What's new

Two fighters, which is easy to make a top with patch

They needs patch?

• Total voters

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Johnny's anti-air is so fucking horrible outside of Stunt Double. Sick of having to MB flipkick + eat a jump kick just to anti air.

Kano has a lot of bugs going on. He dont need buffs, just fixes. Kano already has a fine move set. Some parts could be tuned but honestly, Kano is by far the best character design in terms of BALANCE. You have different variations to give Kano an edge in essential areas so we dont get fighters like Shinnok with insane zoning, standing resets and shit. Just make Kano more reliable, thats all

A lot of the lower mid characters are in a position where a small careless buff can change them big time. It'll be safer to nerf the top tier instead.
Not necessarily. You can only nerf the top tier but so much. Most of the top tiers just have such a superior toolset that you'd have to go out of your way to MAKE them worse.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I think Kano is a Solid character, I really do. He just needs fixes and small tweaks. My 3rd draft of changes for Kano.

Universal
  • 112 string has a slightly increased vertical hitbox. It will no longer whiff on certain crouch blocking characters.
  • Up Ball has a decreased hurtbox, giving it priority over air attacks. (It will now beat Kung Jin's NJP, Scorpions air kick, etc) Up Ball is something that NEEDS to make jump happy players think twice about jumping in on Kano. Kano NEEDS something to make players respect him and play by HIS game for once. I've had it happen WAY too many times where even MB Up Ball was getting beat out by shit like Kung Jin's NJP and Scorpion's air attacks, no way should that happen in my opinion.
  • b13 now does 8% more damage, up from 6%
  • 32 now +2 on block, up from -1
Commando:
  • Choke +10 on hit, up from -5
  • Strangle +10 on hit, up from +5
  • Choke and Strangle no longer whiff after f33 on hit
  • Fixed damage on 32, it now does the same damage as it does in the other variations. 10% damage, up from 7% damage. This means 32 1+3 will now do 21% instead of 18%.
  • The command grabs no longer whiffing on certain combo strings and specials
  • Rib Strike does 18% damage, up from 16%
  • Rib Breaker does 21% damage, up from 19%
  • Power Slam does 19% damage, up from 17%
  • Power Bomb does 22 % damage, up from 20%.
Cutthroat:
  • b1's hitbox slightly extended horizontally
  • Bloody Slice now has a hit of armor.
  • 32 hit properties are now like Commando's, it will keep the opponent standing instead of launching them.
Cybernetic:
  • b23 does 10% damage, up from 8%
  • Eye Burst does 8% damage, up from 6%
  • Eye Blast does 11% damage, up from 9%
  • Knife Toss -6 on block
  • Multi Blades +10 on block
  • 32 hit properties are now like Commando's, it will keep the opponent standing instead of launching them.

I think with 32 being safer on block and Commando's Wood Chipper doing 21%, it will finally make up for Commando lacking combos. Also with 32 in Cyber and Cutthroat now behaving like Commando's 32, it gives Kano slightly better combos because 32 > Laser could be a thing now. It also floats the opponent a bit during combos allowing Kano to do combo starter into 32 juggle and follow up with another 32, b13, etc into combo ender.

Dean

On The Grind
I think Kano is a Solid character, I really do. He just needs fixes and small tweaks. My 3rd draft of changes for Kano.

Universal
  • 112 string has a slightly increased vertical hitbox. It will no longer whiff on certain crouch blocking characters.
  • Up Ball has a decreased hurtbox, giving it priority over air attacks. (It will now beat Kung Jin's NJP, Scorpions air kick, etc) Up Ball is something that NEEDS to make jump happy players think twice about jumping in on Kano. Kano NEEDS something to make players respect him and play by HIS game for once. I've had it happen WAY too many times where even MB Up Ball was getting beat out by shit like Kung Jin's NJP and Scorpion's air attacks, no way should that happen in my opinion.
  • b13 now does 8% more damage, up from 6%
  • 32 now +2 on block, up from -1
Commando:
  • Choke +10 on hit, up from -5
  • Strangle +10 on hit, up from +5
  • Choke and Strangle no longer whiff after f33 on hit
  • Fixed damage on 32, it now does the same damage as it does in the other variations. 10% damage, up from 7% damage. This means 32 1+3 will now do 21% instead of 18%.
  • The command grabs no longer whiffing on certain combo strings and specials
  • Rib Strike does 18% damage, up from 16%
  • Rib Breaker does 21% damage, up from 19%
  • Power Slam does 19% damage, up from 17%
  • Power Bomb does 22 % damage, up from 20%.
Cutthroat:
  • b1's hitbox slightly extended horizontally
  • Bloody Slice now has a hit of armor.
Cybernetic:
  • b23 does 10% damage, up from 8%
  • Eye Burst does 8% damage, up from 6%
  • Eye Blast does 11% damage, up from 9%
  • Knife Toss -6 on block
  • Multi Blades +10 on block

I think with 32 being safer on block and Commando's Wood Chipper doing 21%, it will finally make up for Commando lacking combos. Also with 32 in Cyber and Cutthroat now behaving like Commando's 32, it gives Kano slightly better combos because 32 > Laser could be a thing now. It also floats the opponent a bit during combos allowing Kano to do combo starter into 32 juggle and follow up with another 32, b13, etc into combo ender.
This I can get behind. I really just want him to be given some love, he needs it.

I really do wish cyber had at least one viable OH starter, but, probably won't happen.

The hitbox on his OH needs to be better though, its awful. Just awful.

I'm just sour that many chatacters have like 5 OH's to go along with 3 lows.

Kano has 0 OH and 2 lows (only one being viable) in cyber.

Lame, as, hell.

Also, his up laser is probably one of the biggest steaming piles of crap moves in the game. It is awful.

His damage output is lacking by a lot throughout these variations.

Cutthroat dmg buff takes way to much health from Kano, IMO.

Anyway.. I hope they AT least fix the bugs and glitches throughout his game, they can be really crippling a lot of the time. Especially against certain characters.