What's new

Guide - Pumped Up The Ultimate Pumped Up Guide

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Just picked up Jax and I've been playing pumped up because i prefer the restand for corner pressure. I feel like there are a few strings where if you do mb dash punch down and try your basic run cancel combo, it won't connect. It doesn't seem to work after 123 mb dpd, b3 mb dpd, and his other low string dunno the name. Talking about midscreen btw. So am I crazy or just need to git gud?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just picked up Jax and I've been playing pumped up because i prefer the restand for corner pressure. I feel like there are a few strings where if you do mb dash punch down and try your basic run cancel combo, it won't connect. It doesn't seem to work after 123 mb dpd, b3 mb dpd, and his other low string dunno the name. Talking about midscreen btw. So am I crazy or just need to git gud?
Yeah, it's easiest after 12~MB.bf2d. F21~MB.bf2d will connect against most characters but is a bit tighter.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
If you're facing females, most combos other than 1,2 push too far back on hit which in that case you have to go for the easy combo afterwards...

The struggle...

Reactions: Kyu

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i came across this thread for the first time today, and i've only gotten halfway through the guide so far but i gotta say that you did an excellent job with this. Good shit bro

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Does that work for every character? I'm using Jacqui as a practice dummy and can't get a 11 to connect after b34.

[Edit] Nevermind, got it figured out. Thanks for the heads up! Updating the OP now.
Don't forget that Jax has big problems with Female chars, especially his F2,1 whiff many time on air girls, sit or even standing girls and in the corner it's harder to connect => B3,4 xxx BF2D, xxx 11 etc... against girls

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, they really did make Jax way more viable than he already was. I've started messing with the game again and will probably update this guide shortly, now that he can consistently get midscreen damage off his 50/50s.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Already started making some edits. I'm sad his b2 option select is gone, but they more than made up for it by allowing his to consistently combo female characters midscreen. Overall, I'd say he's way scarier post-patch.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Only watched the normals video man, very well later out and presented and explain certain things that other people would just assume you know good stuff

I'm wondering why you skipped D3 with Jax's being one of the best D3s in the game

No it isn't. Lol it's neutral and slow at 9 frames. Some people have really good d3s and are plus or just low profile pressure and faster at 7 frames. If it's plus or faster it's better. But jax d3 is decent. Good for being neutral but doesn't stand out over other characters. Even a d3 with range is good like dvorah. Better d3s would be Sonya reptile Liu kang takeda etc

@FireBreather

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Only watched the normals video man, very well later out and presented and explain certain things that other people would just assume you know good stuff

I'm wondering why you skipped D3 with Jax's being one of the best D3s in the game
I have no idea. I'll have to give it another look. Thanks!