What's new

TYM downplaying competition

Who can downplay their character(s) the hardest??? some of us upplay real hard and need help. I'll start

Martian Manhunter is so overrated...

His zoning easy to get by, his orbs have no hitbox, all you have to do is block 2% damage pillars.
His teleport, is easily forward dashed or walked forward. It also can be mbb3 on reaction with ease.
he has no true mixups, b233 is easily fuzzied and he has to burn meter to to keep pressure going, for what???
By the way, it's not liek he has trait forever and what can he even do without trait (anti-air?? nope, play footsies nope) ???? chuck worthless projectiles??? plus his combo string is INTERRUPTABLE and you can just mbb3 his standing 3.. HE NEEDS his wakeup game and HE DOESN't even have multi-hit wakeups.... quit your whining and LEVEL up GG. He can't even beat lex luthor flash or doomsday in a fair fight... it takes SUPERIOR reads and gameplay on the martian's part. So many characters do fine vs him, like Zatanna shazam, batgirl, batman, lobo, bane, doomsday, raven. sinestro, wonderwoman, superman,and even a good green arrow.

Zod is not that good at all

He has multiple 3-7 matchups (sinestro, aqua and mmh even lex luthor might be 2-8 in lex's favor according to revolver). he has NO footsie game or wakeup game. All you have to do is knock him down. His balls have AWFUL startup and do barely any chip damage, and l2duck his pistols. his mb laser is WAY too punishable on whiff to be worth doing outside of combos, and IAZB are a bill and can be dashed under by half the cast and can't be done reliably by any human on earth except for relaxedstate and that one random guy online whose names starts with a p that nobody cares about... BTW, his trait has no true mixups unless you do something punishable like a maniac up close, L2PUSHBLOCK. Phantom hand??? mbb3 or god forbid punish in the 50 seconds you have too on whiff. zod charge??? 12% and PUNISHABLE on block. this character is so overrated

Error

DF2+R2
Black Adam was overrated before patch 1.06. All he could do was throw lighting and backdash, maybe every once in a while throw a divekick which was super punishable on block (-15!!) yet no one ever punished, and only +3 on hit so he got nothing off of it. He was getting away with murder. Only character he legitimately could destroy were Shazam and Bane because they sucked. Any character with good air mobility said fuck you to his zoning anyways. CDjr said it best, Black Adam needs a reliable low to compete, his sweep might as well be a fuck me in the ass like it's 2575 B.C button.

His fastest advancing normal was 15 frames, meanwhile Superman, Green Lantern, Ares, Sinestro and WW all had much better and faster advancing normals, after that his only other good normal was D1, which only combos into Jazz Hands for 10% or a background bounce if you're feeling risky. Speaking of bounces, he has by far the worst B3 in the game, it has no range, it's slow and the animation is ugly with those little ~~ lightning waves of fuck. In a game where jumps rule, Black Adam has a D2 that only works in MK9 AAs. Then he has that little fail trap which you have to waste like a bar and be in the corner for it to even land safely. NRS couldn't even give him a 6 frame super move, which he never get's to use because all of his meter goes towards whiffed mb lighting which Bane flew over and pushblock, which Bane armored through.

Now what happens when the character who can only win by throwing lightning and backdashing gets his lighting and back dash nerfed? This kills the character. Now Black Adam is stuck being a pseudo rushdown character is half his match ups, but he has no real mix-ups besides trying to throw and fake lighting/divekick 50/50s, he has cross-up divekick set-ups, but you need trait, meter, and perfect execution or else it doesn't work. He has some fake oki in the corner, but a unless your opponent has a wake-up attack you're getting nothing. Speaking of wake-ups, his are a complete bill, mbF3, whiff punish, meaty, jump over, or just pick Bane. He can still zone/counter-zone against some of the shitters, but zoning is a bill in Injustice since a dash and a J3 are all it takes to get in. Either way most if not all tournament popular characters beat him 6-4 at the least to 7-3.

Black Adam is the Cyber Sub-Zero of this game.

@Qwark28
@AK Smarrgasm
@RM Truth
@RM Chongo

Revolver lost to a zod at evo.

I liked your thread when I thought it was a joke, I've been through too much tonight to figure this out. Is this a joke?

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
My mama isn't actually so fat. I can personally vouche that while she may sit AROUND my house, my house is only a little bigger than a shed. I know you're saying "What about that time she bungee jumped and brought the bridge down?" That was an isolated incident and that bridge was of poor quality anyway. So stop saying my momma so fat. You're upplaying her weight.

Last edited:

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Cowboy has been right all along Sinestro suuuuuuucks. He has no options against the top tiers, i repeat, NO OPTIONS. The only reason peeps say his zoning is good is because they dont know the meaning of patience. B12 is a bill of goods people lbsh its -5 and if you cant read a backdash after i've done it a million times after that string and punish then you're stupid. He also has zero mixups (not including his vortex that only gets 20% damage) so that doesnt help. Like seriously people, BLOCK HIGH! The only saving grace he has is his trait but even that has to be charged its not like zod who can just magically pop his wraith out at will I have to work super hard for my trait and God help me if Sin gets rushed down because he cant get out. TYM lets all stop upplaying Sinestro and get a grip on this character and listen to the people who actually play the character

Art

Grave_Intent
Well, as far as MMH goes he can be dealt with by anti-zone characters (ie..Ares, Batgirl, Raven etc..) pretty easily. Zod is not over powered but I defiantly think he never should have had a PIG play him...LOL JK @PigOfTheHut

Kate upton really isn't that good looking, her tits are distracting, and her cheeks are way too rounded, she needs to lose some weight to truly be a supermodel.

Art

Grave_Intent
I definitely don't think MMH is OP. He can be dealt with by anti zoning characters quite easily (ie..Ares, Batgirl and Raven ect..). As far as Zod goes I think he never should have been played by a Pig...LOL JK @AK Pig Of The Hut

Art

Grave_Intent
Kate upton really isn't that good looking, her tits are distracting, and her cheeks are way too rounded, she needs to lose some weight to truly be a supermodel.
I'll say this much about Kate Upton, if she were to get toned and a little buff, dye her hair black, and take some acting classes she'd make a great Wounder Woman.
Also...