What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Specially, when Kabal trying to spin opponent who jumps behind kabal's back - in the hack version this bug is huge
That is not what @mkholic was talking about.

What you mentioned with Kabal is not a bug or a glitch. Kabal's dash has 5 more frames of startup which means that the move does not have a hitbox for 5 more frames than he did in UMK3. The reason it becomes a problem in using it vs crossups is that Kabal travels pretty far before it becomes "active" and is no longer near his opponent then and it whiffs.

did anyone mention that scorpion's lp+up hit reaction acts differently according to what an opponent is doing atm of being hit by the first hp of the mini-popup?
for instance, if an opponent was in startup frames of doing elbow or knee he'll be thrown in the air this high

whereas if he was neutral (or dizzy)

this decides how many frames u get to link into a spear
No matter how many ways I try, I cannot reproduce this. I am getting the same height every time whether they are neutral, doing a move, or hit with a Spear (dizzy).

Here's my screenshot of how it is every time:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l42mxdtfepzqtbq/AAApWGk1ygeO2VGhXdXJx6yYa/images/Scorpion_uLP.png?dl=0

That is not what @mkholic was talking about.

What you mentioned with Kabal is not a bug or a glitch. Kabal's dash has 5 more frames of startup which means that the move does not have a hitbox for 5 more frames than he did in UMK3. The reason it becomes a problem in using it vs crossups is that Kabal travels pretty far before it becomes "active" and is no longer near his opponent then and it whiffs.

No matter how many ways I try, I cannot reproduce this. I am getting the same height every time whether they are neutral, doing a move, or hit with a Spear (dizzy).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l42mxdtfepzqtbq/AAApWGk1ygeO2VGhXdXJx6yYa/images/Scorpion_uLP.png?dl=0
The scorpion thing happened with @DWednesday and me tonight. Scorpion got in on a 3 hitter and there was just about zero lift, couldn't connect a spear if you were a pro.

mkholic

Noob
That is not what @mkholicNo matter how many ways I try, I cannot reproduce this. I am getting the same height every time whether they are neutral, doing a move, or hit with a Spear (dizzy).

may be @tank u-gin is referring to kabal doing his blur animation in place?does anyone recall it happening?
u can get results i got by mapping both players' HPs to 1 button
that screenshot taken is of the wrong frame

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The scorpion thing happened with @DWednesday and me tonight. Scorpion got in on a 3 hitter and there was just about zero lift, couldn't connect a spear if you were a pro.
Let me guess, 2v2? That is fixed in the next version.

u can get results i got by mapping both players' HPs to 1 button
that screenshot taken is of the wrong frame
I did the same thing mapping both HP to one button and no that screenshot is of the first frame of Stryker in a horizontal position which is the same frame every time so it's more accurate. If it juggled to a different height in any instance, then when I got to that frame, it would be lower.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Can anything be done so that the combo info (number of hits and damage %) shows up on screen for round/match-winning combos too? I hate it when someone wins a round/match with a smexy combo and the combo info doesn't show up. :-(

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
u mean like this :DOGE
Image not there
Nope, was 1v1 :/
Well I can't recreate it to help the hacker fix it. If you guys know how to cause it, please tell.

Can anything be done so that the combo info (number of hits and damage %) shows up on screen for round/match-winning combos too? I hate it when someone wins a round/match with a smexy combo and the combo info doesn't show up. :-(
That is planned to be fixed along with the combo readout not showing up if you do a move that is blocked before the readout is shown.

Image not there

Well I can't recreate it to help the hacker fix it. If you guys know how to cause it, please tell.

That is planned to be fixed along with the combo readout not showing up if you do a move that is blocked before the readout is shown.
Sweet. Any possibility that end of match "styling" is going to be allowed? Basically juggle the opponent until the match is over instead of the time limit kicking in? You don't get the announcement of who wins until the opponent hits the ground, is kind of my idea

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
is it not showing?
http://postimg.org/image/vuq3ii34n/
u can clearly see stryker is lower on this pic
send me pm if u think i'll be of any help to ya
Ok I found out why I couldn't recreate it... I was testing on version 33 which has the 2v2 bug fixed. So apparently it is fixed because I put back in version 32 beta 8 and it happened the first time, but I couldn't get it to happen once in 33.

Thanks for finding it anyways!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The hacker has resumed work on this. Not sure for how long, but at the request of Kombat Network, some things are being fixed/changed/reverted for an upcoming tournament.

Here are some things that have changed since version 2.0.033 (which was never released, but only fixed bugs and added H.Smoke/Noob to the CS screen).

