What's new

UMK3 20th Anniversary Tourney & MKT Side Tourney Results + Vids!!

MKK hanzo

FINAL EDIT 28-09-2015

With a GREAT turnout of 29 players, mostly OG, some MKX crew and some passerbyes, UMK3 received its "Happy Birthday Present". Despite some lag present due to the dual display employed to give a better view to the spectators, we had a blast of a night! Some notable (and MAD HYPE) pools and QF/SF were recorded, and the entire Top 4 as well. All of them via live recording (not direct feed) and the crowd can be heard very well and loud.

MKT n64 got a decent turnout with 17 players as well.

Full results:
UMK3

29 players

1. MKK hanzo
2. RZP
3. Homero

MKT n64

17 players

1. RZP
2. MKM Humberto
3. MKK hanzo

There is still a last MKT Tourney in November and I think that would be all for classic MK this year.

ALL VIDEOS I RECORDED + PICTURE ALBUM:

Videos del Games X Party

UMK3 20th Anniversary TOurnament:

Setup Overview

UMK3 20 Annyversary Tourney QF Humberto v Lalista Games X Party 2015 (SUPER HYPE)

UMK3 20 Annyversary Tourney QF Lalista v Hanzo Games X Party 2015 (HYPE)

UMK3 20 Annyversary Tourney QF Reinaldo v Homero Games X Party 2015 (HYPE)

UMK3 20 Annyversary Tourney Top 4

MKT Tournament:

MKT QF Shadowmaster v RZP Games x Party 2015

MKT SF RZP v Hanzo Games X Party 2015

MKT GF RZP v Humberto Games X Party 2015

MKX GF Games X Party 2015 (HYPE)

SamSho2 Casuals Games X Party 2015

Speed Run Super Mario Bros. 1 Winner Games X Party 2015

SSB4 GF Games X Party 2015

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/mkkhanzohasashi/library/Games X Party 2015

Attachments

Last edited:
Best of luck with this. Hope you get a good turnout. Here in the states, we can organize anything major because half the people don't have enough experience with TE, which apparently is the new "standard", despite being in beta. and if you try to organize anything online, people do nothing but whine about the lag

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Great venue, it sure looked like a nice event, worthy of UMK3. I need to watch the rest of the matches later, but so far I watched the 1st three. In Homero Vs Reinaldo, is Reinaldo using sheeva as always or is that homero? When they showed the players it looked like Reinaldo was sitting in P1 side.

That uppercut was a real sweep punisher? FUCKING WOW. Was your face expression because of that? jajajjajaja

MKK hanzo

Great venue, it sure looked like a nice event, worthy of UMK3. I need to watch the rest of the matches later, but so far I watched the 1st three. In Homero Vs Reinaldo, is Reinaldo using sheeva as always or is that homero? When they showed the players it looked like Reinaldo was sitting in P1 side.

That uppercut was a real sweep punisher? FUCKING WOW. Was your face expression because of that? jajajjajaja
Yep thats a 1 frame punisher (and VERY doable in MKII in certain scenarios!!!!) , having the Sheeva player the round priority haha and YES that was my face since I screamed WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH hahahahah

Remember that you can sit anywhere regarding of the player side in the game. Glad you liked them Manuel!!!!

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Oh, I know that jejeje but I don't see why you would, personally I like to sit on the right side of the screen :)

Wow! Congrats @MKK hanzo

REALLY cool listening to people's reactions and being that excited about UMK. Stateside the most you get is passionate arguments about UMK3 vs TE...from people who hardly play the game. No gameplay.

MKK hanzo

@tehdrewsus thank you my friend, well sadly here UMK TE is not even an option. 80% of the player base DONT play on PC. Here is still the debate of UMK3 vs MKT so go figure.

While I didnt player TE that much, I really didnt liked many of the changes, or to be sincere the new combos and specials etc. IDK, if you ask ME (read ME), UMk3 just needed 3 fixes that TE got right:

No LP inf in the corner
No relaunchers (or hit limit for them)
No KaraJab abuse (I.E: lplplplplplplplplplp while holding block, just one is ok)

So, while you can BAN the first 2, there is no solution for the 3rd one and some people get bored of that playstyle. There are ways around it but yes, the game becomes VERY frustrating to play just like hold blk + hphphphphphphphphphph

I try to mix or play with a balanced style of OG zoning and footsies and K.Jabs but Its NOT for "being easy" on my rivals, its to SHOW THEM that there are ways around those tactics.

TL: DR: I would LOVE an UMK3 TE with just the 3 stuff above, no new specials or new combos or stuff like that.

Last edited: