What's new

USA vs the World at EVO 2012 [We need a team]

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
So team world doesn't include Canada? no? Okay, cool. We'll just fling our 1$ and 2$ coins at you as you play....
How many times do I have to remind you Canadians, Canada is just a small town and not recognized as a country by the rest of the world! I look at the cover of a maple syrup bottle and I think to myself...Canada, been there done that.

Yes I'm just kidding...Don't choke on your poontang.

...Because if the whole team is European and there are readily available representatives from Canada, why would it be team "world"?
lol wtf, are the Europeans gunna sue you or something if you don't call it that? Why dont we stay consistent and call it Vs "the world" like all 5 v 5s in other games. Even they call it vs the world even if all of the team is from one country.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
4 of the 5 are already from the UK, it isn't even a European lineup at this stage. One of the Greeks need to go for it to be a European lineup. Either that or a fifth from the UK goes and it's US vs UK. It's not US vs the world by any means.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
4 of the 5 are already from the UK, it isn't even a European lineup at this stage. One of the Greeks need to go for it to be a European lineup. Either that or a fifth from the UK goes and it's US vs UK. It's not US vs the world by any means.
If the EU 5 was Me, Foxy, Mustard, Ketchup and a European 5th, then it isn't even close to a EU team, and even further from the fact, TEAM WORLD.

mekane

Noob
Thats your opinion of what you believe me and FOxy to be, and thats fine, but your putting words in my mouth, and not once did I say, or could you quote that I thought he (CDjr) was overrated. I think CDjr is a good player, that should be obvious by now.

The thread was asking for USA's team for the 5v5, I gave my opinion, and It didn't include CDjr, it also didn't include around 15 other eligible great players, but you didn't mention them, just CDjr, and all I simply wanted was Pig Of The Hut instead.

Remember, the only reason I mentioned CDjr, was because someone brought it up to me first, with ''why not CDjr'', otherwise I would never have started making comparisons the way you and that others have, I just simply made a pragmatical personal choice. Nothing more.

Has that cleared everything up for you now?
you've explained yoruself but i still think its crazy... CD Jr could potentially OCV any 5 man team himself. He should be the favorite IMO to win MLG.

Altaire

Noob
lol wtf, are the Europeans gunna sue you or something if you don't call it that? Why dont we stay consistent and call it Vs "the world" like all 5 v 5s in other games. Even they call it vs the world even if all of the team is from one country.
Why are you such a bad poster?

First off, when Tekken players would have an exhibition between American and Korean players, they wouldn't call it "Team US vs. Team World". When SF players have exhibitions between American and Japanese players, they don't call it "Team US vs. Team World". The entire point being made is that if you're going to have a team of strictly American players against a team of strictly European players, then just call it US vs. EU, because that still leaves the floor open for a Canada vs. America or Canada vs. Europe exhibition.

I don't want Europe representing the Canadian scene by playing under the name of "the world". I'm sure Europe wouldn't want us representing them under that name, either. We deserve a chance to represent ourselves, and so do they.

gdf

Noob
salvificblood and Altaire are saying what I was too chicken-shit to say.
I would be nice to see an ETC on the world list... *kicks random pebble*

I'm not saying you guys should get someone from New Zealand (an example, so don't even) to go for Team World who is just god-awful at the game, just because he came to EVO and didn't come from Europe.
It would just be nice to have team world diversified is all. Obviously there would have to be an unofficial "best" of every region/country to represent their region/nation, but remember this is all in good fun.

If Team World wins it doesn't mean that Tom is terrible, and we should never ask for advice from Tom again. And if Team USA wins, that doesn't mean that the ideas of players not included into the Team World list should be ignored.

tl;dr. Diversify team world please, don't take it personally, and everyone's opinion matters when it comes to this game. (Okay, not everyone, but use some common sense here) This is all in good fun, it is a video game, treat it like one.

Unless of course I totally missed my mark, and this is serious to the nth degree and should not be taken lightly. In that case, I take everything back.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
salvificblood and Altaire are saying what I was too chicken-shit to say.
I would be nice to see an ETC on the world list... *kicks random pebble*

I'm not saying you guys should get someone from New Zealand (an example, so don't even) to go for Team World who is just god-awful at the game, just because he came to EVO and didn't come from Europe.
It would just be nice to have team world diversified is all. Obviously there would have to be an unofficial "best" of every region/country to represent their region/nation, but remember this is all in good fun.

If Team World wins it doesn't mean that Tom is terrible, and we should never ask for advice from Tom again. And if Team USA wins, that doesn't mean that the ideas of players not included into the Team World list should be ignored.

tl;dr. Diversify team world please, don't take it personally, and everyone's opinion matters when it comes to this game. (Okay, not everyone, but use some common sense here) This is all in good fun, it is a video game, treat it like one.

Unless of course I totally missed my mark, and this is serious to the nth degree and should not be taken lightly. In that case, I take everything back.
You missed the mark because this is a battle of death, war and blood

:)

Reactions: gdf

UsedForGlue

you've explained yoruself but i still think its crazy... CD Jr could potentially OCV any 5 man team himself. He should be the favorite IMO to win MLG.
Thats your opinion. Do you understand how this works? lol. You like CDjr better than Pig, I don't. Lets me best friends. :)

UsedForGlue

I don't want Europe representing the Canadian scene by playing under the name of "the world". I'm sure Europe wouldn't want us representing them under that name, either. We deserve a chance to represent ourselves, and so do they.
Agreed.

There has to be separate teams.

Team USA
Team Greece
Team UK
Team Canada

It can't be Team USA vs 4 Uk players and a Greek, and then called Team World on behalf of everyone else.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Aaaron fuckin Aarnz man, Reo just trolled the whole community without anyone even noticing it.

USA knows who the top players are, they are all friends and shingdig and what not, EU knows who the top players are yada yada yada....

I'm to lazy, but you know where this is going...

UsedForGlue

I know Altaire, Dink , JimmyPotato , TAC , NeoRussel(turns out this guy is an SC player lol) , WinterWarz , Zaf , Jer , Death

But I don't think they'll be able to compete against Team US nor EU.No offense.I live in Canada too.
So i know three solid Canadian players, Dink, Death, Altaire. Thats a good base for the 5 for canada. I am sure they will have a great team aswell as everyone else.

It would be silly to, nor would I ever under estimate THE 5 BEST PLAYERS ANY COUNTRY. Il never be that stupid.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So i know three solid Canadian players, Dink, Death, Altaire. Thats a good base for the 5 for canada. I am sure they will have a great team aswell as everyone else.

It would be silly to, nor would I ever under estimate THE 5 BEST PLAYERS ANY COUNTRY. Il never be that stupid.
It's not really underestimating because Canada competes a lot in US tournies and the results are there.

Altaire

Noob

Winter Warz is a phenomenal Cyrax player. He'd be one of my first picks.

Ideally, I'd have to pull from one of the following players: Death, Neo Russell, Winter Warz, Shady, Playpal. If Merlando still plays at all, he'd be in there as well. I'd certainly like to throw my name in the hat for either Skarlet or Cyber Sub, but I guess we'll see how Evo shapes up.

Why are you such a bad poster?

First off, when Tekken players would have an exhibition between American and Korean players, they wouldn't call it "Team US vs. Team World". When SF players have exhibitions between American and Japanese players, they don't call it "Team US vs. Team World". The entire point being made is that if you're going to have a team of strictly American players against a team of strictly European players, then just call it US vs. EU, because that still leaves the floor open for a Canada vs. America or Canada vs. Europe exhibition.

I still don't under stand why doing that makes it politically correct? Isn't Europe part of the world lol?