• Shang's Kintaro Morph

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • NONE OF THESE, ugh!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
FINISH HIM!! FINISH HER!!
It's pretty laughable to think that the fatalities from the early MK games caused such a stir.
Video game "violence" was pretty tame back then, but still had many concerned parent groups up in arms.
Personally, it's pretty ridiculous if you think Mileena eating a dude and spitting out 15 rib bones is gory. But to each his own!
Let's take a look at my pick for best MK2 fatals:

5. Liu Kang's Dragon Biter

Probably the most iconic fatality of MK2, no list is complete without Liu's Dragon Biter on it.
Liu summons the strength of his ancestors (or his MK3 Animality?), transforms into a dragon, and bites the loser in half. The animation for Liu morphing into the dragon is pretty bad ass.
And because of his lame other fatality, the Dragon Biter just seems that much cooler.

4. Kung Lao's Hat Slice

My vote for the goriest fatality in MK2 comes from the ever-so noble Kung Lao.
With one fell swoop, Lao slices his opponent from head to toe, turning them into what looks like a bloody caterpillar. When the MK2 actors were shooting the digitized images for this fatality, they were told to act like they were a banana peeling.
I was always surprised this splitting in half fatality animation wasn't used for more than just Lao. Could have easily gave Baraka the same type of fatality instead of his Head Decapitator.

3. Kitana's Kiss Of Death

What a way to go- getting kissed by Kitana. Bloat like a balloon and pop guts everywhere...
I've seen it tens of thousands of times. And I still laugh my ass off when I see Johnny Cage turn into an Oompah Loompah and explode. Like Lao's Hat Slice, Kitana's Kiss Of Death features animation unique to her fatality only. This wasn't the first, nor the last, Kiss Of Death type fatal in an MK game. But I consider it the best by far.

2. Reptile's Tongue Lash

The green ninja unmasks himself, and eats his opponent's head Yoshi-style. BEE-boo!
Wait! No! He doesn't make Yoshi noises, he says "MMMMM!" and rubs his tum-tum.
This fatality was absolutely the coolest thing ever at the arcades when I was a 12 year old.
And I still get that warm feeling in MY tum-tum when I see it today. Only 1 fatality can beat it in the coolness factor for me....

1. Shang Tsung's Kintaro Morph

Shang got THREE fatalities....and this third one is truly special.
The thing is a bitch to pull off- you have to hold Low Punch for 30 seconds.
This disallows you from shooting skulls, and/or morphing into certain other fighters.
But if you can pull it off you will be rewarded with the most dramatic fatal in MK2.
Shang morphs into the sub-boss beast Kintaro, roars, and then punches the upper half of his victim clear across the arena. EPIC!!

Vote for yours!

Tim Static

Adminerator
What? Holding a button for the duration doesn't the actual fatality better! lol opinions are opinions tho :)

1. Lao's Hat Slice was the best fatality ever until they did the buzz saw in Shaolin Monks & again in MK9. Love it.

2. Kang's Dragon was so cool. Seeing it for the first time was jaw dropping, and it still holds up. Great idea, especially since his terrible MK1 fatality was done AGAIN in MK2 too -_-

3. Baraka's impale was awesome because it was prolonged and it made your opponent suffer a bit.

4. Reptile's head snack was very good too. Comical but a great fit for the idea of the character.

5. Kitana's kiss was just nasty. Classic stuff!

Honorable mention: Scorpion's spear slice. MOST OVERRATED FATALITY EVER! & Shang's soul steal. nasty!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Laos Hat slice changed my life, and solidified this as one of my favorite games of all time.

Baraka's 2 bladed stab and letting them slide down is a fav of mine as well.

Cage ripping them in half an straight body spiking them is awesome. His face is priceless.

But my favorite is reptiles yummy fatality

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think Kung Lao's was the best. But for some reason I really always enjoyed the Cage fatality where he knocks 3 heads off. I always thought that was so swag.