What's new

The TYM Status Update Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
People are seemingly salty over the loss of the status updates from TYM, so I figure I would make this thread for us to check and see all of our important up-to-the-minute updates that we hold so dearly!

I will get the ball rolling:

@RiBBz22 : Just made a thread on TYM so people can use it to make status updates

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Youphemism : Stupid Ribbzz, making a thread for status updates when he could be making a thread telling us about MKX. You know, since he went to the future...

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I for one welcome the change. No more random people posting miscellaneous statuses on here about how they just took their dog to the vet.

@Tony at Home: "Something something trolling. Something something drama. Something something passive aggressiveness."

Sarcasm aside, I hope this is just a side-effect of site renovations and not a permanent change. I think they were a good feature apart from those isolated bad examples. I mean, we had yet to reach levels of MKU trolling/drama/passive-agressiveness on status updates (*shudders*).

Typical MKU status updates (these are actually real examples from yesterday):

Evil_Cupcake_88
This is why you got kicked from EMPR lol. Got bodied them hopped on MKU trying to talk shit. Have Fun Trying to mash D3 after Blocking cages 11F1 and then blaming lag when you get rekt for it. Then try to pull the "If this was offline, Wired you would lose" Card. Yet you never been to at least one offline event. You probably play on a big ass 90 Inch Toshiba Plasma... WALL MOUNT. Talking bout lag. You lost to Blikkis 0-5 and . Stop it fam. PS all of our matches is on stream and in th...

DRAMACYDAL
Yo I done hurt that lil pussy [REDACTED] CRAZY_CUPCAKE_88's feeling and he blocked me on PSN lol What a lil [REDACTED...seriously dude?] lol

^ Let's never become this. Ever.

coolwhip

Noob
Is TYM trying to take the fun aspect out? Between off topic threads and status updates, that's the only possible explanations.

If the idea is status updates can sometimes be stupid/insulting or whatever, is it really that hard to moderate them the way you would any other post? It makes no sense.

Sometimes status updates are legit important issues that don't warrant creating a thread about but don't want to post and have it get lost in the shuffle in some other threads. Even things like asking for games in PSN or Xbox Live is pretty important. After all, isn't that why we're here?

I don't know what's happening to this place, but if that's the "changes are coming" we've been hearing about for a couple of months, well, they suck.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
@Catnip_Her0 Ultra sf4 ps3 lobby going down and halo MCC later come on by twitch.tv/catnip_her0 .......

Y in blue blazes did tym remove the status updates ? I say we RIOT !!! and don't shit talk mku lol u can say whatever u want over there and not worry about infractions and pointless bans for calling someone an idiot.