Top Tiers for every Mortal Kombat game o_O

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Was kabal unchanged from MK3 to UMK3?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
They nerfed unmasked Sub Zero's ice clone, and Cyrax's net speed and bombs, but they also added bullshit ass ninjas in UMK3.

MK3 is my favorite MK of all time--I don't care that it's broken--in part because it's the only MK game that has no horizontal teleport, and the only vertical teleport from top to bottom(Shiva's) can be dodged, and isn't as much of an annoying nuisance as Mileena's version. The teleports make more sense in MK3 than in any other MK game ever made. UMK3 added the teleport ninjas and they became top tier(no surpirse), and they also added air starters which strengthened the pressure game of certain characters. MK3 allows you to zone like MK2, but gives you the versatility of the run button imo.
This x1000000

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@R.E.O. hey can you explain why some of the characters in MK3 weren't top tier in umk3? I thought only cyrax kabal and sub got toned down. Why isn't jax and kano top still?
Was kabal unchanged from MK3 to UMK3?
USub's 6-hit damage was nerfed due to the Jump Punch Starters along with Kabal if you use the launcher.
USub's clone can only be used away from his opponent and not on top of them.
Kabal's Groundsaw now disappears if Kabal is hit even if it is one frame from hitting, plus it no longer grants a combo on counter hit (hit?)
Jax now has a disable timer on his missiles so he can't spam them one after another, it was literally impossible for some characters to get in on him and you could not jump over them ever due to his dash punch.
Kano and Nightwolf are still top tier in UMK3 because they went virtually unchanged, however the new characters came in and took over a bunch of the top spots pushing them down.

I agree with @gamemk in how MK3 was great because it played like MK2 with footsies and spacing but had a run button. It was an amazing game despite some broken shit. UMK3 addressed a lot of it, but the retarded teleporting ninjas who can now get out of corners for free (why they didn't keep the MKII Scorpion style cornered and can't escape with TP is beyond me) came in and took over.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
and just for fun most dominant characters in their game

dairou mkd most power full character in mk history lol his matchups numbers look like this

jade 8-2

bo rai cho 6-4
nood-smoke 7-3
nightwolf 9-1
kenshi 8-2
kira 9-1
liu kang 9-1
ermac 8-2
sub zero 9-1
scorpion 8-2
kabal 9-1
kobra 8-2
havic 9-1
Baraka 9-1
wow, didn't know people played mkd like that, it's cool though darrius i thought was a decent character out of the new bunch that was there

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
@R.E.O. Is the MKA list with or without community rules?
Also funny side note, I believe they actually "toned" Kabal down from MK3 to UMK3, it's interesting to see how a nerfed character is still the best in the next iteration when you say he was 3rd.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
@R.E.O. Is the MKA list with or without community rules?
Also funny side note, I believe they actually "toned" Kabal down from MK3 to UMK3, it's interesting to see how a nerfed character is still the best in the next iteration when you say he was 3rd.
The MKA list is considering rules. Otherwise you'd see Blaze, Moloch, and Jade on the list. Of course without rules the entire list might then change up to reflect who has the easiest time landing a pop-up into an Air-Cancel infinite.

Vs raiden? If you say anything wore than 6-4, please have an explanation come with it..

By the way, sup old bud :)
sup bro
raiden most have been another 8-2 and at best 7-3.... did you play mkd? if you did not just imagine a special move that is unblockble , startup at like 9 frames for a full combo hits in all directions at full screen which mean the only way to avoid it is buy jumping... now imagine a move like this in a game in which characters can not jump over projectiles because jumps are very low and if you get hit in mid air you take more damage... oh and he had a fast projectile so he could 50/50 you from any where in the screen taking very low risk or not risk at all... he had the most broken zoning game ever

in what system will you play mkx ?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Quit being Tier Whores, might as well have MK only have 3 characters in each game since mostly everybody is not gonna use the rest of teh cast. smh.

