What's new

USA vs the World at EVO 2012 [We need a team]

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
A CDJr. vs FoxyGrampa is a match I really want to see.

My picks
1. CDJr
2. REO
3. Perfect Legend
4. DetroitBalln
5. Pig

you guys should look at the characters the players use also. Jax vs Cage/Sonya is potentially a bad match for Jax. you do realize that if team USA loses, you guys will never hear the end of it from us "euro trash" over here.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol @ people who doubt and underestimate. Hella funny
$20 on PL declining an invitation for USA vs the world. He is not community minded at all.

Maxter=most knowledgeable MK player out there and super nice guy (cyrax/cage)
Pig=MK community god father(kenshi/mileena)
Detroit=pure skill and great guy(Shang plus roster...lol)
Reo=best character in game plus fastest hands and ungodly reading ability(kabal)
CDjr=killer with AMAIZING knowledge and is battle tested(jax/smoke)

Alt is kitana players
1)CD
2)OSU
3)Mr.Mil
Extra alt
4)death

PL just has to big an ego to fit on ANY team. These are my votes and I think the community will agree.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I think we all got the basic idea of Team USA at EVO...lol
CDjr
REO
CRAZY DOMINICAN
_____
_____
WHO IT GONNA BE?!?!!?

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
you guys should look at the characters the players use also. Jax vs Cage/Sonya is potentially a bad match for Jax. you do realize that if team USA loses, you guys will never hear the end of it from us "euro trash" over here.
Im from the Philippines so I wont mind lol

mekane

Noob
back to the topic.. yes tom was a top 8 placer at almost every major until guys like you made him think thats an embarrassment, so he started character hoping. he's back on sub now, as sub-zero, YES he is a consistent top 8 finisher.
i don't think there were any characters he could have used at FR to be in the top 8. the competition was just too strong. i don't think he was even one of the top 16 players there.

i don't think there were any characters he could have used at FR to be in the top 8. the competition was just too strong. i don't think he was even one of the top 16 players there.
so what you are basically saying is that tom only gets top 8 when the competition is weak? when its strong he cant do it? he's done?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I agree, these polls will just be a popularity contest. I mean I come up with REO, detroit, PL and after that there is just too much talent to pick 2 more. And team world will be hard cause everyone will rally off 5 EU players and ignore canada and south america. It should be USA vs EU vs Canada (andd maybe South america if they can get enough).
If for some reason the voting system works, and those are the best players to represent the U.S., then I don't think they would have a problem winning a qualifier, am I right?

We have enough amazing organizers here in the U.S. to be able to set this up. EGP grabs a lot of players on our Regional Monthlies, and I'm sure other places can as well. The reason this can work is because those who really want to qualify will show up to the event, and if they win, not only will they show how good they are in their region, but how dedicated to go to Evo they are for showing up to it in the first place.

Jr can use more than one character. Same thing with Foxy. Not saying either would, but they could definitely choose from their pool of characters.

right - when so many of the best players in the country come to a major like we saw with FR, i don't see tom placing top 8.
if this is true then he should NOT be considered a top player, only someone who benefits from attending majors with weak competition.

i am not in the loop as much as some of you other guys. if this is the kind of player that tom is then i seriously need to re-evaluate my opinion here. someone who seeks out weaker competition to gain top 8 accolades surely does not deserve to be on this team or even considered a top player.

now i think i understand why he gets trolled so much. hes a fraud, he basically "pads his stats" by seeing out weak competitions. suddenly i don't feel so bad for all the trolling e gets lol.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
if this is true then he should NOT be considered a top player, only someone who benefits from attending majors with weak competition.

i am not in the loop as much as some of you other guys. if this is the kind of player that tom is then i seriously need to re-evaluate my opinion here. someone who seeks out weaker competition to gain top 8 accolades surely does not deserve to be on this team or even considered a top player.

now i think i understand why he gets trolled so much. hes a fraud, he basically "pads his stats" by seeing out weak competitions. suddenly i don't feel so bad for all the trolling e gets lol.
What on earth are you talking about?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
what? do you not see what mekane wrote? how can you guys possily vote for a guy who only appears top because of a weaker playing field. I now agree, no way should someone who can't place top with strong players in attendence play in this 5v5.
I didn't suggest Tom in my list of 5 although he should definitely be considered a top player based pn past performances at tournaments. He's up there. Your post was just nonsense. How can you say he seeks to "pad his stats" against weak opposition when the guy was at a tournament like FR?

Tom would be a good team captain figure. He'd be the best "brains behind the operation" a US team could have, in my opinion. Maybe he should be in the team of 5 for those qualities.

what needs to happen is

1. select a team captain and get him to select a team

2. select all the top candidates, then make a voting thread and have the 5 players with the most votes on the team

salvificblood Alice was kinda just agreeing with mekane. that was the guy who's point is that I can only place top in tourneys with weak players and cant place top at an event that has other top players. IDC what ppl like him think, they just make me LOL

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Ok, so I read this WHOLE 6 pages, so not to look ignorant, and didnt see kamikaze at all.. What the fuck? Hes so proven! He was ranked like 12th at one point on psns ranked mode, he plays the game still, he uses one character(that is many..... Think bout that shit), he responds to all comments and made a twitter... He has placed at every tournament hes held. He lives in the US, not jus the US but nor cal (which is the most united of all states) and he still plays the game!

From this post forward I will be campaigning to get kamikaze on the official US team. And not only that, he will be comprising a team of his own (The Kammunists) to take on the winner of the Us vs world team. He has already contacted top players to be on his team (check your inboxes and reply please..)

All for one! And one for Many!

So its really a US vs World
REO (north east)
Pig (south east if I remember correctly)
Osu 16 bit (Mid west, and if he's not there i will lose it)
Tyrant (Cal)
Tom Brady (Wouldn't be right without him)

3 people that just have to be on the team

CDjr, REO and CD

these guys have proven themselves as some of the best players in this game.

The other 2 can go to Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, Maxter, 16 bit, Pig of the Hut

mekane

Noob
3 people that just have to be on the team

CDjr, REO and CD

these guys have proven themselves as some of the best players in this game.

The other 2 can go to Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, Maxter, 16 bit, Pig of the Hut
I think Detroit has to at least be in that 2nd grouping, maybe even the 1st.

what exactly are the qualifications here? some ppl mentioned have only attended like 2 majors. yes they placed top 8, but that being the case, i could have stopped attending tourneys after 2 or 3 majors. so what if one of these guys goes to the next 2 majors and gets 9th? off the team? not top anymore lol? i think this community is waaaaaay to fickle and flip floppy to actually vote because their vote will change after almost every major.

just get a captain and have him select a team.