What's new

[Updated w/ Sweepstakes!] Injustice Mobile adding 'Multiplayer' and 'New Skins'! Trailer Inside!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
#SmartPhoneMasterRace
the game is not bad for what it is, a smart phone game.
sinestro mains wanted the GL skin, they got it. see NRS listens l0l

E

Eldriken

It's a great model when it's not pay to win. I've happily spent 60 bucks on Warframe, and I'd happily spend another 60 because I enjoy the game and would love to support the devs.
Can't blame you. It's an awesome game and worth supporting the devs over.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I agree GO is garbage, way too much satire not enough action like in the original. Same reason I stopped watching that new Spider-Man cartoon.
It just disappoints me that they would go from something great, with a good plot mixed in with komedy, to something generic like GO. If it's either GO or no Teen Titans then I would rather not have Teen Titans at all. At least that way we kould tell people "yo watch Teen Titans, show is good!" and not have them get kompletely turned off by the atrocity of GO when they go look it up.

Inevpatoria

Grandmaster of the Close-Mouthed Yawn
Why the fuck is the mobile version getting a Batman Returns Catwoman skin and not the full game?
It's just a reflection of the business model. It isn't marketed the same way the console game is, it reaches a wider install base, and is free to play. But once you start playing, the game throttles your progress with a rather lengthy cooldown timer, and only frugally rewards play with the currency needed to buy more characters or power-ups.

The game's first move is to hook people. Those people can be DC fans, fighting game fans, people looking to kill time on their daily transit. Whatever. It wants to snag them by being simple to play, and it flashes the high-end rewards in front of that person's face out of the gate to give the player something to work for. Something that's not too out of reach.

And then, once the person puts enough time in and gets impatient, the game politely offers a shortcut. A workaround. Pay two bucks. Get that Doomsday. Or that Superman. Or level up your characters the way you want. Some cards are only available via a separate currency that you can't get without paying cash money. The game deliberately makes its ladder modes just long enough that you can't complete them in one sitting. It's a subtle way to make the player walk away feeling like something is unfinished. Just so they'll pay that cash to finish the job.

Basically. The model has made and continues to make dollars. Lots of dollars. And the profit margin continues to stretch. They've long since recouped the production costs to make the game itself. Because it creates revenue so consistently, it's small potatoes to reskin a character whose moves you've already designed, and to tweak the sliders of that character's damage and health.

The mobile version collects massive revenue each day and is easy to maintain. The console version doesn't, and isn't.

That's the difference.

E

Eldriken

It's just a reflection of the business model. It isn't marketed the same way the console game is, it reaches a wider install base, and is free to play. But once you start playing, the game throttles your progress with a rather lengthy cooldown timer, and only frugally rewards play with the currency needed to buy more characters or power-ups.

The game's first move is to hook people. Those people can be DC fans, fighting game fans, people looking to kill time on their daily transit. Whatever. It wants to snag them by being simple to play, and it flashes the high-end rewards in front of that person's face out of the gate to give the player something to work for. Something that's not too out of reach.

And then, once the person puts enough time in and gets impatient, the game politely offers a shortcut. A workaround. Pay two bucks. Get that Doomsday. Or that Superman. Or level up your characters the way you want. Some cards are only available via a separate currency that you can't get without paying cash money. The game deliberately makes its ladder modes just long enough that you can't complete them in one sitting. It's a subtle way to make the player walk away feeling like something is unfinished. Just so they'll pay that cash to finish the job.

Basically. The model has made and continues to make dollars. Lots of dollars. And the profit margin continues to stretch. They've long since recouped the production costs to make the game itself. Because it creates revenue so consistently, it's small potatoes to reskin a character whose moves you've already designed, and to tweak the sliders of that character's damage and health.

The mobile version collects massive revenue each day and is easy to maintain. The console version doesn't, and isn't.

That's the difference.
Thanks for the elaborate explanation. Would read again. :D

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It just disappoints me that they would go from something great, with a good plot mixed in with komedy, to something generic like GO. If it's either GO or no Teen Titans then I would rather not have Teen Titans at all. At least that way we kould tell people "yo watch Teen Titans, show is good!" and not have them get kompletely turned off by the atrocity of GO when they go look it up.
I'd rather have no Titans as well, Young Justice filled that gap the the old Titans left behind but with a deeper story and cool espionage, too bad it was cancelled.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'd rather have no Titans as well, Young Justice filled that gap the the old Titans left behind but with a deeper story and cool espionage, too bad it was cancelled.
I heard.. I never started watching Young Justice. Most of the good shows like that get kancelled. Sometimes it makes sense though because you kan only write great characters and plots for so long... Shows that don't need that kan last longer off of simple dumb stuff.

Oh, and I felt like Teen Titans was similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender in that they are both komedic but have serious plots. Both good shows too IMO.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I heard.. I never started watching Young Justice. Most of the good shows like that get kancelled. Sometimes it makes sense though because you kan only write great characters and plots for so long... Shows that don't need that kan last longer off of simple dumb stuff.

Oh, and I felt like Teen Titans was similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender in that they are both komedic but have serious plots. Both good shows too IMO.
One of my favorite episodes of Teen Titans was when Robin had to work for Slade to keep his friend's alive. If you get a chance watch Young Justice it's on Netflix, starts a bit slow but it picks up pretty quick

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
This way of thinking will not get us more support
but he isn't, there are better characters to add imo: Booster Gold, Canary, Ivy, Powergirl, Static, Captain Cold, hell even throw Starfire in there. But I would take any support to the console version that just isn't a hotfix here and there

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
One of my favorite episodes of Teen Titans was when Robin had to work for Slade to keep his friend's alive. If you get a chance watch Young Justice it's on Netflix, starts a bit slow but it picks up pretty quick
Yeah. Me too. I liked soo many episodes though. Another one would probably be when Starfire time traveled and that villain explained to her how that was the way things were supposed to happen, a no paradox time travel. Maybe it's because I like gloomy sh*t but that one was really good.

I'll start watching it, once I get through Adventure Time on Netflix. Episodes are insanely shorter than I thought so it should be quick...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
but he isn't, there are better characters to add imo: Booster Gold, Canary, Ivy, Powergirl, Static, Captain Cold, hell even throw Starfire in there. But I would take any support to the console version that just isn't a hotfix here and there
I want Brainiac... My favorite Superman Villain. He sounds like he will be OP and kool looking in Injustice 2!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah. Me too. I liked soo many episodes though. Another one would probably be when Starfire time traveled and that villain explained to her how that was the way things were supposed to happen, a no paradox time travel. Maybe it's because I like gloomy sh*t but that one was really good.

I'll start watching it, once I get through Adventure Time on Netflix. Episodes are insanely shorter than I thought so it should be quick...
Yea the future episode was cool, damn I'm gonna go back and re-watch that show (again). Yea Adventure Time episode are quick, but good.

E

Eldriken

That's so good.
It really, really is.

I'm getting so much entertainment at work from this site tonight that it's ridiculous. My co-workers are looking at me all weird 'n shit 'cause I keep randomly laughing.

Not my fault I know how to make my time spent here more enjoyable. TYM > Facebook.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
So NRS decides to put effort into a game nobody plays rather than putting effort into one of the most popular fighting games on the market. Hard to refute that logic.

Inevpatoria

Grandmaster of the Close-Mouthed Yawn
So NRS decides to put effort into a game nobody plays rather than putting effort into one of the most popular fighting games on the market. Hard to refute that logic.
I'm positive the mobile game has a larger following than the console version ever had, even at its most popular.