wow, didn't know people played mkd like that, it's cool though darrius i thought was a decent character out of the new bunch that was there
in reality mkd was the game that start the mk community we have to day. without the mkd online scene there wouldn't have been a tym even when tym was created about 4 years later lol i say this because mkd introduce so many of us into competitive gaming even when there was not tourney for the game back then it was all about clan wars and first to 10 to see who was the best.

the funny thing is that nobody was crying about how broken 70% of the cast was we will play the game and level up and even when the game had so many BS we played it for 2 year until mka came out

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
in reality mkd was the game that start the mk community we have to day. without the mkd online scene there wouldn't have been a tym even when tym was created about 4 years later lol i say this because mkd introduce so many of us into competitive gaming even when there was not tourney for the game back then it was all about clan wars and first to 10 to see who was the best.

the funny thing is that nobody was crying about how broken 70% of the cast was we will play the game and level up and even when the game had so many BS we played it for 2 year until mka came out
thats pretty cool to know

Error

DF2+R2

I was actually reading through the Netherealm closed threads from 8 years ago and laughing at how far this site has come along.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
sup bro
raiden most have been another 8-2 and at best 7-3.... did you play mkd? if you did not just imagine a special move that is unblockble , startup at like 9 frames for a full combo hits in all directions at full screen which mean the only way to avoid it is buy jumping... now imagine a move like this in a game in which characters can not jump over projectiles because jumps are very low and if you get hit in mid air you take more damage... oh and he had a fast projectile so he could 50/50 you from any where in the screen taking very low risk or not risk at all... he had the most broken zoning game ever

in what system will you play mkx ?
I'll more than likey play on xb, or maybe both

I played mkd during its last year and some change on xb.. Xb side didn't have any strong Dai's.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
and just for fun most dominant characters in their game

dairou mkd most power full character in mk history lol his matchups numbers look like this

jade 8-2

bo rai cho 6-4
nood-smoke 7-3
nightwolf 9-1
kenshi 8-2
kira 9-1
liu kang 9-1
ermac 8-2
sub zero 9-1
scorpion 8-2
kabal 9-1
kobra 8-2
havic 9-1
Baraka 9-1
this is the only time you will ever hear of kabal getting 9-1 in mus

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I think some of you should start listening to IP addresses instead of randomly accusing me of being certain members. I think you've all lost your privilege to excuse me of someone ever since I was harassed on months end for allegedly being Compbros

All culminating in a bathroom with Tom Brady saying "Compbros man...I can't believe you're real, I always thought you were REO". I, to this day, find it hilarious that people thought I was an alt and the first person to say that REO thing was Tom Brady while we were pissing.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I think some of you should start listening to IP addresses instead of randomly accusing me of being certain members. I think you've all lost your privilege to excuse me of someone ever since I was harassed on months end for allegedly being Compbros and then another time where I got banned for no reason other than because Derptile signed up on TYM with the account name "REO" and players were adamant in claiming they "thought it was me". :p
Welcome to the world of being a top MK player. Trolling and fanboys come with the territory.
Thus why we play under alts.
I remember when I trained you in MK2 you were under an alt, so obviously you're aware of how people can be if you they know who you are.

Why are you putting Kitana above Nightwolf in UMK3? Because of @NoDoubt 's Kitana?
I thought Kabal, H.Smoke, and Lao were pretty much the undisputed top 3.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I can see the same sort of mechanics as mk9 in mkx but with a run option and it all being allot faster. When I watched raiden play from the french guys, I could see the teleport version of raiden having the same footsie game. If his teleport 2 and 1's don't have significant frame advantage, then that version of raiden will suffer the same was he did in mk9, and hopefully he has mid hitting strings that are faster and can't be armoured through by the whole top cast. I can't wait to break this game down, and hopefully people will be prepared to listen to me. Also @R.E.O. This tier list seems perfect. I think Cyrax at 3rd and KL bumped down to 5th below sonya was the right choice, even though she alone never won any majors, sonic fox always backed it up with Mileena I guess.