Revision 2.0.034 Changes:
  • Reverted damage on Sheeva SUJK, SUJP, JP, Elbow, and Knee
  • Increase Sheeva Stomp disable timer from 128 to 160
  • Kabal Blur is now active 1 frame sooner (previous versions have 5 additional startup frames, this is now 4)
  • Reverted changes to Elbow/Knee hit reaction that gave the attacker more frames
  • Reverted U.Sub Slide hitbox changes
  • Reverted U.Sub JK downward hitbox changes (backward hitbox change still intact)
  • Added a proximity requirement to Sheeva Stomp for it to popup (currently just inside jump distance)
  • Fixed glitch where you could do a special move to keep Jade's Returnarang bouncing back and forth more than intended
  • Reduce Sindel Air Fireball Disable Timer by 12 frames (create routine to allow for different values depending on opponent's proximity to the corner, currently they are the same at 36 frames)
  • Jade Green Kick now uses its own Hit Reaction Routine with less knockback and original screen shake on hit.
  • Stryker Riot Gun recovery reduced by 9 frames on ground collision (hit or block)
  • Removed the last two animation recovery frames from Sonya's B+HP Combo Ender
  • Fix recovery animation for characters with added autocombo paths
    • Jade Knee,HK fixed
    • Kabal Knee,LK fixed
    • Ermac Knee,HK fixed
    • Kitana Knee,HK fixed
@Shock

Last edited:
Are we the general TYM'ers going to get a release for this? If there's an upcoming tournament, it would be, well...not exactly fair for those who aren't the hacker or 'consultants'

MRIGOTBASS

The hacker has resumed work on this.
I'm thinking the first step if you want any of us to take this "TE" seriously would be to stop referring to the "Hacker" in 3rd person. We are all adults here and this is a touch on the weird side being spoken to in 3rd person.

Maybe a little bit more transparency, will bring the "Players" in touch with "The Hacker"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm thinking the first step if you want any of us to take this "TE" seriously would be to stop referring to the "Hacker" in 3rd person. We are all adults here and this is a touch on the weird side being spoken to in 3rd person.

Maybe a little bit more transparency, will bring the "Players" in touch with "The Hacker"
He doesn't want that, so how about no.

Nobody has a clue who did the Juggernaut/Zeus hacks and nobody cares.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Okay I admit it, I was behind the Juggernaut hack and I'm the infamous hacker. Donations are accepted to help fund my work. :D

MRIGOTBASS

He doesn't want that, so how about no.

Nobody has a clue who did the Juggernaut/Zeus hacks and nobody cares.
So now your speaking in 3rd person about the 3rd person hacker that doesnt want that?

UMK3 not MKX everyone that plays is an adult not a naive child, and everyone is aware you the "Hacker"

You need the players to play your gayme not the other way around, try to at least come across as sincre.

Transparency Konqrr please.

Konqrr why not even make it an opensource project?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So now your speaking in 3rd person about the 3rd person hacker that doesnt want that?

UMK3 not MKX everyone that plays is an adult not a naive child, and everyone is aware you the "Hacker"

You need the players to play your gayme not the other way around, try to at least come across as sincre.

Transparency Konqrr please.

Konqrr why not even make it an opensource project?
Yeah ok... not me.

If people want to play it, they will. If not, they have other options.

Making the knowledge of the how/what/where to hack is a seriously bad idea. There would be 1000 hacks out there and it would just turn into another MUGEN.

If you don't like how things are done, that's fine. I'm sure many people don't like it, but you don't have to be disrespectful to me or the project. If that's all you plan to do, then please keep it to yourself.

I've wanted to be part of a project like this since the game was out in the arcades. Now I am, and I can check it off my bucket list.

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
Making the knowledge of the how/what/where to hack is a seriously bad idea. There would be 1000 hacks out there and it would just turn into another MUGEN.
Even tho I respect you and all your participation/work in this project, I think that this is a really bad argument.

MUGENs are bad not because of the diversity and quantity of the projects, but mostly because of the bad overall structure of the code and feeling of the game (not being able to juggle properly as in vanilla UMK3 and such). Of course you can find low quality projects (shit ass char compilations), but I rather have 100 shitty projects, being able to find 10 gems in the pile of shit, than having none shitty projects, and having only 1 good project.

Theres nothing wrong with having lots of different approaches to 2D Mortal Kombat games, I personally do like searching for creative MK kind games with new gimicks, the only thing that turns me down is the code MUGEN has and how it affects the gameplay.

Why do you think games like Skyrim, F: NV, Half Life 2 (I could go on and on really) had such a big longevity?
Cause poeple created shit, it made the vanilla game (main platform) alive. It made the community alive. People would talk bout it cause new things were made every day or week. They would have a reason to check the forums cause new shit was being made, new projects, new ideas. I dont see it being a bad thing. Actually, your argument kind of reminds me of the typical companies that would hold on to their dev tools, ignoring the potential of the community that would keep the game alive.

As in more hacks would divide the community even more : I don't really think so, people would still pick its standard game anyway, especially if it would come to tournament stuff.