What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Thoughts on these Sub-Zero Buffs? (Community feedback please?)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
You're wasting your time. This thread will be hijacked by people who are free to Sub Zero and complain about the community being too vocal despite the fact that this is all within the segregated Sub Zero forum that they don't ever need to interact with. Prepare for an influx of dumbasses, it always happens.

As far as the topic is concerned, honestly I just want to see them do some kind of workaround with this breathing hitbox stuff for the EX Klone. Seems like total nonsense from a balance point of view.
I don't play Unbreakable or Cryomancer that much so I don't feel qualified enough to start suggesting or agreeing with changes on those variations but I have heard that they are noticeably worse than GM, so I guess it would be nice for NRS to take a look at them.
i am a long time fan of Sub Zero, he has been my guy since MK1, i use Grandmaster because i like the clone, i do feel his clone needs to stay on block. it doesnt feel like sub without it, keep in mind he isnt my main, i also play Erron Black, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin-shaolin, Reptile, Goro, Quan, and Shinnok, Cassie, and jacqui shotgun.

when i play those other characters i play against alot of sub zeros....what people should realize is Sub is strong to a point but his grand master is a little on the low side of the tier list imo, most people play on lag and get beat by a guy sliding and using B2 for OH alo9ng with B33 for safe freeze, and they think that sub is broken. this is not the case, honestly think about it, all those moves but one are low attacks, meaning all you have to do is watch and block low or high, not very hard, i might add, with erron i can NJP subs WU slide and pop em up for a F22 DBF2 punish for ok damage for a wu punish.

instead of hating on subs you should hate on yourself for not labing it up enough to block what is very eazy to block. he dont have true 50/50's i mean comne on no, LOW-OH starters or OH to LOWs. he isnt erron,sonya,jax,cassie,jacqui,kotal,scorpion, mileena,

he needs some buffs to ward of bruisers like cassie and sonya

MK_Al

Noob
i am a long time fan of Sub Zero, he has been my guy since MK1, i use Grandmaster because i like the clone, i do feel his clone needs to stay on block. it doesnt feel like sub without it, keep in mind he isnt my main, i also play Erron Black, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin-shaolin, Reptile, Goro, Quan, and Shinnok, Cassie, and jacqui shotgun.

when i play those other characters i play against alot of sub zeros....what people should realize is Sub is strong to a point but his grand master is a little on the low side of the tier list imo, most people play on lag and get beat by a guy sliding and using B2 for OH alo9ng with B33 for safe freeze, and they think that sub is broken. this is not the case, honestly think about it, all those moves but one are low attacks, meaning all you have to do is watch and block low or high, not very hard, i might add, with erron i can NJP subs WU slide and pop em up for a F22 DBF2 punish for ok damage for a wu punish.

instead of hating on subs you should hate on yourself for not labing it up enough to block what is very eazy to block. he dont have true 50/50's i mean comne on no, LOW-OH starters or OH to LOWs. he isnt erron,sonya,jax,cassie,jacqui,kotal,scorpion, mileena,

he needs some buffs to ward of bruisers like cassie and sonya
Well, first off, the SZ community should stop the whole "people are hating on SZ" - BS. Except for a handful of people nobody "hates" on the char. What some people hate though is SZ players that demand the right to cage oponents in the corner and to put the clone out whenever possible for free. And of course the permanent downplaying.
SZ has a 50/50 of b2 and b33, and you can hardly react to that. Even more, b33 is very hard to punish because you can not tell if SZ is going for b3, b33 or b33xxiceball. So both starters together are a really goo tool. You can not react to the slide if done from the right distance. The corner game of GM is ridiculously good, and his footsies are without a doubt top 5. GM is not broken the way he is at the moment, but overall a strong character. Except for bug fixes - if there are any - he just needs no help. The problem with the breathing hitboxes is stupid, and if there's a fix for it, then it should be done.
I have a really strong SZ player in my offline community that I play on a regular basis, and all I can say is that you need good footsies to be good with this character.
Stating "you just have to block low" is somehow funny. Is Tempest KL weak because "just block high"?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Well, first off, the SZ community should stop the whole "people are hating on SZ" - BS. Except for a handful of people nobody "hates" on the char. What some people hate though is SZ players that demand the right to cage oponents in the corner and to put the clone out whenever possible for free. And of course the permanent downplaying.
SZ has a 50/50 of b2 and b33, and you can hardly react to that. Even more, b33 is very hard to punish because you can not tell if SZ is going for b3, b33 or b33xxiceball. So both starters together are a really goo tool. You can not react to the slide if done from the right distance. The corner game of GM is ridiculously good, and his footsies are without a doubt top 5. GM is not broken the way he is at the moment, but overall a strong character. Except for bug fixes - if there are any - he just needs no help. The problem with the breathing hitboxes is stupid, and if there's a fix for it, then it should be done.
I have a really strong SZ player in my offline community that I play on a regular basis, and all I can say is that you need good footsies to be good with this character.
Stating "you just have to block low" is somehow funny. Is Tempest KL weak because "just block high"?
How in the hell is SZ top 5 in the game with footsies "without a doubt"...? His footsies are strong, but top 5 is grossly over-exaggerating them.

