What's new

Question - Unbreakable UB sub input bug?

Tender

Noob
So i was in the lab to practice b12 aura b12 freeze to get the timing right and found this happened. If the opponent blocks the first string he just jerks a bit and do the iceball immediately. Anyone has the same issue?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This is because there is a difference in timing on block and on hit. On hit, Sub-Zero will be done with B12~Aura more quickly than he will on block. This means that on hit, your timing is right B12~Aura, B12 will come out properly. On block, it takes a bit longer for Sub-Zero to be done with B12~Aura. As such, your second B12 will not come out because the timing is difference. The reason as to why this exist is likely because it makes it easier to confirm that your opponent has blocked your attack.

A way to see that this is true is to pick Kung Lao and do 11212 on hit and on block. On block it is easier to do, because it takes a bit longer for Lao to be done with 11 on block, giving you more time to input the 212.

Tender

Noob
That's a pickle! If I don't commite to the string I might miss that timing and the opponent can easily block the second b12, and if I do commite I'll eat a full combo cuz ice ball recovers too slowly. Ouch! But this makes me wonder what else sub do has this dilemma?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
That's a pickle! If I don't commite to the string I might miss that timing and the opponent can easily block the second b12, and if I do commite I'll eat a full combo cuz ice ball recovers too slowly. Ouch! But this makes me wonder what else sub do has this dilemma?
I advise using B12~Aura only when you have a very clean punish opportunity. B12~Aura by itself is very unsafe and you can be full combo punished out of it (if the opponent is expecting it that is).

Tender

Noob
It's hard not to since its the only starter that gives more than 30%, everything else just fall short. I know it doesn't jail but it does help to switch around b12 aura and b1 aura to deceive people. I only use f4 aura after a jip lands. If the opponent is on the ground might miss time it if they do delay wake up then the aura wouldn't come out and we get whiff punished.

ando1184

Noob
Why not just hit confirm b12 ice ball instead of b12 aura first. That way after they are frozen you can jump 2/1 b12 aura and then finish your combo. This method only loses about 1% I think and it's much more consistent IMO.

Tender

Noob
@ando1184 i use b12 aura in case I didn't got the hit and still have time to react to the whiff or block. We also can do b1 aura or b12 ex aura to do mix up for them to respect the string. Ultimately, because of the lack of damage we have sometimes I always try to do as much damage as possible, that 1 or 2 % will add up in this variation.