What's new

General/Other Top 5 Special Moves in MK2

What's the Best Special Move in MK2

• Total voters

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Hopefully the November MK2 tournament will bring some more people into MK2 again, and so I figured I'd do another Top 5 List. This time we're going to discuss the most powerful Specials in the game:

5. Kitana's Fan Raise-
The best air-anti move in MK2, Kitana's Fan Raise is truly something to fear. At it's best, it sets up 100%+ infinite combos. More realistically though, it still sets up a jump kick/air fan throw/square wave punch which takes 49% off opponents. With analogs the Fan Raise can be done from crouch and from walk-forward. Catch someone in a corner with it and you can knock 70%+ off their health bar.

4. Mileena's Roll-
What's the reason you can never feel safe against this broken bitch? (luvvv you, Mil)
Her Roll.
It comes out of nowhere, is super fast, and usually can be combo-ed with a jump kick or a jump punch/air sai afterwards. It's instrumental in her 100%+ infinite combos and is deadly when you score one in a corner, giving you lots of combo options. And analog walk-forward Rolls are extremely nasty.

3. Liu Kang's High/Air Fireball-
Most people would probably think Liu's low fireball is the better of the two. But the low fireball leaves Liu hanging in his animation pose long enough to get punished. The High Fireball on the other hand has hardly any projectile animation freeze. Your opponent has only the smallest window of time to punish you while Liu's in High FB pose. Add to that the fact this move can be done in the air (and spammed relentlessly with analogs) and you can shut down many characters with just Liu's High/Air Fireballs alone.

2. Jax's Ground Pound-
This move would not be as broken as it is, if not for two major factors- MGPS, and animation time. Jax's Ground Pound comes out very fast, and you don't have a lot of time to punish him before he can safely block. Imagine if he stayed in his Pounding pose as long as Liu stays in his Low Fireball? And MGPs (Multiple Ground Pounds) are one of the craziest glitches in MK2. Perfect MGPs, and you can spam Ground Pounds without having to charge the move in between the next.
With just this special move alone, Jax can easily beat many characters in the game.

1. Mileena's Sai-
Simply put, this is the reason Mileena is #1 in MK2. Her Sai can be spammed easier/faster than any other special in the game, on the ground but more specifically, in the air.
Only Liu's Fireballs come close to the shut-down factor a mix-up of her Sai can provide.
Merely the greatest Cage/Reptile players will have a shot at surviving a spamming Mileena, and she takes down higher tier players like Kitana and Jax pretty well with her Sai as well.
With the Sai spam and the Roll, Mileena attacks you from all areas of the battlefield and with sickening speed.

Alright guys, your turn to vote and discuss....

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Liu Kang's bicycle kick, simple, cuz i love how it looks :cool:.
It's definitely up there, probably would be my #6 or #7 if I continued the list.

I think I'd put Shang's morphing ability at #6 though just because it is a huge part of why he can hang with any character.