What's new

There Is A Huge Chance That We Might See Sonya and Johnny Cage in MKX

Hello Guys,

I am sure that according to Boon's interviews, most of you had a feeling that we could have seen Sonya and Johnny in the brand new Mortal Kombat X game. Well this may very well be true, remember when we all first saw Cassie Cage? some of us thought that since they have combined Sonya's and Johnny's moves in one character which is Cassie, it would be less likely that we would see the dynamic duo.

Later on, in the interviews Ed Boon has mentioned numerous times about Sonya and Johnny 'getting together' in the story and having a baby. (Cassie) This gave some of us hopes that we would see them in Mortal Kombat X, but there also was a little birdy in our heads saying that, if Cassie is in the game, why would the make Johnny and Sonya? Well why not? Remember, in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance? there already was an ice character, Sub-Zero but they also introduced Frost in the game. The point is that Nether Realm Studios are capable of doing such things to please us the fans.

Back to Sonya and Johnny; we also have heard from Ed Boon's interviews that there would be some sort of interaction between Cassie and her parents (Sonya and Johnny Cage.) Basically this confirms that there is a great chance of us seeing the dynamic couple of Mortal Kombat Series.

"To me personally, part of the magic of introducing Cassie Cage is to see her interact with her mother, Sonya and father, Johnny Cage. I think it would be, story-wise, a lost opportunity if we didn't show that. So we haven't announced the characters, but because Cassie Cage is in it doesn't mean that her parents are not in the game."

Source

Personally i believe that we will see Sonya and Johnny in the game, however they may not be playable, only cameos in the story-mode, just like Skarlet, Khameleon in Mortal Kombat 2011 game. If i am wrong, i would be happy and disappointed at the same time, because i would want more unique characters with unique moves and styles, since Cassie will mostly borrow moves from her parents, and if her parents would also be playable that would be a bummer for me personally.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think Sonya and Cage will both be in... But since Cassie has most of their MK9 moves they will probably change a lot.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
Humm... I'd actually be more happy to see killer FROST as a returning character.. :D

Ops, sorry! I mean frost only.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I'll be honest, I didn't read the entire op, but did you take into account that maybe johnny and/or sonya might just be in story mode, but not as a playable character.

Ex: story mode starts as all story modes starts,( movie like intro) showing raiden, sonya, johnny after events of mk9.

Technically they would be "in the game"

I'll be honest, I didn't read the entire op, but did you take into account that maybe johnny and/or sonya might just be in story mode, but not as a playable character.

Ex: story mode starts as all story modes starts,( movie like intro) showing raiden, sonya, johnny after events of mk9.

Technically they would be "in the game"
that is what i said in my personal thoughts. :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If Sonya and Johnny are both returning for another MK, that isn't really my problem with it as they are classic iconic characters and I don't dislike either.

My issue would be that if they were both returning I would MUCH rather have had a completely brand new original character like we've seen with Kotal, Torr, and D'vorah taking that extra character slot, than "the daughter of the two with similar moves from the two but different enough to be her own character".

If none or one returns playable I love the idea of Cassie. If they both return playable I hate it.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
So far, we've seen ALL the returning characters get very different move sets. So many specials and normals that they haven't had in any other game. There is no reason to think that both Sonya and Johnny couldn't have completely redesigned move sets/specials as well. Plus, Cassie doesn't have the exact moves of Sonya/Johnny, but variations of them. I would be happy to welcome redesigned Sonya and Johnny, and look forward to their story implications. It would be a huge missed-opportunity (story-wise) if one or both aren't included.

Don't forget the whole "fatalitites on family member"s thing.

As stated above, their moves could be as different as they want them to be. Mortal Kombat wasn't actually super original in the creation of its characters. I mean ninjas used to be the exact same, some characters were born out of jokes or mistakes, and some were introduced intentionally to be the "female" or "other colour" version of an older one. And a lot of you keep whining about two classic, perfectly fine characters. They wouldn't "steal" slots. If anything, slots would be stolen from them. Who in the world has an emotional connection to Kano? Yet a lot of you were fanboying over a video of him.

In other words, stop hating my guuuuuuuuurl ya'll bi**hes.:mad:

(That last remark was a joke, you are entitled to like or dislike whomever you want, bless your hearts.)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Why do people think that Cassie has cloned Cage and Sonya's moves? Does she share THEMATIC similarities to her parents? Yeah, naturally. The same way Frost is THEMATICALLY similar to Sub-Zero. Everything we've seen gameplay wise though distinguishes Cassie's moveset as technically and functionally unique. Sure her hands glow green but she doesn't toss green arcing fireballs and her shadow kick is an UPKICK anti-air. Not to mention she has twin pistols.

I don't know why people keep on with this. Cassie is her own character and I've never seen popi Cage beat someone's ass with a retractable club or Mrs. Blade call down an air strike. This is not a clone job.

If/when Cage and Sonya are revealed I'm sure they'll have movesets noticeably different than Cassie's.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm calling it:

Johnny Cage and Sonya will be in Story Mode only, then released in a pair as DLC a few months later*.

* little to no thought went into the provided speculation. Taking it seriously would be naive; resulting in disappointment, depression and painful urination.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I cannot even begin to imagine anything on Earth that could possibly be stupider on the part of a developer than to create a hybridization character who essentially combines two others and then proceed to still waste character slots on those other two who were combined. Sonya and Cage are a definite for the story but absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever cannot also be on the playable roster, or I will fucking fatality myself.