What's new

General/Other The Superroundhouse Kick Thread

Kovu

The Crownless King
So, obviously this thread is dedicated to his super roundhouse kick.

Do you think it will be in MK9?

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Ugh. One of the absolute laziest "We need some new specials that require no new animations AND QUICK!" specials ever. I'd hope they could do better this time around.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Ugh. One of the absolute laziest "We need some new specials that require no new animations AND QUICK!" specials ever. I'd hope they could do better this time around.
Ya but roundhouses aren't even that prevelant in MK9, no reason not give rain it, its a crazy unique move that he should keep. If blandness is a problem they could give it a new fancy animation, like his foot is all electrical or something.

It and his rain ball should make a return, he just wouldn't be rain with out them.

Kovu

The Crownless King
Keep in mind, that this time around the arenas are HUGE in comparison to UMK3. Unless they make it where they get kicked around where the camera is facing at the moment.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think it will make a come back in some sort of effective way.

They have a great idea with it, but I don't know what to expect of his other moves, and they need to be careful if they ever plan to release Fujin as a DLC character.

Getting allot of weather men on the roster...

Kwon

---->----
He should have one Spinning Kick (left to right) that juggles the opponent, and one Spinning Kick (from right to left) that knockbacks the opponent.

Then his X-ray could be started by a lunging spinningkick

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Rain definitely should have it. Just make it so you can't infinitely do it in a combo like MKT.

indig0

Noob
Yes. I want this. I want to be able to hit-confirm a super roundhouse, kick the opponent full screen away, have him appear from the other side and then continue to combo him. So epic.

McNasty

Moist.
I think it would be cool if it was part of his xray and reversed sides with the opponent so if your in the corner you roundhouse xray them to the other side he hits them a couple more times then they are in the corner.

Red

Noob
wow i thought i was the only person thinking of this...

i sure do hope they give hime the srhk as a special.. can we say rain is a tier character if they do

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Could make it tied to the NJP bounce counter.

Rain had the rain ball, the round house, and the ligthing juggle, did he have anything else? I can't remember.
Give him like a double jump by controlling wind, or something silly to round off his weather powers.

Pagan

Noob
Considering how the revamped Kenshi, Rain will probably (hopefully) be way different from his previous incarnations however I really hope he will still have forceball and the teleport roundhouse. I also hope he can steal back his lightning strike from Nightwolf.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Considering how the revamped Kenshi, Rain will probably (hopefully) be way different from his previous incarnations however I really hope he will still have forceball and the teleport roundhouse. I also hope he can steal back his lightning strike from Nightwolf.
part of a wacky, umk3-style fatality, perhaps??

He takes stance. And starts roundhouse kicking you in the face, each kick spins you around, faster and faster until it starts to whip up a tornado that pulls you up off the ground where you subsequently get twisted and ripped apart by the wind. For the grand, comically violent finale, the tornado pulls up into the sky and dies off, raining your blood/entrails down on him from the sky as he takes his victory stance. (insert Slayer joke here)

Pagan

Noob
part of a wacky, umk3-style fatality, perhaps??

He takes stance. And starts roundhouse kicking you in the face, each kick spins you around, faster and faster until it starts to whip up a tornado that pulls you up off the ground where you subsequently get twisted and ripped apart by the wind. For the grand, comically violent finale, the tornado pulls up into the sky and dies off, raining your blood/entrails down on him from the sky as he takes his victory stance. (insert Slayer joke here)
I could see an MK9 fatality where Rain roundhouse kicks the opponent's head off and then catches it behind him and holds it up.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
this is the way i see Roundhouse coming back.

Roundhouse Kick DB3: Special Kick that can also be used as an anti air that pushes the fighter to the end of the screen
EX Super Roundhouse Kick DB3+BLK: Special Kick that can be used as an anti air that teleports the opponent from one side of the screen to the other and is also a combo starter. can be combo'ed into additional SRHKs at the cost of additional meter.

there. it makes sense for the attack and is not broken or an infinite unless you think its a good idea to use up all your meter for additional EX kicks. hopefully thats how its done.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Or they could make it like any other move of this nature... you can juggle it once... the second time it make it impossible to combo unless its an ex version.
I see it kind of like Scorpions high roundhouse... instead of sending ffrom one screen to the next ... it hits throught he top and has the juggle from the the bottom. The EX version does what the srk did normally but he turns and kicks them straight up for the juggle... the ex Version having armor and being his one safe option on wakeup.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Rain's mind-control-orb, roundhouse and lightning are linked to who he is as a character. He won't be without them this game. Having Rain without them is like... Johnny Cage without nut punches.