What's new

UMK:3-TOURNAMENT EDITION Exhibition Featuring REO vs Juggs

Do you want to see more UMK:3 TE exhibitions?

• Total voters

REO

Undead
Hey, everyone. We got permission from the hacker to do an online exhibition of UMK3:TE so you guys can see what the game plays at a high level.

What is UMK:3 TE? UMK:3 TE (Tournament Edition) is a hacked version of UMK:3 specifically made to make the game more balanced and competitive by an anonymous hacker for the MK community. Think similar of Project M" from the smash community. For some competitive MK fans this is a dream come true. An MK game where every single character is completely viable? Yes, please.

We played for about an hour and tried to show case as many of the new character changes and general gameplay differences as we could. Keep in mind this was online so we apologize if we were sloppy in some areas. :p

Also excuse us for slightly picking Unmasked Sub-Zero a little too much. He's incredibly fun to play and very powerful, (we believe he's possibly number one in this current version).

Hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
As a disclaimer, this is online on MAME, in a server. This is not P2P, as we fail at doing that. There was 4 frames of delay on my end, and 2-3 on REO's end, but also some lag and extra random delay here and there. This video isn't to show anything but the game. It's watered down, but you can still see a lot of the new aspects of the game, and definitely you see no glitch jabbing. Kara Jabbing was really hard to do because of it being online, so just keep that in mind as well.

Also, we have been playing and testing for over a week now, and REO a little longer, so this is not just day 1 impressions. Like I said though, my end of things is highly based on online, so yeah, on to it I guess.

@R.E.O. and I both feel uSub is far and away the best character in the game. He does way too much damage, can use his slide and ice ball with a clone out, the freezes do chip, he has the best JK in the game, his slide hits low, and has one of the better HK's as well.

Here's our agreed upon top 5 list. This is based off of offline and online, and it's early, so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Unmasked Sub-Zero
2. Kung Lao
3. Ermac
4. Sindel
5. Scorpion

You couldn't really tell in the video, but Kang is really good now. He can combo off of his bike kick on counter hit, which leads to 40%+ damage. If it's not on counter hit, he at least gets free pressure. It's easily punished though, so it balances it out. He does damage now, and without GJ's, he's more of a threat.

Kabal and H.Smoke are really close to each other. It's too close to say who is better, but at least they're no longer way out in front.

We both feel the walk speed in general needs a buff, and the back walkspeed needs a bigger buff. Footsies, among many other things, will heavily improve if you can actually move back to make things whiff, then whiff punish. The forward walkspeed only needs a slight buff, as you can use run to the same effect. Walking back though, is horrid, almost making you want a backdash.

The blocking is very stiff as well. It hinders the overall movement, and forces you into block stun for too long.

There's a bunch of other stuff to add, but will add later at some point. Hope you enjoyed the vids!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Try Noob Saibot, he is basically old Smoke damage without the air throw. This is a perfect way to see what he would be like in this game now.
Yeah, he's really good currently. I was under the impression he was getting changed so I wasn't using him. He's really fun to use though.

Watching these matches really makes me wanna learn the game properly! If only I had anyone in my state I could vs, I would totally pick it up!

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Great upload @R.E.O. and @AK Juggs looking foward to see some more game play. Going to download the videos to watch later tonight. Not sure if you guys picked Jax but I for one would love to see any changes / some of his game play if you guys don't mind 1 day.
Again thanks for the upload though :)

nwo

Noob
Here's our agreed upon top 5 list. This is based off of offline and online, and it's early, so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Unmasked Sub-Zero
2. Kung Lao
3. Ermac
4. Sindel
5. Scorpion
Why exactly do you guys think Kung Lao is #2 now? When he was also nerfed. Is it because Reo has been training with Lao a little and you got a taste of it? LOL

Yeah he'll be a unique character, but at the very least you can judge what Smoke would be like without an air throw, while maintaining his old damage.
I'm curious what the hacker will do with him. I think just the teleport would be fine since he's faster even with the nerfed walk speed. Maybe a teleport with very little to no cool down time and higher hit limit, and that ridiculous damage throw.

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
I'm curious what the hacker will do with him. I think just the teleport would be fine since he's faster even with the nerfed walk speed. Maybe a teleport with very little to no cool down time and higher hit limit, and that ridiculous damage throw.
What if the spear was removed and he was given a Lao teleport? So he had 2 types of teleports?

EDIT: This is probably the wrong thread for that discussion lol.

Why exactly do you guys think Kung Lao is #2 now? When he was also nerfed. Is it because Reo has been training with Lao a little and you got a taste of it? LOL
I don't see how classic sub isn't top 5 especially if unmasked is top. Then again the game isn't even fully released yet so a tier conversation is pointless.

Reactions: nwo
What if the spear was removed and he was given a Lao teleport? So he had 2 types of teleports?

EDIT: This is probably the wrong thread for that discussion lol.
Yeah I don't think he should have a spear at all. Maybe a (ice) clone though!
He is Bi-Han after all. It would also (sort of) be a nod to the mkt clone throw.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
His nerf didn't matter to his game too much, if at all. The main reason he suffers in vanilla UMK3 is because of glitch jabs. With GJ's removed, he automatically becomes better, more so than any other character in the game. His only tough match ups are Kabal and uSub, maybe a few others such as Sindel.

What makes KL good wasn't nerfed. What hurts KL was not only nerfed, but removed. This is why he's up there.

And for the record, REO put him at #2, not me. :p (Even though I agree)

nwo

Noob
His nerf didn't matter to his game too much, if at all. The main reason he suffers in vanilla UMK3 is because of glitch jabs. With GJ's removed, he automatically becomes better, more so than any other character in the game. His only tough match ups are Kabal and uSub, maybe a few others such as Sindel.

What makes KL good wasn't nerfed. What hurts KL was not only nerfed, but removed. This is why he's up there.

And for the record, REO put him at #2, not me. :p (Even though I agree)
I would argue that kara jabs are way harder to deal with, than some idiot spamming GJ's into the air. Kara jabs are still in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I would argue that kara jabs are way harder to deal with, than some idiot spamming GJ's into the air. Kara jabs are still in the game.
I don't think I said anything about "some idiot spamming GJ's into the air". And KJ's were waaaay easier to do in Vanilla when you were able to hold block while doing more than one jab. It's so much different when you can only have 1 safe jab out at a time, really changes the game a lot fundamentally.

I'll respond better later, going to sleeeeep. Also, every time I refer to regular UMK3, I use past tense... damn.

:coffee: