What's new

General/Other - Dualist They nerfed Dualist.

You're right. Fuck this patch, usesless crap :DOGE

I'm not saying he has to be Kabal, lords knows we DO NOT NEED THAT. However, I think Liu can take a page out his book. You're +4? They ain't gonna respect you? Block there reversal special and punish. They're gonna mash d1? Block then counterpoke OR do your F1 since it's 6f - there's a 2 frame gap; they don't have a 2 frame normal :p Oh they're going to respect it and try to bait out something from you? I think not. You're going just do the cancel again until they press a button. Or throw them haha.

This is what Liu Kang's pressure system is now. No more Jailing. Just a pure mind game :p[/QUOTE)
It made all of his bad matchups worse and nothing better

Sure maybe my damage got buffed from the frame links but that's not huge

You're right. Fuck this patch, usesless crap :DOGE

I'm not saying he has to be Kabal, lords knows we DO NOT NEED THAT. However, I think Liu can take a page out his book. You're +4? They ain't gonna respect you? Block there reversal special and punish. They're gonna mash d1? Block then counterpoke OR do your F1 since it's 6f - there's a 2 frame gap; they don't have a 2 frame normal :p Oh they're going to respect it and try to bait out something from you? I think not. You're going just do the cancel again until they press a button. Or throw them haha.

This is what Liu Kang's pressure system is now. No more Jailing. Just a pure mind game :p
They made all of his bad matchups worse, nothing was really gained from the patch

Does anyone have like an idea on how dualist should be played now cause I don't really know what to do. Please helpppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have like an idea on how dualist should be played now cause I don't really know what to do. Please helpppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!
Learn the frame data on every SS cancel, know everyone's options because the opponent probably won't know. Play him like kabal from F213 SS (Scott explained it)
All I got

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
GREAT my projectiles in light mode have ever-so-slight less recovery. Would I have traded a bunch of my old options for it? Nope.

I miss the old Dualist now already. They said we had something to look forward to but sold a complete bill. They decided to wax Quan Chi's ferarri a little bit and add some new wheels, but we're stuck with a rickshaw trying to pull our matchups like

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Guys, PLEASE test stuff properly.

B12 is still beating nearly all armour/backdashes after F213 SS. One or two armour moves might not be breakable anymore, but lets not over react.

This patch has opened up new combo opportunities, and will force people to stop trying on the gimmick that was f213 dark orbs.

112 SS is either plus 1 or neutral, and F44 SS is either neutral or -1, much better than before.

You can now combo from f213 SS in the corner.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So they nerfed dualist. I don't think it was intentional but they nerfed liu kang as a whole which nerfed dualist. No string into b12 breaks armor, at most from SS cancel he'll get plus; 4-5? Everything is armorable, backdashable, they didn't really fix the fireballs, the orb on block setups are more unsafe. Even though more things link on hit, they're not safe on block. Liu kang is about pressure, dualist losses pressure, especially from his main string. As of now I'm dropping the character.
Naruto never gave up on Sasuke.

B12 is still beating nearly all armour/backdashes after F213 SS. One or two armour moves might not be breakable anymore, but lets not over react.

This patch has opened up new combo opportunities, and will force people to stop trying on the gimmick that was f213 dark orbs.

112 SS is either plus 1 or neutral, and F44 SS is either neutral or -1, much better than before.

You can link mid screen b12 dd1 rc 113 etc... but im pretty sure that this is a 1 frame link maybe 2. Also b12 dd1 f44 etc... but this one is easier. Probably you can link f1 and other but the first two are the optimals. Both work on the corner of course. Haven't tested other combos in the corner thou.

The problem is that they announced buffs but the character actually is a bit weaker than before. It still is low mid tier.

Honestly if they remove only 2 frames of the metamorphosis this variation would be beast, also remove like 50 recovery frames from the light balls to make them decent but thats not gonna happen.

Edit: 112 dd1 also links into rc 113 and ff4, also into f213 in the corner. f44 into f44, probably also rc 113. My fingers hurt like hell trying these so no more for today. Also no way in hell you are connecting the rc 113 in pressure, they are just way to tight.

edit2 f4 or f44 doesn't link into anything

Last edited:

AssassiN

Noob

I agree there is some overreacting going on here.
B12 will break almost every armor, only the fast ones like Cassie's Backflip or Kung Lao's spin.
Even then people seem to be forgetting that the reversal OS is gone, will rarely happen that people will get the reversal armor.

