What's new

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Omega Edition

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is crazy! Had to check if it was April 1st. I'm officially calling this SF4: Rainbow Edition.

And I love free content! Good job Capcom!

This was ssoooo out of nowhere man, but I love it! All those moves are so ridiculous and over the top hahaha.

I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the cast.

haketh

Noob
Looks.......nowhere near as interesting as SFIV remix honestly. Cool that they're doing this though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I am sooooooooo hype for this. I was already fizzled out of Ultra...then THIS BEAUTY CAME ALONG!

I can't wait to see Gouken. And I love the things they're going for. They've removed hard knockdowns from a lot of things (looks like everything), giving the game a really hastened pace, and the damage is gonna be through the roof. And everything is gonna be so cheap!

This needs to become a permanent side tournament. Because it's basically a whole new game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I am sooooooooo hype for this. I was already fizzled out of Ultra...then THIS BEAUTY CAME ALONG!

I can't wait to see Gouken. And I love the things they're going for. They've removed hard knockdowns from a lot of things (looks like everything), giving the game a really hastened pace, and the damage is gonna be through the roof. And everything is gonna be so cheap!

This needs to become a permanent side tournament. Because it's basically a whole new game.
I mean, I've barely had any time to play Ultra, now Omega is coming out!? And is the Omega version like auto casual? Like, it's not going to be used in tournament?

Apparently, we need something to kombat the god tier known as El Fuerte!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I mean, I've barely had any time to play Ultra, now Omega is coming out!? And is the Omega version like auto casual? Like, it's not going to be used in tournament?

Apparently, we need something to kombat the god tier known as El Fuerte!
It needs to be used in tournament! At least as a side tournament. Hell, it probably could qualify as a regular tournament if it's popular enough, or accidentally ends up being good for tournament play.

I agree. I think it could be super interesting and refreshing to watch a "touch of death" version of USF4 but that still has the same mechanics and ground game. Especially if played at tournament level. :) I know I will definitely lab monster the shit out of this mode and try to find the most busted tech with Omega Juri and Hugo lol.

From the looks of it, the average 2-3 meter BnB will do 50-60% damage easy. And with Super and/or Ultra that could go up to 75% or even 100%. Which is fine imo since to land anything higher than 50% you'll need more than 2 meters. When EX moves are that powerful it makes meter management a lot more interesting.

Also, I don't think it would necessarily divide the USF4 community. Because Omega is more likely going to appeal to players who are kind of tired/bored of playing Ultra. And players who dropped the game because their main character was overnerfed.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They gave Ken Shinpuu Jinrai Kyaku
They gave guile Omega Gambit

Man... i wan to see the whole cast now lol.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
The fact that people are shocked and amazed by these tiny edits is really telling about just how stale and rote street fighter has become. I bet Error1 is spinning in his grave.