What's new

Tourney Rule Changes I'd like to see.

Vagrant

Noob
The following is ALL OPINION. I'm not trying to start a flame war so please chill....

After watching the Kabal glitch REO posted I honestly think enough is enough regarding certain exploits in this game.

I barely ever whine on the boards here.. Anyone who knows me knows that and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but I think tournaments should ban a few obnoxious exploits in this game.

Kabals block before 2nd round madness..
Cyraxs reset
Smokes reset
Jaxs reset
Smokes invis glitch

There are plenty of other tactics that could be considered "exploits" in this game that I haven't included that I don't think are as grossly detrimental to the competitive MK scene as the ones I've listed. These characters I've listed above don't need it... I'm sorry... They don't...

Why do tournaments allow this stuff? What if we said "Hey listen in ____ amount of days this shit will no longer be allowed so take this time to retrain your muscle memory to not use it"

Is it that obnoxious of a request?

Feedback is welcome I wanna know what you guys think of this. I'm not salty i'm just trying to be logical about this stuff... Let me know if I'm out of line...

peachyO

Noob
i agree. it just makes MK look bad as a game that these exploits are in it, especially considering how many there are. i feel mk would be taken much more seriously as a tournament game if the playing field was leveled a bit. i'm cool with tiers, and i'm not crying for perfect balance...but seriously, a game of 32 characters has become a game of 7. i feel the mark of a truly great game is when there is enough balance to where a truly skilled player has a reasonable chance of winning with any character. the ones you mentioned are all very solid in their movesets and IMO do not need these exploits as well.