F213~Dark Orbs seemed like a gimmick to me. What's stopping that person from using a string that moves him away from the orb?
Now it's more of a gimmick, time to rely more on SS pressure.

Lab more, test things out, play matches and then draw a conclusion. Not one day after the patch has been released..

I agree there is some overreacting going on here.
B12 will break almost every armor, only the fast ones like Cassie's Backflip or Kung Lao's spin.
Even then people seem to be forgetting that the reversal OS is gone, will rarely happen that people will get the reversal armor.

F213~Dark Orbs seemed like a gimmick to me. What's stopping that person from using a string that moves him away from the orb?
Now it's more of a gimmick, time to rely more on SS pressure.

Lab more, test things out, play matches and then draw a conclusion. Not one day after the patch has been released..
YOOOOOO!!!! b12 after f213 ss doesn't break any armor 10 frames or above. Whats the point of being plus on block, when u gotta block thinking your opponent would armor or poke you out(e.g kotals d1 or d3) or even double back-dash. I can't always make the right decisions. If I do f213 ss b12 and block immediately, kotal can back-dash after f213 ss and b1 punish immediately(EASY, just for one wrong decision). Its just based on gimmicks, just based on reads and decisions. Am not dropping this variation because I believe I can find a new way to play him but its just frustrating:(( salty!).

AssassiN

Noob
YOOOOOO!!!! b12 after f213 ss doesn't break any armor 10 frames or above. Whats the point of being plus on block, when u gotta block thinking your opponent would armor or poke you out(e.g kotals d1 or d3) or even double back-dash. I can't always make the right decisions. If I do f213 ss b12 and block immediately, kotal can back-dash after f213 ss and b1 punish immediately(EASY, just for one wrong decision). Its just based on gimmicks, just based on reads and decisions. Am not dropping this variation because I believe I can find a new way to play him but its just frustrating:(( salty!).
You might have to block an armor attempt like almost every other character in the game? Bad character...

Welcome to fighting games, where you have to think about your opponent options and what he will do.
Sorry his B12 doesn't automatically destroy any attempt at armor, poking or backdashes and his only option is blocking.
I'm not sure how + F213~SS now is, but I do think you can punish poking. If Elite's frame data is right, B1 should come out at 4-5 frames. No poke in the game is that fast.

You might have to block an armor attempt like almost every other character in the game? Bad character...

Welcome to fighting games, where you have to think about your opponent options and what he will do.
Sorry his B12 doesn't automatically destroy any attempt at armor, poking or backdashes and his only option is blocking.
I'm not sure how + F213~SS now is, but I do think you can punish poking. If Elite's frame data is right, B1 should come out at 4-5 frames. No poke in the game is that fast.
Go test it against kotal's down 3. Make sure u don't just mash it. Hit it right.

But now it's too much of a guessing game, before after f213 SS, if you read a armor, you b12. Because that was your only option of beating it.. Now since you're only +4/5 characters with fast reversals now make you guess. Like I said, they nerfed him because his bad matchups got worse, none of them got better. Now against some players, if they read you're gonna block they can grab you or just run away. That guessing game is too much of a guessing game to be strong pressure. It was way stronger before.

K. I literally haven't been able to play for 3 months, as far as I'm concerned these omg lets cry enough tears to put a monsoon to shame threads are getting really annoying. Adapt, level up, or stop being such a pussy.

Last edited:

Ryncage

Noob
K. I literally haven't been able to play for 3 months, as far as I'm concerned these omg lets cry enough tears to put a monsoon to shame threads are getting really annoying, adapt, level up, and stop being such a pussy.
Easy to say when you arent pissing away shekels to go to tournies. Easy to say when it isnt the character youve poured the most time and enegy into gets rekts by a bunch of blind kneejerking babies who couldnt balance a row of dominos if their lives depended on it.

Easy to say when you arent pissing away shekels to go to tournies. Easy to say when it isnt the character youve poured the most time and enegy into gets rekts by a bunch of blind kneejerking babies who couldnt balance a row of dominos if their lives depended on it.
I go to my springfield missouri local every week which cost actual money considering I live 3 hours away. Tanya (which is my main) got nerfed thanks to the crying by a bunch of dumbasses who couldn't figure out a match up after 3 weeks. I know your trying to make me sympathize but you are preaching to the choir. Just complain enough and I'm sure you'll get a buff in the next patch.