What's new

(UPDATED!) "Ultimate" Mortal Kombat II Coming to Winter Brawl this weekend

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It really pains my heart that I won't be at WB to play this. It looks freaking awesome. I would probably play it all day. I wish I could go, but I have no way of getting there.
Can't you get a ride? Surely someone you know is going... Even if you don't enter any tournaments, it would be worth it to go just for this.

Wasn't Mileena/Jax broke?

Did the patch address this?
I know as much as you do, I guess we'll have to wait for WB to see for ourselves!

Last edited:

REO

Undead
Can't you get a ride? Surely someone you know is going... Even if you don't enter any tournaments, it would be worth it to go just for this.
The thing is I was never planning on going to WB. But after seeing the news about this today, I really want to go now. But I feel it's too late since the tournament is tomorrow and everyone already planned out ways of getting there since last month.

It's just a bad coincidence that the one major I wasn't planning on going to is going to have a potentially gdlk MK game. Go figure. >_>

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
When it says damage adjusted or hit level adjusted, how are you supposed to know if it's supposed to mean it's getting worse or better?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When it says damage adjusted or hit level adjusted, how are you supposed to know if it's supposed to mean it's getting worse or better?
When you play it at WB, I am sure that @Shock will have a full list of details for you to gape at. If not, you can play the game to see for yourself!

From what I can tell, "hit level" means low/mid attack. Does this mean that Sub-Zero's Slide is a low now? Juicy!

Will this be available all day Sunday? If so, I'll make the trip down there just to play this. Also, will it be on a standup cab or PC? either way, I'll be there this Sunday to play the hell out of this.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
It really pains my heart that I won't be at WB to play this. It looks freaking awesome. I would probably play it all day. I wish I could go, but I have no way of getting there.
Mileena's been nerfed though... you'd have to use someone else ;)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
It is very exciting, especially to see MK2 generating interest.
Will really throw people off though when they go back to playing the original.
Would be different if this new version was available on home consoles....

I guess it depends on whether Boon did this revision or not huh?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It is very exciting, especially to see MK2 generating interest.
Will really throw people off though when they go back to playing the original.
Would be different if this new version was available on home consoles....

I guess it depends on whether Boon did this revision or not huh?
There's no way that someone who has such a demanding and time consuming job could ever put forth the effort for something like this. This hack must be the love child of someone who does so not for a paycheck, but for love of the game. If I had the know-how, I would have done this years ago lol

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
**Updated 8:30PM EST**
A new hype video for Winter Brawl went live.

A few words from @Shock ...

"Heads up 2D MK OG's and old school fans, an anonymous source has informed me there will be a debut of a completely re-balanced hack of MKII available at Winter Brawl this weekend for testing and will be debuted on stream. Stay tuned for more info. Get hype for a patch 20 years in the making!

Here is the link to the thread with the clips:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/a-better-mk2.40589/page-2#post-1261693

Changes noted:

Watch the stream this weekend twitch.tv/kombatnetwork and be ready some old new hype!"

UPDATE:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Were there archives of WBs stream of this? I was watching IGAU so I missed it
Yeah, I'm combining them into one then either giving it to Shock to upload to KN YouTube or mine.

EDIT: Having troubles combining them. The audio later in the video is way off. I am looking into another program, but in the meantime, you can always view the archives on twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I'm combining them into one then either giving it to Shock to upload to KN YouTube or mine.

EDIT: Having troubles combining them. The audio later in the video is way off. I am looking into another program, but in the meantime, you can always view the archives on twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
Konqrr you can put them on yours, Kazi is also authorized to put stuff of ours on his.