What's new

UMK3 Weeklys

Well... We need to start getting them going, im dedicating this thread for ideas and opinions on how this could be set up etc.

What Day?

How many players?

best 2/3 or 4/5 etc?

Where will everyone meet? (I think the chat system on here rocked last time)

Throw in your opinion guys

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Most of this has already been figured out, it's just a matter of having someone around to run it on that night.

Birkin

Noob
What Day?
-Saturdays?

How many players?
-Thirty sign up and are randomly matched up with someone else, these will be the qualifying matches. Only 15 will actually participate in the tournament.

best 2/3 or 4/5 etc?
-Either best out of three, or best out of five. Can't use pair numbers.

Where will everyone meet? (I think the chat system on here rocked last time)
-Chat I guess

Sounded pretty good in my head...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I now have Sunday night off so if a tourney was on that day instead of fri/sat, then I could help out.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Konqrr if you want to coordinate tournaments we can have one tonight. I won't be home until about 11PM though. If that's the case then post info and see if we can get even 8 or 16 players for it.

Anyone gonna be able to work out a tourney this weekend ? Id love to but I dont have the capability of being in the chat and signed onto XBL at the same time.

if so, maybe we can get players signing up for it and already have some form of brackets set up. Just a thought.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sorry Shock, didn't see your post :cry:

I'll try to get on AIM soon and we can work something out.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I want it to, but I work every weekend. This coming Sunday however, I am off because I'm on vacation and I might go over Summoning's house that night, but otherwise I should be able to get something together. Saturday night I will be about an hour from my house at a halloween party so I don't think I'll be able to do anything Saturday. I asked for volunteers a while back and we got a handful but I don't know if any of those players are still willing to help coordinate. I still feel the "show up and play" method works similar to a real tournament, the problem is with one person having to collect the data and not being an "in person" situation it cause the tournament to drag.

Dreemer worked on an automated system a few weeks ago and got it partially working, I will have to talk to him about it. I tried learning some php myself so I could help and I think I'm ready to start checking into it some more after doing some mild editing on various websites lately but it's really easy to screw up when you don't know what you're doing. The main thing is to set up how users enter their info and get the site to read that, and impliment it into a bracket system automatically, this way players can just click if they won or lost and don't even have to report it to the people running the room but the coordinators can verify the winnings once they see them posted because they would have different level permissions, or something to that effect in case some players can't access it or what not, but I think for the most part, the less work placed on people running and verifying the faster tournaments will be complete and less chance of people leaving in the middle. The last time we tried this all but 2 matches were finished and one guy left, and Dreemer and I were taking care of stuff here at my house.