What's new

[UPDATE]Boon's kryptic countdown kontinues; "24" is it leading to the reveal of Mortal Kombat 10?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Updated (8:03 PM EST 5/9/14): As expected, Boon has tweeted the number "24" in this kryptic countdown which lands us on June 2nd. Boon's tweet: "Gilbert and 24 other people favorited my last tweet. Hmmm.... probably doesn't mean anything... :/ "
------------------------------
Updated (3:59 PM EST 5/8/14): As
Boon continues with his kryptic kountdown from the original hint of "29", we are now at number "25" as in 25 days left until something... MK10 reveal? Who knows, but it's exciting to say the least. You can view Ed's hint from today in the attachments below!

Boon's hint from today: "Here is how to make your own Subzero costume with things you have at home. I'd love 2C how to make 25 MK characters!"

Yesterday Boon hinted at the number 26 by tweeting the alphabet backwards, which means 26 by the number of letters. Prior to that he hinted at the number 27 by tweeting a Simpsons YouTube video that ended with the number 27.
Updated: From looks like to be another hint from Boon and I believe that Casselman hit this one on the head. Boon tweeted "Square root of 841" and with multiple replies... the answer is 29. Well, in 29 days we'll be on June 2nd. Will an announcement trailer drop on that Monday? (see the attachment below)
Get the hype drinks ready and make sure you're sitting because we have heavy and hard reason to believe a reveal is coming our way. First, we have the conformation of Warner Bros attending E3 this year, so the chances of NetherRealm Studios showing up... I'd say extremely likely. However, besides that there was really nothing recently that hinted towards anything concrete. After all, we've known NetherRealm Studios has been in production with the next Mortal Kombat for some time now. Hell, shouldn't we soon be seeing movie previews as well?

Regardless, as subtle as this may be... Boon has tweeted a hint that I don't believe anyone could pass up. Unless, of course... he's just a BIG Call of Duty fan... maybe? I think it's safe to say that whatever ELSE is on that June edition of GameInformer will have the masses of the NetherRealm Studios following in an uproar of absolute hype.

boonjune.png

Updated image:
boon29.png
Updated image:
boon25.png
Updated image:
boon24.png

Source: noobde
Credit: @Compbros

Attachments

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I turned on p90x DVD today and Sunday is the day for stretching before week 2 begins and this thread popped up on my DVD for 30 mins

"4ward 2 reading"

4 and 2... So, the number 42...which just so happens to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything... which is something you only know if you're a hoopy froody who knows where your towel is... and towel Day is May 25th....

So Mortal Kombat sequel will be announced on May 25th because of reasons and associations and stuff.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Or he is looking forward to reading the article for real, and he used 4 and 2 in the article to keep under the character limit? Just kidding MK confirmed. Smoke and Cyrax confirmed to keep their resets. Kabal DLC and will be in the game too late for any nerfs.