MK_Al

Noob
How in the hell is SZ top 5 in the game with footsies "without a doubt"...? His footsies are strong, but top 5 is grossly over-exaggerating them.
great backdash, good advancing strings, great d4. Ice clone. b3/b2. I correct the "top 5", this discussion is fruitless anyway from both sides. But still great footsies.

General Stuff:
  • Fix b+3,3/f+3,3 so it either hits midscreen vs everyone or corner only
Cryo:
  • Fix the hitbox on EX Hammer so it hits more consistently vs. jump-ins
  • Make Air Hammer actually useful (safe on block?)
  • Gain more meter on f+4,2,1+3 on hit
  • Less -frames after blocked Ice Hammer
GM
  • Fix the hitboxes on Ice Clone
Unbreakable:
  • Ice Parry should work vs jump-ins
  • Give Ice Aura a slight damage buff or continuous damage a'la Noxious Reptile
  • Give him Ice Burst d,b+1, change Aura to d,d+1

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
WOW... so you consider requesting bug fixes for SZ to be downplaying??? Just get out!
"you can hardly react to b2/b33 or slide" if that is true then dude I dunno how to break this to you but you have the reactions of a damn snail.
You complain about the downplaying but you don't hold any bars when it comes to saying "true facts" like SZ footsies are Top 5...lol up play much???

MK_Al

Noob
WOW... so you consider requesting bug fixes for SZ to be downplaying??? Just get out!
"you can hardly react to b2/b33 or slide" if that is true then dude I dunno how to break this to you but you have the reactions of a damn snail.
You complain about the downplaying but you don't hold any bars when it comes to saying "true facts" like SZ footsies are Top 5...lol up play much???
1 - read again
Except for bug fixes - if there are any - he just needs no help. The problem with the breathing hitboxes is stupid, and if there's a fix for it, then it should be done.
2 - post your results
http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

3 - go on reading
I correct the "top 5"

You can react to a 6f slide? Yeah no

protools27

Rebel without a scene
he doesn't meant that. of course you won't get punished if you block. but it's kinda stupid imo that you have to block after a combo ender against certain characters.
Tell me why I should be punished for finishing a combo in Cryomancer
Punished for making a move thats how.
Then he should word it better, as it stands @DarksydeDash is spilling misinformation. The move is neutral on block, so there is no way your getting punished for it. If your so called getting punished for making a move, then don't move. You read Lao is gonna ex spin after? Block and full combo punish. Now Lao has wasted a bar, and you've conditioned him to not use ex spin in that situation. Lao is a bad example anyway, as almost all chars in the cast have to pay him a bit of extra respect due to the threat of spin. You think kotal is going to poke after? I'm assuming armored slide would beat that out, or you could block the poke, now kotal is between -5 to -10 depending on the pole and its your turn again. For the record I do think the ender could be more advantageous on hit, something like +3, similar to Cassie's regular nut punch, but saying you can't use the ender because it gets punished by some char is BS

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yeah I forgot that we gave SZ's a 6 frame armored combo starter, 50% damage combos, and some of the best block strings in the game, and we have Kung Lao Ice Clones and Slide.

Two different characters. This logic is retarded.

great backdash, good advancing strings, great d4. Ice clone. b3/b2. I correct the "top 5", this discussion is fruitless anyway from both sides. But still great footsies.
Mostly just from your side dude

1 - read again

2 - post your results
http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

3 - go on reading
I was actually yet to see this until now. Someone posting a reaction time tester in lieu of an argument, to prove that they know best. Holy fuck. You are literally dumb as a rock and your opinion on anything fighting game related should be ignored by everyone.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
You're wasting your time. This thread will be hijacked by people who are free to Sub Zero and complain about the community being too vocal despite the fact that this is all within the segregated Sub Zero forum that they don't ever need to interact with. Prepare for an influx of dumbasses, it always happens.

