What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Konqrr

Sektor, 2nd TU dp is ignored vs. 2nd character of a team. (in case this hadnt been found already)
This, and the other bugs found are fixed in the next version.

@faststax The hacker knows what is causing the Returnarang to keep bouncing and is working on it. Hopefully he can fix it!

Not sure if it was 2v2 bug or not...
Sektor: tpu connects, roundhouse, tpu. 2nd tpu seems to have a much faster startup.

Not sure that it's a bug, but Shao Kahn really enjoys it when sektor's dumb missile hits.

I also read where someone mentioned a tpu always hits on the left side of the opponent when it's part of a juggle. I confirmed this. Really sucks if you want to apply some corner pressure on p1's corner after a sektor juggle. Lol.
If a naked tpu hits, it hits on opposite side. But no matter what, the juggling tpu ALWAYS hits left side.

Heck maybe poor Sektor should be flailing in the desert, not Cyrax

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ummmm, what happens with the iceshower @ about 7:59?
He's hit out of it with a jab which pushes the attacker out due to proximity to the corner and cancels whatever the cornered opponent is doing due to it using the same code that causes jab pushback in the corner.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
He's hit out of it with a jab which pushes the attacker out due to proximity to the corner and cancels whatever the cornered opponent is doing due to it using the same code that causes jab pushback in the corner.
What about the next one?

mkholic

Noob
did anyone mention that scorpion's lp+up hit reaction acts differently according to what an opponent is doing atm of being hit by the first hp of the mini-popup?
for instance, if an opponent was in startup frames of doing elbow or knee he'll be thrown in the air this high

whereas if he was neutral (or dizzy)

this decides how many frames u get to link into a spear

mkholic

Noob
on that note, it's been known for years that scorpion's elbow ignores FA rules and overprioritizes some other chars' elbows. Is there intention of changing this in the following releases?

dreemernj

Ambassador
I get that, but how does it ignore them?
Pick two Scorpions, stand against each other, HP at the same time, lower priority Scorpion wins. Do anything else and higher priority Scorpion wins.

I think its a side effect of something weird with the hitboxes. If the Scorpions are a little bit separated, but still close enough to do the Axe, then higher priority Scorpion wins.

mkholic

Noob
Pick two Scorpions, stand against each other, HP at the same time, lower priority Scorpion wins. Do anything else and higher priority Scorpion wins.

I think its a side effect of something weird with the hitboxes. If the Scorpions are a little bit separated, but still close enough to do the Axe, then higher priority Scorpion wins.
also FA scorpion/h.smoke wins even if he's 1 frame late
all mentioned works against c.sub and ermac i believe

dreemernj

Ambassador
also FA scorpion/h.smoke wins even if he's 1 frame late
all mentioned works against c.sub and ermac i believe
Yeah I think it works against a bunch of people.

Scorp's elbow is idiotically wide. He's got the axe at full extension a couple of frames in and the area he can be hit is a sliver down the middle of his entire sprite which means that 2 or 3 frames into his elbow his hitbox is between his opponents fist and their face. Anybody with an attack box that doesn't stay close enough to their body probably loses and the fact that this gives low priority Scorp the priority against himself and others is just a side effect of his hit box being, essentially, in the wrong place when his opponent's attack box pops up. Scorp gets super wide, then gets narrow again when his attack box pops up, so when high priority Scorp's attack box appears, low priority Scorp is still on the super wide frame before that and his hitbox has ended up behind high priority Scorp's attack box.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
New version coming out soon has H.Smoke and Noob selectable on the select screen. It also has fixed some 2v2 bugs, but not all. There may be other things as well.

Actually, the UMK3:TE has a lot of little bugs. It is hard to explain, but when you plays years in original game every day, and after that you started playing in new version - you can feel differences between two versions. And this differences is not in combos, specials or startups, it is in the pixels, in frames, in very small things etc. In the same game situation in different versions - reaction of characters is different than was in UMK3. Someone kicks you when he shouldn't, someone misses his knee or elbow - very strangely. It is hard to explain, but this things is not enjoyable

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
This has probably already been addressed a million times already, and is pretty low priority, but small graphical glitch whilst attacking the opponent out of kabals spin "kung laos fatality" animation.