What's new

Toryuken MKX Testers, "We'll take it as a challenge and send Americans back crying", says NeoRussell

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yesterday, discussion erupted regarding the topic of possibly banning those who tested Mortal Kombat X for NetherRealm Studios. While some believed that the testers should be banned or at least wait it out when Mortal Kombat X first drops because of their testing advantage, others wanted to let it rock.

Needless to say, the topic quickly reached close to 300 replies already. Well, last night Toryuken tournament organizer @NeoRussell made a tournament thread for Toryuken: Stronghold, which will take place about one month after Mortal Kombat X's release. In it, he had this to say:

"With regards to the discussion about MKX testers being banned, TORYUKEN will not ban them from entering the tournament. The fairness factor definitely takes into account here because there is a slight advantage regardless if people see it or not. I'm not gonna argue, I am just gonna listen to Canadian community. They want american mk blood and we don't care whether they created, tested, designed or even had the game for a long time. We will take this as a challenge and make sure you send Americans back crying. So bring it. We will be ready to protect our north."

toryuken.jpg

Original thread: NeoRussell's thread via Testers possibly banned

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
This is exactly what this community needs more of. I hope everyone gets this thirsty. I hope everyone gets this hype. Let's make the tournament scene professional, inclusive, and vocal this time around. WHO'S NEXT?

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
Russell is such a kind and funny dude. He would give top players a true hell of a time with.... MK9 Jade

Shady

Noob
Russell is such a kind and funny dude. He would give top players a true hell of a time with.... MK9 Jade
Russell is the best. He has had this community on his back for ages. I regretted so much not getting into Injustice because that means I haven't been a part of the scene for like 2 years. He makes this what it is and it is great to be coming back to it with MKX.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Good clean fighting spirit. I like it. That said we have a month post drop? That's enough to close any "gaps" I'd assume. Like I said in that other thread I'm totally fine in any game letting testers play. I play tekken and Asia usually gets a full year of play on us with a new game before it drops in the USA or EU. Good example T7 is the tekken at EVO this year. We have no official release here at all, we can play it at a few events but that's it. We still choose to fight >:)

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Maybe I should head up to Toryuken now. I've never been outside of the US before :)
Process your passport!!! like now like right now!!! sooon this week!! that shit takes a while and you have to have it before you go to canada. Its also like a 100 bucks to process but now you can travel outside the US!! Next stop
I second this. Don't wait til the last minute to get your passport ready. That's the #1 excuse for people not coming lol.

This is probably for the best; all kinds of people are going to get the game a week early at mom and pop shops and will be going in hard with their potential mains for that week, unlike the testers who aren't focusing like that. I'd be more worried about those guys.