What's new

Toryuken! Mortal Kombat 9 Top 8 is set; 7v7 US vs Canada Tonight!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A great turnout for Mortal Kombat 9 at Toryuken which is being held in Toronto, Canada by Toronto Top Tiers' NeoRussell. We have some great and exciting new concerning this event as well as a little treat for tonight! Since the Top 8 has been determined and will be streamed tomorrow from 4PM-6PM via the main stream we can go ahead and tell you who we will be seeing face off tomorrow!

Also, tonight! They will be running a 7V7 with Team USA (VSM) vs Team Canada tonight at 9PM via stream 1 or stream 2, we're unsure at this time, however just tune in around UPDATED TIME 9:30PM tonight to catch the 7V7 action!

tory.jpg

mk9scheduledetail.jpg

Toryuken, Mortal Kombat 9 Top 8: To be streamed Sunday 5/20/12 at 4PM - 6PM via Main Stream

Winners
  • vVv REO (Kabal)
  • NeoRussell (Jade/Kitana)
  • VSM Maxter (Sektor)
  • Milky Situation (Reptile)
Losers
  • xSMOKEx (Smoke)
  • VSM Insuperable (Quan Chi)
  • EG Justin Wong (Raiden)
  • W1nter Warz (Cyrax)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice to see jade in top 8, will try catch the 7v7

good variety of chars in top 8 there which nice to see also

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Ah sweet NeoRussel in winners bracket! My favourite Jade player that I've seen, won't blame him if he mainly goes with Kitty in these finals but still, much respect to the guy. Enjoy watching him play.

Pretty crazy that Justin Wong is through purely on fundementals. Just caught the last match before the stream ended tonight and he really doesn't know how to capitalise his combos with Raiden, plus he sure does like to jump a lot, but he still manages the win just with good footsies and pokes. I'm not a huge fan, but gotta give him credit where credit is due.

So what happened with TakeAChance? It seemed like he was pretty hyped about going to this, is there any footage of him playing before he got knocked out?

Ah sweet NeoRussel in winners bracket! My favourite Jade player that I've seen, won't blame him if he mainly goes with Kitty in these finals but still, much respect to the guy. Enjoy watching him play.

Pretty crazy that Justin Wong is through purelybecause canadians suck at fighting games. Just caught the last match before the stream ended tonight and he really doesn't know how to capitalise his combos with Raiden, plus he sure does like to jump a lot, but he still manages the win just with good footsies and pokes. I'm not a huge fan, but gotta give him credit where credit is due.

So what happened with TakeAChance? It seemed like he was pretty hyped about going to this, is there any footage of him playing before he got knocked out?
Fixed. Pretty lame tourny, AE is saving it.

SZSR

Noob
I like to see NeoRussell getting up in the brackets and i'm glad to see RM_Smoke up there in the top 8. Also props to consistent players like REO and Maxter, I feel like the community starts to expect them to get in the top seating and overall praise for these players goes down, which I consider a shame, props to them.

Nice and varied top 8.

How many entrants were there? I heard SFxT 2v2 only got 11 teams (22 players), but AE had 120 and MVC3 had 160. Where'd MK come in?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't know who to root for here...

i guess reo/maxter/milky/soup/w1nter. any of those win and i'll be happy