please dont say otherwise cause you know i m right. Someone said once to me that its entirely different to watch a video of a player and entirely different to play against that player and that is fully correct. So say what you have to say after this thing goes down.

World Championship 3 months after the game's release. Point is, one tournament held when the game was brand new is not an indicator as to who the best in the world is. I only used KL as an example of how much the game has changed. If you look at REO's match with him, he got caught by that low hat shenanigans a lot. That wouldn't fly nowadays....because it doesn't exist in that form.

Mind you, I'm not underestimating PL's skills. He's shown he's an amazing player. But I'm sick of people claiming he's the best in the world due to one tournament. We'll see what he's made of in MLG.

Anywho, this isn't the thread for this. If anyone wants to discuss this further, PM me.
Just to let you know because a lot of people don't know. The reason REO kept "falling" for low hat like that is because he wasn't blocking and was trying to xray through it. But its frame tight that is why his xray came out after he finally blocked it. 24 low hat is very blockable also he played with Tom and had a lot of kung lao practice leading up to that event and Tom emulated my strats to a certain extent so its not like he didn't know about it. Also keep in mind I had no Mileena practice at all prior to EVO. Big reason why I almost lost to Devil Jim and again Reo, but I adapted....

Anyway hope to see you all at MLG soon!

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Just to let you know because a lot of people don't know. The reason REO kept "falling" for low hat like that is because he wasn't blocking and was trying to xray through it. But its frame tight that is why his xray came out after he finally blocked it. 24 low hat is very blockable also he played with Tom and had a lot of kung lao practice leading up to that event and Tom emulated my strats to a certain extent so its not like he didn't know about it. Also keep in mind I had no Mileena practice at all prior to EVO. Big reason why I almost lost to Devil Jim and again Reo, but I adapted....

Anyway hope to see you all at MLG soon!
Okay, man. Just so you know, I do wish you luck at MLG. Your presence alone is going to make that hyped as hell. But you have to understand where I'm coming from with the EVO thing. Not saying you're a fraud or that you won with a broken character or anything, just that one tournament in the game's early stages isn't an indication as to who the best in the WORLD is as of now. It'd actually be pretty awesome to see you blow up the competition in your next tourney. lol.