What's new

(UPDATED WITH FOOTAGE!) AK/EMPR Pig of the Hut wins The Scraps #17

For the 17th Scraps tournament, the Georgia Tech Campus was defeated before the tournament started. 9 people were present for this scraps, @AK/RM GamerBlake would unveil his Man of Steel and @AK SaltFace would play Doomsday throughout the entire tournament!

The Dream Sword almost shone brilliantly tonight, only for Pig of the Hut to shatter his son's dream with the swiftness of his Zod, thus adding another victory to Pig's staggering streak! Congrats to him for holding it down in Atlanta!

---top 3---
1. AK Pig of the Hut
2. AK Dream Sword
3. AK Saltface

full results: http://ags.challonge.com/injusticescraps17
twitch archives: http://www.twitch.tv/atlgamersociety/profile/pastBroadcasts
matches will be uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEVXDoD3noAXCL6IsTmzOcA/videos later this week

footage:

Last edited:

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Funny, i never root against piggy, but i found myself doin it this time. Raven man props to pig for winning, and flesh sword for the incredible dirty raven play.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
At least you can make top 3 :( i got third once.....haha
True; your scene is stronger than mine though (But I am struggling to change that).

Also considering I see the top 2 are characters without wakeups, how much does that affect their gameplay? Are you guys messing Raven and Zod up on knockdown? Does it hurt them all that much or not really? I know I molest the local Zod and Raven players on knockdown, but they are not quite at Pig/Dream Sword level which is why I am wondering.

True; your scene is stronger than mine though (But I am struggling to change that).

Also considering I see the top 2 are characters without wakeups, how much does that affect their gameplay? Are you guys messing Raven and Zod up on knockdown? Does it hurt them all that much or not really? I know I molest the local Zod and Raven players on knockdown, but they are not quite at Pig/Dream Sword level which is why I am wondering.
I do from time to time but dream sword and pig work way harder than i do. They'll always be like 4 steps ahead of me lol

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This is the second consecutive Scraps in which the following two scenarios happened:

1. @AK elitegoomba sent me to Loser's in Round 1, only this time it was with Lobo. The first time, he did so with Wonder Woman. :(

2. @AK Trepound380 eliminated me with Hawkgirl again.

And on top of that, I've realized that I am terrible with finishing my combos in the heat of the matches, especially in critical moments. In practice mode, I have no problem, but in matches? I'm screwed. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing or whether I'm having a good or bad day, my combos somehow find a way to drop. I've had a known history for losing matches due to this tendency...it stems from my trash-ass resume with MK9.

Not a good evening for me. I'm not gonna bother rewatching the footage because I know what my reactions will be.

P.S. Congrats to @AK Pig Of The Hut for holding it down like the boss he is.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
This is the second consecutive Scraps in which the following two scenarios happened:

1. @AK elitegoomba sent me to Loser's in Round 1, only this time it was with Lobo. The first time, he did so with Wonder Woman. :(

2. @AK Trepound380 eliminated me with Hawkgirl again.

And on top of that, I've realized that I am terrible with finishing my combos in the heat of the matches, especially in critical moments. In practice mode, I have no problem, but in matches? I'm screwed. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing or whether I'm having a good or bad day, my combos somehow find a way to drop. I've had a known history for losing matches due to this tendency...it stems from my trash-ass resume with MK9.

Not a good evening for me. I'm not gonna bother rewatching the footage because I know what my reactions will be.

P.S. Congrats to @AK Pig Of The Hut for holding it down like the boss he is.
We share the same issues then.

A large part of it (At least for me) may stem from either getting overly excited when you get the hit and rush the combo, or getting too frustrated when you drop something and it makes you play exponentially worse.
I don't know if this is your problem too, but if it is, the answer is to relax.
And oh yeah, I know it's easier said than done... Still struggling with it myself.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We share the same issues then.

A large part of it (At least for me) may stem from either getting overly excited when you get the hit and rush the combo, or getting too frustrated when you drop something and it makes you play exponentially worse.
I don't know if this is your problem too, but if it is, the answer is to relax.
And oh yeah, I know it's easier said than done... Still struggling with it myself.
Relax and I do not belong in the same sentence.

When I fuck up in a match, I'm always gonna get pissed, especially if it costs me the game. I somehow make the easiest stuff look like the hardest to do and that's just downright embarrassing. Come on. -______-

On that note, I'm going to bed before my salt spills over into more posts. But first, this needs promotion.

*gets to work*

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Haha, I understand. I am the same way, but being aware of the problem is the first step to improving on it.
I'm *Starting* to get better about it, but it's still something I struggle with.
I have occasionally done clashes for the express purpose of doing breathing exercises to calm down mid-match.