As far as the topic is concerned, honestly I just want to see them do some kind of workaround with this breathing hitbox stuff for the EX Klone. Seems like total nonsense from a balance point of view.
I don't play Unbreakable or Cryomancer that much so I don't feel qualified enough to start suggesting or agreeing with changes on those variations but I have heard that they are noticeably worse than GM, so I guess it would be nice for NRS to take a look at them.
It doesn't help when people make requests like this:
Honorable Mentions:

-Clone toss can be meter burned for armor

-Ice Aura becomes 2n1 cancelable

-Cryomancer gains new ice dagger projectile

- Frost Hammer becomes dash cancelable

-No Pushback on clone shatter

- Ice Clone returns to not disappearing on block

-Ice Clone can be performed in the air

-Ice Aura recovers 5% health at the start of its activation

-Air frost Hammer hits low fullscreen

-D2 in Cryomancer becomes 9 frames (down from 13)

-Cold Blooded string steals meter from the opponent

-While in Ice Aura, ice ball gains its enhanced properties without spending a bar.
Then goes on to say that a move that's neutral on hit gets punished, which is straight bullshit, then won't even respond when he's called out on said bullshit. I have nothing against sub zero, but I do dislike when people make ridiculous requests in threads, then state false information, all the while telling people they don't know anything about the character.

Facepalm... you don't need to react to the slide up close genius... no decent SZ main would do slide point blank because there's way better options to use at close range.
Where do you people even come from?
The stupid shit that scrubs say about SZ is just mind numbing.
The guy I quoted specifically used slide as an option. Context, doofus. And get at me on PSN if you think you're dope, ItzStrizzMatik instead of popping off like a moron... scrub.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
It doesn't help when people make requests like this:

Then goes on to say that a move that's neutral on hit gets punished, which is straight bullshit, then won't even respond when he's called out on said bullshit. I have nothing against sub zero, but I do dislike when people make ridiculous requests in threads, then state false information, all the while telling people they don't know anything about the character.
I said pretty much punished in the OP, i didnt reply because I busy. Sorry for having a life outside the internet.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I said pretty much punished in the OP, i didnt reply because I busy. Sorry for having a life outside the internet.
If you'll look above, the post I tagged you in quoted situations where you were saying you were getting flat out punished, but just in case you missed it, I'll quote it again
Tell me why I should be punished for finishing a combo in Cryomancer.
You also posted about 4 times after I tagged you asking how you were getting punished, all of which were ignored. Let me guess you just missed those, but saw this? Staph. There's no such thing as being pretty much punished lol, your either punished or you not

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
If you'll look above, the post I tagged you in quoted situations where you were saying you were getting flat out punished, but just in case you missed it, I'll quote it again

You also posted about 4 times after I tagged you asking how you were getting punished, all of which were ignored. Let me guess you just missed those, but saw this? Staph. There's no such thing as being pretty much punished lol, your either punished or you not
ive had iver 20 notifications from this thread so you "stahp."

I don't like the way Tom Brady chose to address SZ problems, but at least his suggestions are reasonable.

2 hits to break Ice clone will definitely help Sub Zero and, while we're at it, let's add a new punchwalk-like move for it that goes fullscreen and does a military stance-like mix up on you.

I mean, at first i wanted IC to be an unblockable move, but we don't want it to be overpowered, right?

MK_Al

Noob
This logic is retarded
So, the logic, that 50/50s aren't the only thing that make a character strong is retarded? Well, what can I say.

Mostly just from your side dude
Are you trying to deny that SZ has great footsies? Just wow.

Someone posting a reaction time tester in lieu of an argument, to prove that they know best
You mean an having an argument about reaction times is better than to actually test them?

And of course you bring the best argument to the table:

You are literally dumb as a rock
0 % Content but 100% personal Insult. The community should definitely ignore me and listen more to guys like you, so we all know how stupid and retarded we are. It's alway a pleasure to talk to People with egos like a truck.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
0 % Content but 100% personal Insult. The community should definitely ignore me and listen more to guys like you, so we all know how stupid and retarded we are. It's alway a pleasure to talk to People with egos like a truck.
What did you expect when you strolled in here spouting dumb shit like you know anything about playing SZ.
Why would I listen to somebody like you who clearly has no clue what SZ needs or not cuz he's to busy showing all us SZ mains how "top 5" his footsies are.
I could go on and dispute what you said in that first post you made but you're not worth the effort.