What's new

Strategy - Master of Souls Unsafe God Ermac

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Niredina and LI Joe both won a tournament with ermac, he may be unsafe but he also gets 35%+ dmg off of anything meterless.
So does scorpion and I'm sure there's other characters who have around the same amount. Even if they do 5% less damage it's better to be safe than do a little extra damage.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Niredina and LI Joe both won a tournament with ermac, he may be unsafe but he also gets 35%+ dmg off of anything meterless.
Any character can win a tournament one month into the game. I guarantee that they were both using at least some if not all the string I posted and barely if ever being punished for it. I am saying as the game progresses people will punish unsafe thing more consistently.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Why post on TYM in the Ermac thread and tell people who enjoy their character that he sucks. What do you accomplish from this?
I can't speak to Chameleon's motivations, but I think a thread like this does have value for someone who maybe just picked up the game and is trying to decide what character to use. It kind of sucks when you pick a character based on up-playing and then a few months later you realize they aren't going anywhere.

5 frame d1
But it doesn't lead to anything.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Scrub player comes in thread and contributes scrub comment.
show me the thread i made crying about a character after only playing with him after 3 days, as a matter of fact you wont

Tired of these threads, actual funny and informative threads get shut down but not crap like this

Just play another character

Scrub player comes in thread and contributes scrub comment.
The irony and audacity...

Any character can win a tournament one month into the game. I guarantee that they were both using at least some if not all the string I posted and barely if ever being punished for it. I am saying as the game progresses people will punish unsafe thing more consistently.
You just said this character wasn't tournament viable in your OP, but now when people inform you that better players have won with him any character is viable? Lol make up your mind dude.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
show me the thread i made crying about a character after only playing with him after 3 days, as a matter of fact you wont

Tired of these threads, actual funny and informative threads get shut down but not crap like this

Just play another character
I have been playing Ermac for 3 weeks not 2 days I have been playing him against other top players like @Kitana Prime and @Noobe to name a couple been going toe to toe with them guess why? The game is still new and they're lots of unsafe things not being punished.

I'm pretty sure it's hard for you to figure out a character in just 3 weeks, but here's the thing YOU'RE NOT ME I have been playing non stop since 3 days before launch using nothing but Ermac in offline play for the most part against solid players so I can clearly see where this character is heading month's down the line.

Last edited:

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
The irony and audacity...

You just said this character wasn't tournament viable in your OP, but now when people inform you that better players have won with him any character is viable? Lol make up your mind dude.
I murdered LI Joe in my first week ESL match it doesn't really count I know because it's online. But I guess you can name drop and say someone is better than someone else if one person is a lot more popular than the other. Have you ever even seen me play MKX In tournament?

I can't speak to Chameleon's motivations, but I think a thread like this does have value for someone who maybe just picked up the game and is trying to decide what character to use. It kind of sucks when you pick a character based on up-playing and then a few months later you realize they aren't going anywhere.

But it doesn't lead to anything.
how can you say that. d1 is literally most dangerous tool ermac has in his arsenal. NO ONE CAN OUT poke ermac, but what you apparently dont get (its ok, it took me awhile too) is that d1 on hit is like around +13, which means after ONE HIT with d1 i can GO VORTEX! b3 is around 14-15 startup if not less, same on f4 :) so basically d1 or d3=vortex

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
The reason I made this thread is to inform players of Ermacs giant weakness in case they're thinking of picking him up. To know the giant hurdles you will have to overcome. But I guarantee if my name was Reo or Tom Brady all of you would just be like hey wow that's crazy I didn't know that he was that punishable good to know thanks Tom but because I stay in the lab and not in the forums. I have to prove to all you people that I know what I'm saying I am done trying to help you guys a couple of month's from now when you're all getting punished consistently just remember me.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
ERMAC can hit confirm his F2 into F21D2 if F2 is blocked don't finish the combo it is neutral. You can hit confirm B3 into a combo or leave it at B3 which is -4 on block. His F4 is very negative on block but in master of souls you can confirm it to combo or disappear if it is blocked and just delay disappear to avoid reversals, but your opponent will catch on eventually, once they do start waiting for your disappear, then you don't have to and their waiting will make you safe, of course you can't make them do the wrong thing every time. He is not too unsafe

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Ermac's normals are great in this game. I think it's way too early to say whether or not he will be viable in tournaments, but I'm betting he will do fine. Maybe not S-tier, but solid mid at least.

I'm no pro by any means but; given that he has a great D1, gets a full combo from a standing raw teleport and has a vortex that leaves you standing (which can also be used in the air); I'd say he's a lot better off than a good portion of the cast.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
The only time you (IMO) should use B3 and f4(also as a punisher) is after a D3 hit or a b12 hit. If you find out they know how to punish F21D2 it is extremely easy to hit confirm it to F212

Derby

Noob
What's there to say about Ermac's massive meterless combos?

Commonly known:
f21d2 > f4 xx > bf2 > dash > bf1 > nj2 > j3 xx > db4 > f4, 3 (37% meterless)
And:
222 xx > Soul Ball > J2 > f21d2 > J4 xx > Tele > b321 (40% meterless)
Not to mention Vortex potential
Even if Ermac is punishable, if he lands a f2 or 2, its quite possible to do at least 37% without meter. Very few characters in the game can do this. Since Ermac builds meter quite quickly in his combos and EX doesn't make his combos do much more damage, not using it could just save it up for either a vortex or breakers. So, if Ermac lands a f1,2, or ji2 on you, he's guaranteed to do more than 1/3 of your health in damage without using meter. If an opponent uses a combo breaker, Ermac will have even more of a meter advantage, which he can then use to break punishes. I'm sure its also possible to combo for at least 30% with a low starter.

Essentially:
Enemy Punish= 30% w/o meter, >40% with meter and some have a vortex
Ermac Punish= 37-40% w/o meter, vortex with meter

The response to Ermac hitting you with f212 while blocking is to spend meter on an armored attack. The response to a punish is a combo breaker, and since Ermac generally has more meter, he has more opportunities to do so. All I'm getting from your argument is that, Ermac, when blocked, gets shit on.

What characters are there that are totally safe / unstoppable even when blocked? Do you think those characters will always exist / never be nerfed for their safeness? Why play any kombatants besides those without safe strings?