What's new

The Walking Dead, Season 3 Discussion

Seapeople

This one's for you
That was one of the best episodes of the season imo. Definitely worth watching.

The finale was kind of a letdown though. They had been building up a war all season and nothing really happened.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
They find him.
He tells them to never stop fighting or some crap, and they leave. He just remains because he's turned crazy. His son most likely died somehow

That episode was a total waste of time
I don't think it was. The episode in itself had 3 goals: reunite with Morgan, make Michonne likeable and have Rick wake the fuck up and stop hallucinating and shit.

And all of them were executed pretty well imo. I liked this season but the last couple of episodes were ass plotwise. A lot of good moments like the governor going ham on his henchmen and Merles death. But yeah overall the season was okay, the plot holes in the finale were too dumb to ignore.

I love this show but i cringe everytime people compare it to GoT or Breaking Bad. I could say without a shade of doubt and no exaggeration whatsoever, that absolutely all of Breaking Bad's episodes are masterpieces, can we say that about TWD?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't think it was. The episode in itself had 3 goals: reunite with Morgan, make Michonne likeable and have Rick wake the fuck up and stop hallucinating and shit.

And all of them were executed pretty well imo. I liked this season but the last couple of episodes were ass plotwise. A lot of good moments like the governor going ham on his henchmen and Merles death. But yeah overall the season was okay, the plot holes in the finale were too dumb to ignore.

I love this show but i cringe everytime people compare it to GoT or Breaking Bad. I could say without a shade of doubt and no exaggeration whatsoever, that absolutely all of Breaking Bad's episodes are masterpieces, can we say that about TWD?
The finale was so bad lol.

Yeah Breaking Bad is much more consistent. Still have like 5 episodes I need to finish on it. It's been a masterpiece every episode.

Walking Dead was great the first two seasons but this last one is sketchy. I have my doubts for next season.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
what plot holes are u all talking about, alls i know is that this season seemed to dragged out, i kept finding myself wanting them to hurry the hell up and get to what we all want it to get to lol.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
well the first few episodes of this part season were great, especially number four. what sucks is that ever since that scene where carl and maggie walk outside with the baby and rick realizes lori is dead, the show has been kind of a letdown. still, i love it

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
S3 is the worst season by far, it was comically bad. I watched it out of respect for the first two seasons. The last 3/4s of it especially. The prison and the governer were pretty interesting at first but the show has a lot of bloated and tedious exposition throughout with poor and laughable decision making from the characters. Getting over how stupid having a baby and eventually dying from it was, was one of the hardest things to do. Then we had to deal with the repercussions of that for half the season, so all I did was dwell over how dumb everything was. The finale was laughable, they built up so much and it felt like a complete copout. I'll continue to watch the show but man, it's a shame they dropped the ball in s3.

I thought it was a good season but the zombies aren't even a factor like they were before. Season 1 was terror if a zombie showed up and death if a herd of them did. Now they don't even kill it if its by itself and they mow through a herd.
Still pumped for season 4 though.
I think it was fairly obvious that the focus of this season was to showcase human survival and nature within a zombie disaster on a bigger scale. S1 and S2 had plenty of humans against zombies. S2 was more about the enemy being themselves and their own paranoia, doubt and fear of outsiders and the concern that brings when the central decision making of the group is questionable and risky to everyone. S3 took that to a foreign group that had survived in a slightly different way but with a more Shane like figurehead except with a lot more focus on manipulation and his own denial of his past. The whole season was kinda focused on that in a way now that I think about it. With Rick and The Governer both being in denial at times over their family member(s) death. They had a good idea imo, get a bigger group, larger and more fortified place to live and find a parallel group with a few psychotic quirks to wage war over fear and paranoia of eachother with delusional leaders at the front. Just wish that shit wasn't all started by a stupid decision to have a baby during a zombie pandemic.

ryublaze

Noob
Does anyone know when Season 4 starts? not that I want to see it, but I most likely will with a few friends because they want to see it.

also why does every good show I watch always starts off good for the first 2 seasons then start to suck? :(

ryublaze

Noob
Walkers top tier again? Seriously I hated that Walkers weren't really a huge factor in season 3. This trailer is making it look like Walkers will be as big of a threat as they were in the first two seasons so I'm pretty hyped.

Also they didn't show the Governor in the trailer. :D I hated that character.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Walkers top tier again? Seriously I hated that Walkers weren't really a huge factor in season 3. This trailer is making it look like Walkers will be as big of a threat as they were in the first two seasons so I'm pretty hyped.

Also they didn't show the Governor in the trailer. :D I hated that character.

In the comics, the walkers kind of fade out of being a huge problem as the survivors learn how to deal with them better, but they do continue to kill people. The real focus of that series is how humanity would act if society toppled overnight.

Unfortunately, David Morrissey (the guy who plays The Gov) is confirmed to be part of the regular cast for season 4.