What's new

[UPDATE] NRS to Award Top 8 of Kommunity-Ran MK9 Side Tourney at EVO 2014 POT BONUS @ $1500 and UP!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
[UPDATE] NetherRealm Studios to to give away signed "swag" to Top 8 placers at kommunity-ran Mortal Kombat 9 side-tournament:
nrsbonus.png
Link: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=151982
Thanks to @Mikemetroid for the tip on the NRS bonus!

We had three official years at the biggest and baddest tournament in the world known as Evolution. This year, only one of NetherRealm's games made it... officially. However, that is not stopping community members @G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut from putting on a side-tournament for our beloved Mortal Kombat 9. There are a few very important details to know, including how you can help fund the pot bonus that is nearing its goal of $1,000

Taken from Claude's thread:

We are taking pre registers at 10 dollars via the injustcast paypal account. [email protected]
Pre registers will end Thursday July 10th.
Price at the door is 20 dollars cash.
WHEN YOU PREREGISTER MAKE SURE YOU LIST YOUR GAMERTAG IN THE NOTES ON PAYPAL

evodetail2.jpg

Tentative details about the tournament (open to discussion)
  • Run on Xbox
  • 3-5 with 4-7 Finals Matches
  • Normal double elimination rules with no character bans.
  • Brackets will be made LIVE on stream for everyone to see.
  • 70/20/10 Payout
We are also taking donations for a pot bonus. This realistically is probably the last time this collection of players will all be assembled to play MK9 and want to have an amazing MK tournament. Plus International players like N Megabytes, etc will be able to play against the top level US competition. If you are interested in contributing to the pot and trying to get as many players as possible to enter, then please go to..

http://www.gofundme.com/b17jwo

So far we have 1500 dollars in guaranteed bonuses!

GO REGISTER NOW!

Pre Registered as of July 8th 2014

Claude VonStroke
Pig Of The Hut
Cossner
Pikachu
Forever King
Perfect Legend
Dizzy
GrandMasterson
Busta_Clown
Dancock
Starcharger
Red Reaper
Evan Born
Redsoul
CC Trust
SatsuiYesHadou
Son Of Timett
Mike Metroid
CD Jr.
Relaxed State
Blind Ducky
Titanman88
STB Rose Goddess
Gross

Some notable potential players (if they want to participate)...

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Max
@SonicFox5000
@WoundCowboy
@STB Shujinkydink
@KingHippo
@rev0lver
@EMPEROR_THEO
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@LanceMonsoon
@AK Smarrgasm
@AK Trepound380
@AK TylerLantern
@G4S J360
@General M2Dave
@Kitana Prime
@DJT/MIT
@daddydab32ho
@flipkev
@n-megabytes
@Pan1cMode
@Sabin
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Awesomo

@AK Dream Sword
@Blackula
@Digit
@GuamoKun
@RDK|GodSpeed
@RDK|Tyrant

More details here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal-kombat-9-at-evo-2014-now-taking-registrations-pot-bonus.44512/

evo.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
gofundme baby! I told yall ...

Imagine if we started this lets say 3 monthts ago... @G4S Claude VonStroke

Either way our kommunity is showing (to me at least) that we've grown up a bit...

I think this can be a start for future NRS tourneys we want to hold... I hope we see nothing but positive posts in this thread encouraging more pot bonus gatherings like this...

I wonder if Boon chucked in some money cause this thing grew fast :cool:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Imagine if we started this lets say 3 monthts ago...

Either way our kommunity is showing (to me at least) that we've grown up a bit...

I think this can be a start for future NRS tourneys we want to hold... I hope we see nothing but positive posts in this thread encouraging more pot bonus gatherings like this...

Deeeeeeewwd you're idea was so good, you get a ton of props from me.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S

Imagine if we started this lets say 3 monthts ago... @G4S Claude VonStroke

With all the bs I read on here and how entertaining it can be at times seeing what both pig and Claude did and the effort makes me feel this kommunity has leveled up.

Props to both for their time and work on getting this together.

Considering pig is no longer posting on tym till after evo or maybe never again those here should imo thank him on twitter being he stepped up and is doing this with Claude for our community even though he avoids the stupidity nth at goes on here every day.

Anyway props again !! I wish I could donate but money is tied up right now with other issues and I contributed to a player prior to this (which I won't say who it is) if I can get my pay pal sorted I may try to throw 10 bucks in but I can't promise.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That MK shirt is fucking godlike (I never use that term, but it's needed here).

Also, how about NRS brings this to the next level and does a small MKX tourney using the current build? A boy can dream.

E

Eldriken

NRS should just put those shirts on sale when MKX rolls around. I would definitely buy one.

DeathTouch

Iceman
[UPDATE] NetherRealm Studios to to give away signed "swag" to Top 8 placers at kommunity-ran Mortal Kombat 9 side-tournament:
View attachment 8867
Link: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=151982
Thanks to @Mikemetroid for the tip on the NRS bonus!

We had three official years at the biggest and baddest tournament in the world known as Evolution. This year, only one of NetherRealm's games made it... officially. However, that is not stopping community members @G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut from putting on a side-tournament for our beloved Mortal Kombat 9. There are a few very important details to know, including how you can help fund the pot bonus that is nearing its goal of $1,000

Taken from Claude's thread:

We are taking pre registers at 10 dollars via the injustcast paypal account. [email protected]
Pre registers will end Thursday July 10th.
Price at the door is 20 dollars cash.
WHEN YOU PREREGISTER MAKE SURE YOU LIST YOUR GAMERTAG IN THE NOTES ON PAYPAL

View attachment 8865

Tentative details about the tournament (open to discussion)
  • Run on Xbox
  • 3-5 with 4-7 Finals Matches
  • Normal double elimination rules with no character bans.
  • Brackets will be made LIVE on stream for everyone to see.
  • 70/20/10 Payout
We are also taking donations for a pot bonus. This realistically is probably the last time this collection of players will all be assembled to play MK9 and want to have an amazing MK tournament. Plus International players like N Megabytes, etc will be able to play against the top level US competition. If you are interested in contributing to the pot and trying to get as many players as possible to enter, then please go to..

http://www.gofundme.com/b17jwo

So far we have 500 dollars in guaranteed bonuses!

GO REGISTER NOW!

Pre Registered as of July 8th 2014

Claude VonStroke
Pig Of The Hut
Cossner
Pikachu
Forever King
Perfect Legend
Dizzy
GrandMasterson
Busta_Clown
Dancock
Starcharger
Red Reaper
Evan Born
Redsoul
CC Trust
SatsuiYesHadou
Son Of Timett
Mike Metroid
CD Jr.
Relaxed State
Blind Ducky
Titanman88
STB Rose Goddess
Gross

Some notable potential players (if they want to participate)...

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Max
@SonicFox5000
@WoundCowboy
@STB Shujinkydink
@KingHippo
@rev0lver
@EMPEROR_THEO
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@LanceMonsoon
@AK Smarrgasm
@AK Trepound380
@AK TylerLantern
@G4S J360
@General M2Dave
@Kitana Prime
@DJT/MIT
@daddydab32ho
@flipkev
@n-megabytes
@Pan1cMode
@Sabin
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Awesomo

@AK Dream Sword
@Blackula
@Digit
@GuamoKun
@RDK|GodSpeed
@RDK|Tyrant

More details here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal-kombat-9-at-evo-2014-now-taking-registrations-pot-bonus.44512/

@R.E.O. know is your chance to WIN EVO Dawg